Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:33

is there a particular reason why you want a/f dave dave that guage looks good tho...

i hear that exhaust temperature guages give you more warning about impending detonation than afr guages can...

Not really, it's just a bonus that it will sit nicely next to the autometer ones. It's cheaper than the ugly kits I've seen eg http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/default.htm

Edit/Addition: Also, why would temp be a better indication. I realise the leaner you are the hotter your are also, but wouldn't displacement, boost, revs, etc play a role in the exhaust temp which isn't detrimental to the engine.
Or am I a tool in the fact that the temp of the gas always stays the same but there's just more of it. Even so, would this 'trick' the sensor in anyway?

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 06:42]

Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can see that tech edge one being usefull for tuning a car on the road if you were trying to keep a constant a/f ratio like 12.5:1 ive seen some videos trd tuning the jgtc 3sgte motors and they use that kind of display but your right would look damn ugly on the dash
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep it was done in 4th gear. The last run on the dyno (a different one i might add) on a bloody hot day was 125 kW.

And yes it was really cold so i am sure it makes a difference.

They reckoned the previous tune was a bit wussy so have changed the fueling and timing a bit.

If feels more responsive but time will tell.

What i understand is that the factory computer can only run upto about 110 kw, and nemerous "tuners" have said that a good aftermarket programmable ECU can make all the difference.

I still honestly think its swings and roundabouts however. If you were ding this from scratch you would not spend like around the $ 3000 it cost for a motec just to get another like 20kW IMO

It will however come in handy when the next phase of forced induction gets bolted on Evil or Very Mad

In the mean time we should be able to have a bit of fun with this set up Very Happy
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:41

i can see that tech edge one being usefull for tuning a car on the road if you were trying to keep a constant a/f ratio like 12.5:1 ive seen some videos trd tuning the jgtc 3sgte motors and they use that kind of display but your right would look damn ugly on the dash

I don't think you'd ever use a gauge to tune. Wouldn't you use the laptop output?
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holly shit gunmetal how do u get so much power?
whats the full detail of ur mod if u dont mind telling
and how did u go over 200km/h in 4th unless ur pass rev limit or difference gear ratios?
man and it looses no power towards top end aswell

i only have stock s/c aw11 with nevo175. i wanted to get a computer but tuner said i wont make more power as my a/f ratio is pretty much perfect from about 3000rpm onwards. i start dropping power at about 6500rpm though

what drag time would you be able to pull with that much power? im guessing low13s to high 12s?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes and no
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:51

and how did u go over 200km/h in 4th unless ur pass rev limit or difference gear ratios?

i only have stock s/c aw11 with nevo175. i wanted to get a computer but tuner said i wont make more power as my a/f ratio is pretty much perfect from about 3000rpm onwards. i start dropping power at about 6500rpm though

what drag time would you be able to pull with that much power? im guessing low13s to high 12s?

with the motec you can reset the rev limit higher or lower...

it doent loos power but it starts to flatten out..

a/f ratios arent everying in tuning timing can also be adjusted..

13s but not 12s i thinks as youd need probably about 150atw for 12s
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i could get bit more power but wouldnt be worth the money
man i'd love to have 139kwatw. im getting so frustrated coz my car is s/c but no faster then lancers1.8 , corolla sx, etc...

i think its the weight, on the weigh it pulls 1190kg, thats dead empty with no stereo (not even cdplayer), no spare, no big wheels, no nothing. i think im gonna get rid of some stuff soon like a/c, sound deadening etc...
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well this is only what i have been told and have reciepts for as i did not do the work.

Remeber also this is a 94 spec engine with coil paks and the smaller SC pulley etc etc so they make more power straight out of the box

different/ bigger valves and valve springs

Head ported and flow tested

HKS cams...dont know the specs

HKS exhaust and 2.5 inch high flow cat and exhaust

Motec M4 ECU

175 Nevo crank pulley

alternative / relocated intercooler (could be much / better / bigger)

lightened flywheel and heavy duty clutch again dont know the specs but it revs very well and hooks up nicely, never had a prob launching it.

With the motec obviously everything is adjustable including timing fuelling and rev limit etc

Also a note this test was done with 225 45 16 rear tyres that increase the rolling diameter and hence speed per engine engine revs. Not that its

As for standing 1/4 times hand held its in the low 14s, i think you would be looking closer to 200kW for those sort of times

hope this helps,

PS the recipts from the guy i purchased it from were in the order of 20 K

PSS its also got a set of sweet custom chrome moly drive
shafts Very Happy

i think thats all on the drive train anyway...... phew
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:42

Yep it was done in 4th gear. The last run on the dyno (a different one i might add) on a bloody hot day was 125 kW.

i dont think temp makes a difference to power output. dynos i've seen they mount temp sensor next to the air intake to make compensation for the different temp in the air
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 17:14

Well this is only what i have been told and have reciepts for as i did not do the work.

Remeber also this is a 94 spec engine with coil paks and the smaller SC pulley etc etc so they make more power straight out of the box

different/ bigger valves and valve springs

Head ported and flow tested

HKS cams...dont know the specs

HKS exhaust and 2.5 inch high flow cat and exhaust

Motec M4 ECU

175 Nevo crank pulley

alternative / relocated intercooler (could be much / better / bigger)

lightened flywheel and heavy duty clutch again dont know the specs but it revs very well and hooks up nicely, never had a prob launching it.

With the motec obviously everything is adjustable including timing fuelling and rev limit etc

Also a note this test was done with 225 45 16 rear tyres that increase the rolling diameter and hence speed per engine engine revs. Not that its

As for standing 1/4 times hand held its in the low 14s, i think you would be looking closer to 200kW for those sort of times

hope this helps,

PS the recipts from the guy i purchased it from were in the order of 20 K

PSS its also got a set of sweet custom chrome moly drive
shafts Very Happy

i think thats all on the drive train anyway...... phew

sweet Smile
thats probably as much as u can do to a s/c
man no wonder, thats alot of money spent there
was the old owner an aw11 freak aswell or was it straight out of japan?

your hand held times quater would be very inaccurate. you will do low 13s easy trust me Smile
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 17:15

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:42

i dont think temp makes a difference to power output. dynos i've seen they mount temp sensor next to the air intake to make compensation for the different temp in the air

You are well be right, but to be honest you cant really compare dyno to dyno anyway, also the same dyno can give different readings on a day to day basis.

The compensation thing also varys and it depends on how the operator sets it up etc etc

The other thing is where the temp / hudity sensors are located and how effectively the intercooler can be cooled the air density, moisture content, relative humidy, heat soak and heaps of other factors.

I have about 6 dyno charts for this car both from test i have had done and also from the previous owner as he had different mods done, they were from different shops so again you could not really compare them. this last test was really done for me just to check the car was getting a good diet and to get some experience with a workshop that is closer to where i work.

Regards
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats true

when u get the car on the dyno, u they blow a fan on the i/c aswell? so to simulate the airflow while driving? coz if its just blowing from air front of radiatior, not enough reaches the i/c?
i reckon a road tune is better, coz its more realistic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altho the dyno may compensate its not just inlet air temps that are effected the efficiency of the i/c is also effected.. the car will make more power on a cooler day
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 17:41

yeah thats true

when u get the car on the dyno, u they blow a fan on the i/c aswell? so to simulate the airflow while driving? coz if its just blowing from air front of radiatior, not enough reaches the i/c?
i reckon a road tune is better, coz its more realistic

you cant do 200km/hr on the road all the time
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 19:35

in the NT i could. Evil or Very Mad

now i gotta go back to page 52 and wait for it to load. grr stupid connection. Mad
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 17:10

yeah i could get bit more power but wouldnt be worth the money
man i'd love to have 139kwatw. im getting so frustrated coz my car is s/c but no faster then lancers1.8 , corolla sx, etc...

i think its the weight, on the weigh it pulls 1190kg, thats dead empty with no stereo (not even cdplayer), no spare, no big wheels, no nothing. i think im gonna get rid of some stuff soon like a/c, sound deadening etc...

Mate there is definately something wrong with your aw11sc if you are no faster than 1.8 lancer's or SX Corolla's.
I have owned an SX Corolla and there is no comparison and by the way the corolla ways more than the aw11sc.
You just need to read any review of the cars concerned to see that the corolla and lancer pull 16.5 to 16.9 0-400 times compared to the standard AW11sc times of 14.9 to 15.2.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 21:18

4agte wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 19:35

in the NT i could. Evil or Very Mad

now i gotta go back to page 52 and wait for it to load. grr stupid connection. Mad

stupid nsw why cant they take after the nt

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 22:06]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 21:18

Even though I'm on broadband, I hate waiting for pages to load. I dropped my post/page down in the profile bit. Which means I'm up to page 157 now, but the pages don't get so big
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, and the road toll is less up there too. but it is a lot more sparse in the NT then what it is down NSW.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 24 June 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 08:50

Even though I'm on broadband, I hate waiting for pages to load. I dropped my post/page down in the profile bit. Which means I'm up to page 157 now, but the pages don't get so big

hrmm.. that could be the answer. 14.4kbps sux.
cheers man. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 08:52

yea, and the road toll is less up there too. but it is a lot more sparse in the NT then what it is down NSW.

yeah my uncle used to live in nt he said that he would regularly drive at 170kph and that most people drove pretty quick....

says alot for the whole speed kills thing huh
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha stop whinging you guys
man i remember the good old dialup days, waited 3 days for one good quality episode of anime in svcd format. thats hardcore dedication Very Happy
now i wouldnt even bother browse the net if it was dialup speed.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 15:48

4agte wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:11

nah thats 4th you would neva get 200kmph in 3rd gear....

Embarassed
Whoops, for some reason I thought "dyno's should be done in 4th & I'm on about 4000 at 125" I just forgot that I would be in 5th, derrrr..

That's a fantastic number then! I thought 139 in 3rd would have been pretty good though Razz

uuhh, i thought all dyno's were run in 3rd gear?? awesome smooth power curve too!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4th gear is supposed to give the correct ratio and running in 3rd with big power cars can cause big problems with wheelspin
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 22:21

4agte umm... there is the plug which is part of the sensor, and then there is the clip which is on the wiring loom.

my clip is greay, but the plug is an dark orange colour.

this is not my sensor but this is what has happened to it
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1416/unknown2xt.jpg

It seems that the same problems keep occuring at the same time for our cars.
My diagnostic check is throwing up the code for my knock sensor. Would someone be able to tell me where abouts the knock sensor is located? (ie between which cylinders) And if I can actually check the electrical connector with both the inlet manifold and supercharger still in place???

I don't really want to dismantle everything only to find the plug has come loose.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have located my knock sensor now. Wiso, when you were saying that the plug on the loom is orange, how far back from the sensor is this plug?
Mine seems to disappear into the harness after about 15cm...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its between cylinders 3 and 4....

you may well be able to jiggle the plug to see if its loose without taking everything apart but if its broken i would think you have to take it all off or drop the engine
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh dude that green thing in the pic is the plug, from there the wires goes to the ecu, my plug was grey, it was differant cause it was off a corolla, so yours should be greay aswell

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 08:40]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:37

4agte wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 16:33

is there a particular reason why you want a/f dave dave that guage looks good tho...

i hear that exhaust temperature guages give you more warning about impending detonation than afr guages can...

Not really, it's just a bonus that it will sit nicely next to the autometer ones. It's cheaper than the ugly kits I've seen eg http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/default.htm

Edit/Addition: Also, why would temp be a better indication. I realise the leaner you are the hotter your are also, but wouldn't displacement, boost, revs, etc play a role in the exhaust temp which isn't detrimental to the engine.
Or am I a tool in the fact that the temp of the gas always stays the same but there's just more of it. Even so, would this 'trick' the sensor in anyway?

The only reason why a an exhaust temp guage would be more useful is because they are generally put in single exhaust runners so you can see what is happening in each cylinder.

The big problem with exhaust temp guages however is that the only thing they tell you is "the temperature of the exhaust gas. This doesn't mean a whole lot because there is a variety of things that can change the temperature. It is useful for making sure you don't overheat the turbine wheel but that's a different matter.

The thing is that the timing of the combustion process is far more influential on the gas temps than the AFR is. If your timing is retarded then the exhaust temperatures will be higher, this is because there is less time for the combustion process to complete with the valves closed so the energy that is usually used to push the piston down is still in the gas when it leaves the cylinder in the form of heat. The same thing happens if you advance the exhaust cam.

As you can see by the fact that the reading on an exhaust temp guage will go up when the timing is reatrded it's not a whole lot of help in letting you know when detonation is likely.

Exhaust temp guages are really old technology and the only reason they are used is to see the temp of the gas. Generally if you see any maximum effort engine being tuned on an engine dyno it will have a temp probe and oxygen sensor in each and every exhaust runner. The idea that exhaust temperature is more useful is perpetuated by people who's knowledge is out of date, who don't understand how and why oxygen sensors are used.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 25 June 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having said that, monitoring a narrow band oxygen sensor in a standard management car isn't really usefull for anything other than making sure the sensor is OK. The stock management when using the sensor will constantly cycle rich-lean-rich.

The narrow band sensor will not be any use when at full throttle and the AFR's go to around 10:1 in a stock Toyota managed turbo car.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the info josh

from what ive read by the time you notice that the engine is running lean under load the damage has allready been done and that by running an exaust temperatue guage you can see the exhaust temperature rising which gives you time to back off the throttle
loreak
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi everyone,
I need some help from the aw11 community..
A few weeks ago I was fool enough to crash my mr2, the chassis has been bent but it still may be worth fixing. The place fixing it say they need to take the roof skin off to allow them to straighten it. The bloke who is quoting it said to fix the old roof skin would be some astronomical cost, so the best option would be to replace it with a new one. Problem is they don't make aw11 roof skins with the sunroof hole, so he was telling me I should just sell the car to a wrecker.

I did some calling around and you can still get a plain roof skin (it not like you need a sunroof anyway) but I need to be completely sure it will fit on before i order one (ex japan). Aside from the inside trim not matching, which doesn't worry me, can anyone see any problems there would be in using the plain roof skin as a replacement? The car was aus delivered in 88, if that makes a difference...
Cheers
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys i fitted my nevo pulley up today... started her up and the belt made a slight slipping noise but not huge. im guessing the SC wasnt spinning as freely as it should have been as there was significalty less vaccum then there normally is and the engine striggled to run. then i noticed *clouds* of smoke pissing out of the engine bay.. cut the engine and found the belt had been slipping something chronic on the nevo smaller diameter tensioner. almost as if the tensioner bearing had seized and was not spinning.. now before i installed it the tensioner spun freely. ive removed it and the bearing feels stuffed. im going to replace the bearing tomorrow any ideas ? the belt was melted something shocking..
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 18:42

ok guys i fitted my nevo pulley up today... started her up and the belt made a slight slipping noise but not huge. im guessing the SC wasnt spinning as freely as it should have been as there was significalty less vaccum then there normally is and the engine striggled to run. then i noticed *clouds* of smoke pissing out of the engine bay.. cut the engine and found the belt had been slipping something chronic on the nevo smaller diameter tensioner. almost as if the tensioner bearing had seized and was not spinning.. now before i installed it the tensioner spun freely. ive removed it and the bearing feels stuffed. im going to replace the bearing tomorrow any ideas ? the belt was melted something shocking..

that must have smelt fantastic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loreak the only thing I would be concerned with is the fact that hard tops have a strengthing bar running downt he centre of the roof, while the sunroof has the bar to either edge, but then gains it strenght in the ribbing around the sunroof. but maybe doable.

having actually fixed one of the cars already, I don't know if it would be worth it, but if your keen, give it a shot Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on a side note I finally finished swapping the suspension from my red 2, all the swaybars are now on the blue 2, and OMG what a differance they make, also had my first experience yesterday of driving with the roofs off, I don't think anything is cooler than that Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 19:33

on a side note I finally finished swapping the suspension from my red 2, all the swaybars are now on the blue 2, and OMG what a differance they make, also had my first experience yesterday of driving with the roofs off, I don't think anything is cooler than that Very Happy

drivng a 2 tone is cooler Laughing Laughing

Razz
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wingless is cooler Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't start this shit Laughing Laughing Laughing

I didn't think of it in those terms, I am just blown away by it Very Happy
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 18:42

did u put enough washers behind the tensioner pulley to clear the bracket? i only used one washer and the pulley just missed the brakcet.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm im guessing thats what it is... grrr. how many washers did you require ?

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 10:01]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thought i might post up some pics of my freshly crinkle painted inlet manifold and t-vis spacer with t-vis removed.

all thats left to do now is to make an alluminum plate to cover the egr hole and plug up the t-vis holes in the spacer.

let us know what you think

cheers

http://img56.echo.cx/img56/5269/img11474rg.th.jpg

http://img56.echo.cx/img56/5551/img11433ll.th.jpg

http://img56.echo.cx/img56/5841/img11423cj.th.jpg

edit: also need to block off those vaccume lines aswell

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 10:51]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will the inlet manifold be PHAT enough for the 350 rwkw that you are planning? Very Happy Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 11:53]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 21:52

will the inlet manifold be PHAT enough for the 350 rwkw that you are planning? Very Happy Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Wink

nope Laughing Laughing

good for what i have got atm Wink
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 20:00

hmm im guessing thats what it is... grrr. how many washers did you require ?

from memories nevo kit came with 2 washers and i used only one
and it was so close i couldnt even see the space between the pulley and bracket, but it spun on the bracket so its ok
NT scrub
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is great, so much reading to do in the next couple of days. Does anyone own an aw11 in the NT apart from me?

NT open speeds are great, sit on 200 going out bush haha not too good if you crash though - no chance of surviving.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NT scrub wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 23:50

this is great, so much reading to do in the next couple of days. Does anyone own an aw11 in the NT apart from me?

NT open speeds are great, sit on 200 going out bush haha not too good if you crash though - no chance of surviving.

gday welcome to toymods and this thread...

from memory i think there may b some1 living in the top end with an aw11 in any case feral4mr2 is the person to talk to as he used to live in the nt
NT scrub
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a white 88 s/c and hear there is another green one and possibly white.

can someone tell me what difference the 175mm? nevo pulley makes for driveability. Is it worth the money for a poor uni student?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its probably the cheapest way to increase your power i think its worth 500 buks or so...

the difference in torque is huge and the intake noise is something else alltogether. i have driven a few s/c aw11's with oversized pulleys and the driverbility suffers a bit b/c when you lift off the throttle it jerks arround a bit which i find annoying apart from that they are fine
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NT scrub wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 00:07

can someone tell me what difference the 175mm? nevo pulley makes for driveability. Is it worth the money for a poor uni student?

We'll soon find out Very Happy (if he gets the car going again that is)
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drive a topless two tone wingless sc Very Happy

I win Razz

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t.kowalik/AW11_SC_87.jpg
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 26 June 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 09:50

I drive a topless two tone wingless sc Very Happy

I win Razz

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t.kowalik/AW11_SC_87.jpg

yeah but you have ugly wheels Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha yeah Sad

If I could work out how to get the centre caps off id stick some teardrops back on it for the time being...
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What happens if you get a flat ??? Laughing Laughing

Seroiusly i think you need a special (big) spanner) saw something like this on ebay not that long ago
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 13:52

Seroiusly i think you need a special (big) spanner) saw something like this on ebay not that long ago

Edit after looking at the wheels again i am pretty sure thats what it is, they just screw off.

also that was a good pick up on the targa / two tone / bootless thing.....very good.

And i really dont think the wheels are that bad, would you like my BLING wheels ???

For that matter is anyone interested ? They are good wheels but i think i am over the chrome thing, however they are very easy to clean tho. They are 16 x 7 with a 36mm offset currently 215 45 and 225 45 (ready for burning !!!!) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 13:59

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 13:52

Edit after looking at the wheels again i am pretty sure thats what it is, they just screw off.

also that was a good pick up on the targa / two tone / bootless thing.....very good.

And i really dont think the wheels are that bad, would you like my BLING wheels ???

For that matter is anyone interested ? They are good wheels but i think i am over the chrome thing, however they are very easy to clean tho. They are 16 x 7 with a 36mm offset currently 215 45 and 225 45 (ready for burning !!!!) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

why not sand them back and spray them white or even black would look quite nice i thinks
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No sorry, the chrome bling thing is too much for me Razz

I have considered painting them but they are reasonably thrashed and I would really need to remove them to paint them properly.

Would really like some WORK Emotion CR wheels for it.

I will be putting the spoiler back on (well ill be putting the boot and spoiler from the other car on it) but I have to strip them back and repaint them as they are a little scratched from sliding upside down...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 14:32

No sorry, the chrome bling thing is too much for me Razz

I have considered painting them but they are reasonably thrashed and I would really need to remove them to paint them properly.

Would really like some WORK Emotion CR wheels for it.

I will be putting the spoiler back on (well ill be putting the boot and spoiler from the other car on it) but I have to strip them back and repaint them as they are a little scratched from sliding upside down...

sorry i was talking to scott but you could allways buy the wheels from scott paint them burn them up and film it for all of us to watch Laughing Laughing Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hey Martin, you still want that ash tray?

Anyone else who wants anything from my car tell me cause im getting it towed away very soon.

Someone wanted the door hinges? Cant remember who though? They are here anyway.

All thats left body wise is the doors, na engine cover, boot lid (no wing) wheels, suspension, rear bumper.

To see whats left just go to my thread in my sig.
Pages (84): [ «  <  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:35:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016649961471558 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.