Toymods » The Outhouse » Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 13:29 Go to next message
Just got back from the opening night screening with some friends... the place was pretty packed.

Where should I start?;

Overall I think, the movie exceeded my expectations it was a lot better than I thought itd be. The Actors were perfect! The style in which the movie is shot is very likeable and unique with some aspects holding true to the anime and others more 'cutting edge and out there stylistically'. Then probably the most controversial part of it.. the story and the screenplay. Its just basically 'loosely based' on the anime story. And same goes for the characters (some aspects are added etc).

Basically the movie goes to the end of 2nd stage. So it trys to cram all that story into a small time slot and in the end.. it comes out pretty well for someone who hasnt followed the anime.. but for anime fans it kinda feels you wanting more and questioning certain parts of it..

The worst part of the movie for me, was the fact that Bunta is a drunk. It actually was really funny and entertaining to watch. And in the end.. possibly even works better (realistically) than the anime Bunta. But ofcourse it just changes 'the ultimate cool' character into something less so. But you still end up loving him in the end. (so well acted)

Itsuki is hell funny, and you'll find yourself laughing throughout the movie in general!! The Itsuki "Buy me a GTR" bit was hilarious.

Takumi, was Takumi.. spot on. The story between him and Natsuki is in there and its also very believeable and not cheesy at all (which is a big achievement if you think about it) Very Very well done.

Nakazato and Ryousuke were also very good. Ryousuke wasnt as in-depth as I would have liked but it scratches the surface of the brilliance of the character and in the end even though the actor doesnt resemble or remind you of him you kinda just get a 'hint' that its working.

Sudou & Seiji... different but again you got the 'feel' of the characters.. on the surface.

IMPORTANT BITS NOT IN THERE:

-Keisuke & his FD
-Iketani!!!
-Shingo & his EG
-Mako & her Sil80
-Wataru & his Levin

just to name a few things. I could go on and talk about how warped the story is.. but thatd spoil it and make you all think its not worth seeing. But even though its not the Initial D we know IT IS a cool movie and Ill be seeing it a second time... the slow motion 'love shots' of the hachi and scenery is just perfect... really translates the 'sentimental love' that real hachi owners have for our cars.

Go see it.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2005 13:32]

Send a private message to this user    
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no keisuke and his fd? WTF. thats like a HUGE part of the whole initial d series!

is the whole movie in chinese? or does it at least have subtitles?
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hk and not cheesy? i'll believe it when i see it Razz
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh word about the Keisuke comment.. you'll find yourself saying that alot as I said.. its completely mixed up ie. 'loosely based' on the story as far as the races go.

And not cheesy at all. Apart from one line right at the end of the last race. It was tops Wink

The movie is SUBTITLED!

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2005 13:41]

xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From a fellow ae86 I'll believe you and actually watch this. Argghhhh

I'm going to be embarassed.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I have a list of confirmed locations it is showing in Sydney? Have to plan a trip from Newcastle just to see it.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i too watched it and was kinda upset. It wasnt too bad but it was a whole lot different to the cartoon series. I'll start off with the negs:

Negatives:I dont like how itsuki played itsuki and iketani that was pretty effed although itsuki was pretty funny.
The emperors looked like the biggest dickheads and what happens to them is bullshit.
How Rysuke playes Keisuke's role as well as his and no FD
Takumi in the movie doesnt match up to what he shold be
They made Bunta look like shit, when they could've put more thought into his actor
They used different characters to different scenes in the cartoon
Instead of a black top 20v its a silver top

Positives: Driving scenes arent bad. At least its more realistic.
Itsuki is a bit of a laugh
It ended ok, theres defnitly goin to be number 2
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Hachi cruise to see the new initial D movie would be hilarious.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 23 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watch it yesterday, way better than 2fast2gay without the rice Wink hardly any CGI , i dont know what were all the complaining about, although i have never seen the cartoon.

But i heard they had to fast forward the storyline, so the sileighty and other macth's were cut.

Still loved it, very refreshing indeed

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 00:03]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Fri, 24 June 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 05:29

Negatives:
They used different characters to different scenes in the cartoon
Instead of a black top 20v its a silver top

It always was a silvertop man, an ae101 engine tuned for Forumla Atlantic.....
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Fri, 24 June 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was not a bad effect at turning a series into a movie. They definitely can't fit all the cars and characters.

The comedy was good. Jay Chou should stick to singing. Thankgod there was minimal cg use; as when it was used, it was shocking.

You'd have to obviously not look at it as being 100% to the manga or cartoon even, though it is quite close. Obviously sad to see a few characters missing, but it worked out. It could've been too many characters if they were all included in.

Thought they could've emphasised more on Ryosuke. He didn't quite put out the image as he does in the manga/cartoon.

It was quite entertaining.

7/10 from me.

ps. it did have it's few corny moments, but definitely not enough to spoil the movie.
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Fri, 24 June 2005 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got back from the city, didnt even know the movie existed until my friends called me out. i was expecting it to be shit, instead i found myself sucked into it from beginning till the end. very good movie, but man... chinese, WHAT THE FUQ?
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its out now??!!! im guessing only at the smaller/arthouse cinema's right? it should be here in adelaide somewhere
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 11:28

its out now??!!! im guessing only at the smaller/arthouse cinema's right? it should be here in adelaide somewhere

Dont know about in adelaide but selected reading cinemas around the country are showing it.
http://www.readingcinemas.com.au
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is it showing in sydney???
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is one in adelaide at westlakes, but i just looked at the session times and initial d isnt showing! Mad
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no need to worry, i'll just download it and u guyz can get it off me. the internet is an infinite world of information and MOVIES!!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 03:07

chinese, WHAT THE FUQ?

? Confused
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it looks like a low budget movie. for one it looks like they couldnt afford to have more ppl wathcing the race at mt akina, afford a levin for itsuki, no budget to risk crashing an 86 when its suppose to spin out, design decent akina speedstar stickers Mad Mad

and also the movie is not realistic. for one they show u how they enter a corner using weight shift or something to get the car to drift. on the outside u can clearly see that its a handbrake drift.

also at theres a scene where takumi was driving on mt akina, he downshifted b4 a corner but when the camera angle changed they showed his left hand on the steering wheel. how can he downshift when his left hand is on steering wheel while his head was resting on his right hand (takumi fav. sleepy posture)

since when did mt akina or any touge have lights ON THE ROAD and WALLS??

i think it was pretty crap with loose story line if u dont watch the anime. But definately a good laugh
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah leigh and i had to come down for drive so 2day we took the train into the city and watched it the was no line at 1.15pm but when we come out the was a line out the fucking door plus i think we were the only aussies there . as arlready stated the missing people is a big bummer but i reckon they still pulled it off. just hope its not just a one off movie. and team emperor were funny.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sat, 25 June 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben, you are way too negative... Was a really great movie from my point of view. Considering their budget etc, they did a fantastic job of creating it and I can't wait for a sequel Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sun, 26 June 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think ill wait for it to come out on video
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sun, 26 June 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some ppl are forgeting that it is a movie, and its not going to be 100% relistic..

overall a good movie
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sun, 26 June 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i guess the producers have to cut through the chase by cutting out events and taking out a fair bit of characters based from anime and manga.. (prolly time/budget restrictions i guess, or not to lag the entire movie or avoiding similarity)

the film itself is based loosely from the original, so different enuff to make the Initial D loyalists react with a WTF!! or "hey thats something new!!" though the film is good, despite the hongkyness factor, mind you this first time i see a film where japs speaking chinese in the land of rising sun.. so yeah its something new.

good film, much like a live-action "what if... episode".. so expect something different/new and it packs a bit of laughs too..

3.5 stars out of 5
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sun, 26 June 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just watched it.
wasnt that good.

Ryosuke was too much of a nice guy..
I mean, WTF.. He was all chummy with the night kids??
Isn't he meant to be a cold arrogant mysterious dude?

Natsuki copped it woohoo!..
let the bitch burn...

itsuki was funny I thought....

The cars themselves were alright.
Though most of them seemed stock.
Especially the FC, I mean, what's with the top mount intercooler???
Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sun, 26 June 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who wants the link to download it? Canto dub...jap subbed...rmvb format (400mb)?
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sun, 26 June 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 03:07

chinese, WHAT THE FUQ?

whats up with that statement Verbatim210? The movie was made by Hong Kong cinema and yes its weird to have a Japanese Anime Serial made into film in Cantonese but whats the problem with that? Rolling Eyes
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just didnt seem right, if i didnt
know ne better... i'd say their
voices were dubbed?
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI:
my gf's friend was just in HK recently, looks like the movie is already on dvd.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/joyride/123.jpg
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its on dvd, you can DOWNLOAD IT!
Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 13:49

you can DOWNLOAD IT!

yep u can... Very Happy
Kodoku wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 00:51

Who wants the link to download it? Canto dub...jap subbed...rmvb format (470mb)
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where!!! where!! where!!!! Smile
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, its actually a movie poster, my bad.

edit: to make up for my mistake, heres a billboard of the movie in HK (2 weeks ago)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/joyride/115.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 05:47]

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://bigfoot1942.weedns.com:6969/torrents/881581 0c6074d234831c9ae1ac998e7d7d7a86f9.torrent

malaysian/cantonese subtitles though

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...and by the way

u need "Real player Alternative" as it has the codecs:

http://www.free-codecs.com/Real_Alternative_downlo ad.htm

on_b00st
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it's a real life version of Initial D...I'm slow Razz
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 27 June 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So as closet ID fan I went and saw the movie last night.

Reading Cinemas in Sydney, 9:15pm on a Sunday, I thought it would be quiet Rolling Eyes

Anyway lines so big that they went out the door and down to the elevators, later so many people turned up that it was a fire hazard blocking exits so they had to make 2 lines Laughing

Anyway as we went in it turned out that there were so many people they had to show it in 2 cinemas at once.

A damn popular movie(Hoyts take note!)

Anyway onto the movie, I thought it was pretty good, I mean yea it's a little cheesy, but the driving was OK, cars were tidy and the characters were all pretty funny. Locateions were amazing though, those roads would kick some serious ass!

Subs were easy to read and went along with the movie well. I enjoyed it for what it was, not the best movie I've seen, but I'd certainly see it again.

Carpark after the movie was funny Very Happy

All the torrents I've seen on the net don't have any English subs yet, just like ep 15 & 16 Mad
Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 30 June 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went to see the movie... only liked the song towards the end... so sad... however, there was some funny points, especially if you can understand cantonese
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Thu, 30 June 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was unreal! Like everyone said not based exactly on the events in the anime. But yeah really enjoyed it. Main complaints were wish they stayed with the original anime soundtracks.

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Fri, 01 July 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw it
loved it
am going to see it again!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Fri, 01 July 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 11:22

I thought it was unreal! Like everyone said not based exactly on the events in the anime. But yeah really enjoyed it. Main complaints were wish they stayed with the original anime soundtracks.

Yeh this was a BIG point NO NO as far as I was concearned. Movies are all about atmosphere.. and the Jap/Eurobeat is a PART of Initial D. Having HK Rap was just wrong.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Fri, 01 July 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 20:14

TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 11:22

Yeh this was a BIG point NO NO as far as I was concearned. Movies are all about atmosphere.. and the Jap/Eurobeat is a PART of Initial D. Having HK Rap was just wrong.

but accessable just the same!
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Sun, 03 July 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not fair!!!! I didnt get to see it! Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I went to Market City to see it with my friends, we got there just after 8:30pm for the 9:15 session because we had been warned that it would be packed. We tried to book tickets over the phone but you cant. We waited in line for about 15mins then the people in front of us bought 8 tickets which just happened to be THE LAST TICKETS!!!! They sold out half an hour before the show started Shocked

We had to go see Batman Begins instead Confused which was way better than I expected it to be by the way.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw it... wouldn't say loved it! Liked it would be more appropriate

It would've been better if it was JAPANESE!

And on the HK rap... agreed! The eurobeat stuff is what initial d is all about

Dan

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 05:14]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one word: BORING
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder if they will have the gt4 scene in the sequell where he resque's is princess, theres no snow in HK, but if they leave this out the movie wont have much of a story.
Probably the mr2 race, the bit that he races the civic rally driver, then gets beaten by Bunta in the Subaru and untill now Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 05:54]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 05:52]

Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Source www.sinchew-i.com
Translator How Yee (myjaysian)
Credits Thanks to 星洲互
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

'Initial D' hit the box office withflying colours throughout Asian countries, Jay suddenly becomes boss, Lin Jian Yue's favourite so Jay will be included in 'Initial D II'. But Jordan Chan who criticized on the director made him and Edison Chan excluded thier part in 'Initiald D II'.

'Initial D' box office had reaches over 6 million, the casts had a celebration party in HK on Monday. Rumours saying that Edison absent on the celebration party because of Jay. While Jordan Chan who mentioned director with the cigar is an ego person and he can't communicate with him and made him lack of interest to act in the movie. Jordan Chan absent on the celebration party too and director Alan Mak said that ' Initial D II ' will excluded Jordan Chan. It is obvious that director had black listed him.

The part II of the movie will named as ' Initial D- Alps mountain racing arena' , the story line will changed from Japan to Europe ice racing arena.

Credits to starizblue
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHos Jordan Chan? I mean who did he play?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 06:28]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 15:55

WHos Jordan Chan? I mean who did he play?

the guy in evo 3 black
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If u r into HK cinema, alot of the names r known/popular. They ddint just pick people randomly.
Jordan Chan has been around for a while, prolly most known as the triad Chicken in the Young and Dangerous series.
His character creation was great I think, even though it was different to the anime character...abit more of a "cool" arrogance, then an aggressive one.

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW.... alot I have talked to tihnk the NightKids black and yellow racesuits were crap.
I thought they were hella kool???
Opinions?
mini77
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Mon, 18 July 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw this in melbourne at the chinatown cinema, and i really enjoyed it..

i was at first dissapointed that they had replaced keisuke with nakazato, and left out iketani

but the same parts were there so i just became used to the fact that it wasnt going to fit everything from two seasons into one movie..

i really really missed the original soundtrack.. for me the soundtrack is a huge part of initial d..

i loved the bunta character, he became more believeable, and i thought the story made more sense that way.

i didnt like how itsuki's hachi go turned into a hachi roku identical to takumi's, kinda made tak's seem less special.

and i would have liked to hear the dialogue in japanese, as when they say hachi roku, it actually sounds like hachi roku amongst many other words like takumi instead of takhoi

the real car drifts were really excellent, precision drifting.. i did notice the handbrake drifts tho.

the locations were simply amazing.. they perfectly recreated the locations from the series, and that is a fantastic feat..

overall it seems like they tried really hard to do justice to the series, and they have succeeded.

i give it a 9/10

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Tue, 19 July 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kodoku wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 16:18

Source www.sinchew-i.com
Translator How Yee (myjaysian)
Credits Thanks to 星洲互
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

'Initial D' hit the box office withflying colours throughout Asian countries, Jay suddenly becomes boss, Lin Jian Yue's favourite so Jay will be included in 'Initial D II'. But Jordan Chan who criticized on the director made him and Edison Chan excluded thier part in 'Initiald D II'.

'Initial D' box office had reaches over 6 million, the casts had a celebration party in HK on Monday. Rumours saying that Edison absent on the celebration party because of Jay. While Jordan Chan who mentioned director with the cigar is an ego person and he can't communicate with him and made him lack of interest to act in the movie. Jordan Chan absent on the celebration party too and director Alan Mak said that ' Initial D II ' will excluded Jordan Chan. It is obvious that director had black listed him.

The part II of the movie will named as ' Initial D- Alps mountain racing arena' , the story line will changed from Japan to Europe ice racing arena.

Credits to starizblue

thats a crap of bull. i think jay chou makes takumi look like a retard. if they wanna change the cast they should get rid of the takumi actor. and maybe get a hotter slimmer chiq for takumi
mini77
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Tue, 19 July 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

thats a crap of bull. i think jay chou makes takumi look like a retard. if they wanna change the cast they should get rid of the takumi actor. and maybe get a hotter slimmer chiq for takumi

well takumi is not a very likeable character in the series anyway..
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D The Movie *NO SPOILERS* thoughts / comments Tue, 19 July 2005 05:31 Go to previous message
Well Takumi is basically a braindead human being in the series.. And well Jay Chou doesnt look too far from it either haha. Suiting I think. Didnt even have enough brain power to think for himself and stand up for his artistic values and was a good lil boy and did exactly what the director said... opposite to what Jordan obviously did.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Formula 1 car in Gran Turismo 4
Next Topic:Rex bracket ethical dilemmaness
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:57:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090150833129883 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.