Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Haltec vs others computers (1) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Haltec vs others computers Tue, 21 June 2005 14:25 Go to next message
how does the haltec e6x for example comapre to piggybacks like the greddy emanage.

im after something for my st165 and dont know where to turn, it will be 2500$! to get a haltec installed and tuned.

is an emanage system anygood for performance?

what would you recomend for computers if cost is beeing taken into account?
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Tue, 21 June 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the power fc available for the st165 3sgte if it is might be worth a look
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Tue, 21 June 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 00:25

what would you recomend for computers if cost is beeing taken into account?

If you're after performance, you'll have to pay for it. If you want cost effective, then I got no idea. Stick with the stock computer first? and work other bits till you can afford a proper comp and tune?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Tue, 21 June 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats done to your car?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Haltec vs others computers Tue, 21 June 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 00:27

is the power fc available for the st165 3sgte if it is might be worth a look

only for gen3 3sgte as far as I know
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Haltec vs others computers Wed, 22 June 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would recommend you to get a Haltech if you can afford it as I have seen to many people put cheaper piggyback ECU's in there cars only to find later down the track when more mods and power are wanted the piggyback ECU's are not good enough and then have to upgrade to the more expensive standalone ECU .

Trevor
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Haltec vs others computers Thu, 23 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love my Haltech, i think its a wonderful computer for the price. Admittedly i want an M4 Clubman, but hey, we cant have everything can we?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Thu, 23 June 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think... ems , and wolf3d etc are good choices... haltech is good but that little bit more expensive... your looking at about 2200 supplied fitted and tuned for ems , i think roughly the same for wolf3d.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Thu, 23 June 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the ems are good value for money
GTZLevin
Regular

January 2005
Re: Haltec vs others computers Fri, 24 June 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about microtech's???/

ive heard good things bout the LTX8s and other similar models.. good idle and smooth fuel mapping...

not to mention big HP numbers..
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Fri, 24 June 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
microtech are great, espically the new 32bit ecu, starting at $1595 supplied, fitted plus dyno hire for a LT8s they are great value for money!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Fri, 24 June 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer there a bit heavy on the fuel from what ive seen.. still a good ecu
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Sat, 25 June 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they are heavey on the fuel why does my starlet get 430km to 33L around town and 500+ on the freeway??
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Sat, 25 June 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard that the microtechs cause bad earths.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Haltec vs others computers Sat, 25 June 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
although its prob only worth getting a haltec or other good sorta computer if u have a rebuilt engine. in my case anyways, as i have a gen1 3sgte.

ill only be able to run 12-13psi on a good tune with a haltec and would need a few other decent mods to make that a safe level of operation.

what powerfigures are attainable from a gen1 3sgte without a rebuild on haltec management and whatever other mods? i know this is a how long is a piece of string, but give it a shot.

what has been done by other members?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Sat, 25 June 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
microtech also have problems with overheating ignitors. The only reason Dale ( 10sec RX7 ) is promoting them is because he sells and installs them... albeit as an inbetween via a dealer... be very carefull who you talk to about ECU's, do lots of research, take everything people say with a grain of salt and make sure whatever ECU you choose is going to adequately do the job your asking it to do and is upgradable easily and cheaply for any future project you might have.

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Sat, 25 June 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 07:16

microtech also have problems with overheating ignitors.

now they are external ignitor box
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 07:16

microtech also have problems with overheating ignitors. The only reason Dale ( 10sec RX7 ) is promoting them is because he sells and installs them... albeit as an inbetween via a dealer... be very carefull who you talk to about ECU's, do lots of research, take everything people say with a grain of salt and make sure whatever ECU you choose is going to adequately do the job your asking it to do and is upgradable easily and cheaply for any future project you might have.

i think you should get your facts straight before you start saying things about me... you have no idea where i get my ecu's from or what ecu's i use and tune etc...

the only time igniters ever over heated was when the people installing them did it wrong or the wrong coil was used.... they have moved to external boxes as they now only have to make 1 PCB for each model ecu instead of 2, and they can run the IGBT software in the external box which allows a lot greater spark.

not once did i "promote" anything in this thread, i was just answering the "they use lots of fuel" statments which is the usuall shit that people pull out in a ecu "discussion"

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would imagine that any aftermarket ecu causing bad fuel economy would be a result of the tune rather than the ecu itself.
ive got a haltech E6A (OLD model) on my car, when i had a gze i was getting great fuel economy and now that its turbo i still get good fuel economy.
i get my ecu tuned by adam at Just Engine Management. he raves about haltechs, but hes prob biased cause he used to work for haltech. ive heard people rubbish microtechs, but my missus has an ANCIENT one on her 4age (ta22) and its sweet as. and if its good enough for the PAC boys im sure they are ok.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10sec_rx7 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 14:20

not once did i "promote" anything in this thread, i was just answering the "they use lots of fuel" statments which is the usuall shit that people pull out in a ecu "discussion"

your probably right about the other things but you did say this

10sec_rx7 wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 11:50

microtech are great, espically the new 32bit ecu, starting at $1595 supplied, fitted plus dyno hire for a LT8s they are great value for money!

sounds like promoting to me

edit: maybee you should get your facts straight b4 you lay into others just a thought Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 04:54]

MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously, grab the best one you can afford-you get what you pay for.

The biggest difference between ECUs is their ability to provide all-round driveability, cold start, various correction maps/tables etc. Even the cheapest ECUs can give the the same outright power numbers as the top-shelf ones, it's the other abilities that set the more expensive stuff apart.

As for economy, it's mostly down to the Tuner.

Don't skimp on the ECU-you'll be glad further down the track.

I've used Haltech and Autronic and found both excellent (Autronic, in my opinion, is the pick of the two-but a few more dollars)

Take it easy mate

Sean
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMHO, you can't go wrong with Haltech, Autronic, Motec.

The others will be fine, just not as good for all the reasons stated. Buy the best standalone your budget allows.

Don't waste your time/money with piggy back style ECUs.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 14:53

edit: maybee you should get your facts straight b4 you lay into others just a thought Wink

i didnt say come and see me ill sort you out bla bla bla other people were ratteling off prices so i did, if i had has said "microtech are the best the rest suck, come see me i can sort you out a sic deal etc etc" then that would be promoting... i was just answering peoples questions...

the thing that shits me is Irally has no idea where i get my ecus from or anything like that, im not a "middle man" and i dont buy off a "dealer" like he thinks i do, its people making asumptions like this that wreak peoples business and reputations.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10sec_rx7 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 15:16

4agte wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 14:53

i didnt say come and see me ill sort you out bla bla bla other people were ratteling off prices so i did, if i had has said "microtech are the best the rest suck, come see me i can sort you out a sic deal etc etc" then that would be promoting... i was just answering peoples questions...

the thing that shits me is Irally has no idea where i get my ecus from or anything like that, im not a "middle man" and i dont buy off a "dealer" like he thinks i do, its people making asumptions like this that wreak peoples business and reputations.

Your dribbling shit is giving your business a bad reputation.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 05:19]

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what ever,

i knew there was a reason i didnt get on toymods much...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm just saying your arguing on here is doing more bad than good for your reputation! You would be best off removing all your posts in this thread and ignoring everything.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10sec_rx7 i was just pointing out that you were clearly plugging microtech whether you meant to or not so maybee your response to irally could have been a little tamer instead of lashing out at him

ivandr
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would go for EMS computer personally cause its relativly cheap and if you have problems, you can call them up and chances are you will talk to Paul(i think) who actually makes the computer...and knows everything about them.

As for the expensive stuff, there is a whole heap of them out there... and i think your decision will be based on a budget.

Dale, i dont think it matters where you get it from, but that you install these ECU's for a living which gives you a biased opinion on them.
10secRX7

Mate, you sound like a Danoz ad on TV Razz Wink

Ivan
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i think you should get your facts straight before you start saying things about me... you have no idea where i get my ecu's from or what ecu's i use and tune etc...

Actually Dale I know more about that than you realise, you keep forgetting the tuning community is very small, people talk, and for someone thats basically a help desk boy you sure pretend to know a lot more than you do about ecu tuning

Quote:

the only time igniters ever over heated was when the people installing them did it wrong or the wrong coil was used.... they have moved to external boxes as they now only have to make 1 PCB for each model ecu instead of 2, and they can run the IGBT software in the external box which allows a lot greater spark.

Interesting, so are you saying that your install on a certain GZE which you still havent been able to tune properly despite putting in a brand new unit is your fault then?, I could have fried an egg on the casing when i last saw it, not only did you mount it directly above an exhaust run on the floor but the wiring in the bay was something to be seen.

yes you are right, internal ignitors caused problems, a well known but never admitted fact by microtech and some other companys. But even a poorly earthed external can cause issues, and thats accross all models

Quote:

no you never "promote" yourself or your product, thats plain to see by the amount of times you suddenly pop up whenever a " im looking for an ECU" thread pops up... oh please do you really think that the regular users of this forum are that naive?!

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know which car your talking about with the gze, when someone brings you a hacked up loom second hand ecu (off a sigma turbo not a gze or any 4age for that matter!! ) what are you suppose to do?? they dont want to pay for a new loom so you have to work with what you have, there were other problems in the factory wiring in that car that needed more attention.. the new ecu was fitted to the same loom for the same reason to save money, and i didnt tune it when that ecu was put in someone else did.. i havent had the car back on the dyno since the first tune, so for someone that knows so much about me you really dont know that much after all or you would have known that i didnt tune it after the second ecu went in it, ask the 20 odd other poeple off toymods who i have installed and tuned ecu's if they have any problems...

i have never had anyone complain about a tune i have done on there car to me if they have a problem with it i tell them to call me up and i will fix the problem. never lost a engine due to tune either which is more that can be said about other peoples tunes.

as for my work i do during the day that is none of yours or anyones business, it takes a lot of money to buy a dyno and open a shop full time if i had the money i would do it, but at this point in time i have a 2wd or 4wd dyno that i can use any time of the day or night to tune on so why would i spend the $100k required to get one when i would rather spend the money building my race car.

if someone askes for a ecu everyone that sells them is going to get on here and tell them what they can supply them and at what price..

i actually had discussions with the toymods admin to sponsor the forum but when i asked for the daily usage stats i never recieved a reply back, makes it a little hard to promote the products and "do the right" thing when they dont reply, it did leave a bitter taste in my mouth as they were the ones that contacted me about it.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a microtech in mine. While I can't speak for the new microtechs, I can say that given it all over again I'd get something a bit more upmarket. they are severely limited in the sort of cold start idler they can control, and with only 1 aux output, you can't run your cold start idler and a thermo fan. the thermo fans are also pre-set on/off temps, so it will always switch off 3 degrees below your on temp (which is not ideal).

That said, it does not run rich (the factory 1jz microtech tune was rich, but who is ever gong to use that, really? Smile) - it's fantastic once it's up to operating temp, and piss easy to install. (DIY if you're reasonably electrically competant)
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LT10s has 3 outputs and 2 inputs, they can only run 2 or 3 wire idle motors which is 90% of toyotas, cant run the 6 wire on a 4L v8 for example, they dont have the flexability of a motec but at half the cost thats understandable

Dale
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the same with my old haltech e6a, only one aux output which is running my thermo so i couldnt add the haltech boost controler. i know you can get a switch to run the thermo but i dont like the wire into the hose things, looks shit.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could get a little thermo switch from jaycar and mount it on your radiator,

put 12V on your fan and switch the earth via the thermo switch, easy to hide wires etc and very simple.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thermo switch? what is it like a boss welded to the tank? im currently working on a home made electronic boost controler, ill see how that goes before i invest a few hundred $ in a haltech boost controler.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best bet there is next time you're changing your coolant, tap a temp sensing thermo switch in there. not nearly as dodgey as the "under the coolant hose" types, and you could tap it in at the bottom, where it would be essentially invisible.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wayne at WBD automotive in vic has these in stock, comes with a boss to solder to radiator or you can tap the thread,
his service is next to none!

Dale
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 18:26

I've got a microtech in mine. While I can't speak for the new microtechs, I can say that given it all over again I'd get something a bit more upmarket.

I've got a Microtech in mine, and running NA I can't see any other ecu being any real benefit over what I have.
EDIT: And when you go through the software, it actually does a shitload of stuff that you wont need, but you may want.

they are severely limited in the sort of cold start idler they can control, and with only 1 aux output, you can't run your cold start idler and a thermo fan.

Most Toyota's don't run cold start idler, but if you mean the ISCV (idle speed control valve), then yes, they can't control the 4/6wire steppers of the bigger motors.
But I have a 20V 4AGE ISCV AND a thermo control on mine.
I'm not sure if all can do this or only mine because I am only using 2 of the 4 ignition outputs, and spare 2 ignition outputs control the ISCV (3 wire ISCV).

the thermo fans are also pre-set on/off temps, so it will always switch off 3 degrees below your on temp (which is not ideal).

What do you mean? Mine is about 10degrees, maybe 8.
Comes on about 96 or what ever I set it too, goes off around 86-88ish, which works fine. Rarely ever goes off twice while idling at a set of lights.

it's fantastic once it's up to operating temp, and piss easy to install. (DIY if you're reasonably electrically competant)

It should be fantastic when stone cold too.
Its just hard to tune because you can only do it twice a day and you've got about 5mins to get it perfect.

And yes, piss easy to wire. But do it right, or you'll be on here complaining its crap, and it will all be because of your shitty wiring.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 11:05]

WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent used them personally but adaptronic might be worth looking into.http://www.adaptronic.com.au/
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep it up Dale... Ive got more ammo on you than you have brain cells.

at the end of the day your a part time tuner, with part time experience. That puts you lower than an aprentice in any workshop.

You reputation in the industry is extremely well known, theres no need for me to say any more.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbo doubt abotu it, the bext value for money ECU is the Megasquirt, in one of it's many guises.. MS, MSnS, MSnEDIS, MS2 etc... and probably by the end of the year, UMS...

my car ran perfectly, cold starts, transitions etc all good, closed loop.. and had dead even AFR's on WOT, cruise and part throttle....

not bad for $200 if you have the nouse to make one Wink

only catch is you have to solder and install yourself, but it is forever reprogrammable, everything is open source, and you never have to send it back to a microtech dealer to have it reprogrammed between a rotary and 4cyl Razz

surely if it is good enough for a land speed record holder, and good enough for 4-500hp 5cyl audi turbos, and good enough for turbo hyabusa's etc etc etc etc... it can be good enough for you Wink

but ultimately, if you want someone else to do it, as everyone keep saying, just suck it in and spend an extra grand on a GREAT ecu.. no point saving a few weeks savings and getting a shitty one that will annoy the crap out of you...

i brought my MS to japan in case i bought an old car Razz.. unfortunately i won't be needing it here Sad.. yet Wink

Cya, Stewart

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any of the above named computers will do the job that you need of it. There is plenty of bias here and some won't see it, and they won't learn where their input becomes useless drivel.

Budget - go with your Haltech, Microtech, Wolf, Megasquirt or EMS.

Budget not so tight = Autronic

No budget and I wan't the bells and whistles = Motec.

If you are not the one who tunes it then it won't make a whole lot of difference to you, BUT listen closely to what the person who tunes your car likes. Tuners generally like certain brands for different reasons, so ask them the reasons why they like them. If they say "I like brand X because I make the most margin on them", then they are probably honest (maybe too honest).

Ultimately - you car will make the same outright power and probably be very comparable through the mid range with ANY of the above, so long as it is tuned properly and it has enough tuning resolution for your engine. If it needs follow up tuning, make sure that you tell your tuner what needs to change.

Angus (I think that is his name) put it best at a dyno day when he said "EFI computers are like calculators, at the relevant inputs they produce an answer - injector pulse width and ignition signal. So arguing which is best is like arguing which brand calculator is best."
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went through having to decide which ecu to use but since i know crapall about electronics, i figure it's best to leave it up to the tuners. I eventually decided on an Autronic SM4 based on a few recommendations from different people and the fact that SAS specialise in it (Toymods member discounts don't hurt either Wink )

Yes it is a little pricey but it's something i can afford (barely Sad ) and with the engine being totally rebuilt, i didn't want to skimp out on one of the most important parts of an EFI car.

Just remember you can always re-use the ecu for any other projects you have in the future so i reckon it's good insurance to get the best you can.

Eddie.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Mon, 27 June 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true jason, but some of the bells and whistles the mid-high end ones have (other than pure tuning ability) are very helpful, depending on your car/engine.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Haltec vs others computers Tue, 28 June 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have little knowledge and no experience with Haltech computers, so cant offer much opinion on them.

But i have been weighing up for a long time the ECU that i will eventually use on my 18R-GTE. For a long time i was decided on a microtech LT10S with the X4 ignition box. After reviewing the outputs, and the compatibility of the outputs/inputs with commonly available parts.... i found that i would only just have enough with what i wanted to run on my initial setup - there was no room for expansion.

Then the Autronic SM4 came out. Inputs and outputs everywhere! Almost all of them individually configurable within the software to change their signal type. Heck i dont think i will ever use 75% of them!!

I just wired one into Blacksupra's MZ21 (7MGTE), and still have heaps of outputs/inputs left over, even after wiring in the following:
# 24 tooth crank angle sensor
# single tooth crank reference point
# 3 ignition channels (wasted spark)
# 6 injector channels
# TPS, intake air temp, water temp, other normal sensors
# air con compressor clutch control
# air con thermofan control
# Idle speed control valve
# electronic speedo input (for accurate ISCV control)
**** and maybe some more i've forgotten.

Also, i was surprised with the availablity and LOW COST of compatible parts to enable the above functions!
ISCV - XF falcon, or any two wire PWM controlled jobbie
IGNITOR - nissan darlington array type (RB or SR series engines)
WATER TEMP - cheapie bosch unit
AIR TEMP - as above

the rest of it was all factory toyota stuff off the 7M!!

Anyway - it's like many have said. Pick what suits you, and what your tuner is most comfortable tuning. For me, both of those answers were AUTRONIC.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Haltec vs others computers Tue, 28 June 2005 05:40 Go to previous message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 14:53

Anyway - it's like many have said. Pick what suits you, and what your tuner is most comfortable tuning. For me, both of those answers were AUTRONIC.

Yeah, the answer to that same question for me was Haltech. Especially that i already had maps for it. It runs everything i want.
Really it comes down to a personal choice.

Im currently thinking of going M4 due to an offer which is almost too good to pass up, and a good Motec tuner here in Adelaide who i know.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 prop shaft
Next Topic:T-50 to 3TGTE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 23:10:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084137916564941 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.