Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Thu, 23 June 2005 12:25 Go to next message
I have been searching for a set of Advan A3A rims for a dam long time, and I never tried Yahoo Auctions Japan untill the other day and there are quite a few sets for about 3000 up to 6000 yen for a set of 2.
I would like to get a complete set, but all the ads say they wont ship outside of Japan, so I was just wondering if there is a good company or person anyone recommends dealing with that can purchase 2 sets of the rims from Yahoo Auctions Japan and then ship them over to me?
Thanks heaps for any help.
Cheers!
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Thu, 23 June 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toymods sponsors Importbitz seem to have a pretty good rep there.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Thu, 23 June 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You probably stumbled across this already (hence you want a pair of rims?)
But option1 has a pair for 330. 14x6 with 6+ from what I recall.

I forgot the importer, but there's this importer that's surfacing around that encourages you to deal with yahoo as they cbf finding it for you. Slidewise imports from the top of my head?

edit: shiri said it!

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2005 13:22]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Thu, 23 June 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allow for about $600 average ontop of auction price for rims (for a set of 4)

if it gets hit by customs, then import duties, it gets very expensive

also an average commision is about 10,000

slidewayz imports is the cheapest u'll find for rims, but they are based out of melbourne, not sure about sydney guys
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Fri, 24 June 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slidewize can get stuff delivered to your door, business or whatever. I got my rims though them (well, ordered & paid - they're waiting for a ship) and I thought it was fairly reasonable, price-wise. Zac's really good to deal with too, He'll be able to tell you how much it'll cost (total, inc. tax etc.) to land them on your doorstep.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Fri, 24 June 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for airmail from Aus to japan, 20kg is around $150.
i'm not sure about going the other way tho....

on top of that, postage within japan, 10% (is it now?) duty, 10% GST on the wheels cost+freight+duty.....

so based on this (tho post is prolly more exxy..)
say
$80 rims
$50 post in japan
$150 post
=$280
=$308 with duty
$340 with GST....

so $330 is sounding pretty bloody good really....
farrrrrk.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Fri, 24 June 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found some rims I wanted and contacted Importbitz, and he said he only has an account to buy cars, so unless he's changed since then.

I ordered my wheels through Zac from Sildewize and he's been really helpful so far. Very Happy
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Fri, 24 June 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

lol, try doubling that... if your only paying 150 on a 20kg item sent by air, tell me which company...

it's more like 25000y for 20kg by air and 10250y for 20kg by sea

here is a cost break down of what it costs me to import something as simple as tailights for an 86

Tail lights - 9,360 (final auction price)
bank fee - 500 (flat rate, never changes)
shipping to guy in japan - 1,480 (depends on where it comes from, how heavy it is)
commission - 6,000 (half for me, half for my friend)
shipping to aus - 8,200 (this was sent by air... it weighed 5kg, by sea it cost 4,000)

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Fri, 24 June 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 11:04

I found some rims I wanted and contacted Importbitz, and he said he only has an account to buy cars, so unless he's changed since then.

I ordered my wheels through Zac from Sildewize and he's been really helpful so far. Very Happy

Me too. Same rims, in fact Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Fri, 24 June 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 13:18

Quote:

lol, try doubling that... if your only paying 150 on a 20kg item sent by air, tell me which company...

it's more like 25000y for 20kg by air and 10250y for 20kg by sea

Australia post Smile.. TO japan, not from Wink yet to find a cheap method of posting from here Sad
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Fri, 24 June 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops miss read Very Happy
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Sat, 25 June 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do slidewize have a website? How do you get in contact with them?
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Best company/person to deal with brining in things from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Sat, 25 June 2005 13:01 Go to previous message
Thanks for all the info guys!
Yeah I think I am going to deal with SlideWize, I have been speaking to Zac over e-mail hes been heaps helpfull!
If my head gasket didnt just die I would be getting the rims in a few weeks, but now I have to wait! Sad

Heres the website...
http://www.slidewizeimports.com/index.html
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Since when has Rod been in a band ??
Next Topic:The fat kid from the man show.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:19:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043919086456299 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.