Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrisma70
Regular

November 2004
how to tell if a 7m is farked Wed, 22 June 2005 11:53 Go to next message
how can u tell if it has ablown h/g need help asap goin to look at one tommorow thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Wed, 22 June 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Search "mkIII supra"

All you'll ever need to know...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Wed, 22 June 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search for "cressida" too Wink
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Wed, 22 June 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BHG will hav bubbles in coolant, oil in coolant, white/milky coolant.Radiator will smell of burnt oil, take pressure tester or teekay(TK) tester also.

Basically if u reckon the coolant is sus or smells sus or the oil looks kinda off too(chek down the filler hole) thyen it probably is.From what i hear the 7m's just couldnt hold their heads.

good luck with it
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Wed, 22 June 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone seems to think its something a little different, HPI says that its the toyota genuine gaskets that suck and that's why.

But from what I've read about 7M owners fixing their BHG's is that it seems the heads were never torqued down to the correct setting from factory, and then when the HG blows, if the car is still abused pitting forms on the block and the head.

If the block and the head doesnt get a couple of thou taken off it to smoothen out the surface, and the new head gasket isnt put on and the head torqued down to the right setting, then you'll run into problems again.

The TeeKay test is good though, i believe that tests for hydrocarbons in your radiator.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Thu, 23 June 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As everyone else has already stated, SEARCH!

Symptoms may include:
- Milky residue under oil cap when car is warm
- Rough idle
- White cloud coming out of exhaust when you put your foot down and back off or first starting car
- 'Gurgle' sound coming from dash
- Oil in radiator
- Bubbles in radiator
- Overheating
- Unexplained loss of water ie. cannot find any leaks

You may only ever get one of these symptoms, not all. I noticed the white cloud out the exhaust after i backed off, few seconds later, the temp gauge went up.

My old Soarer used to get the gurgling sound all the time, eventually it had the milky colour in the oil cap etc.

There is ALLOT of info out there, just search!

Enjoy and goodluck!! Very Happy
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Thu, 23 June 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL! What does it mean if I answer yes to all of the above?? Add to that a nasty rod knock and an oil leak from the distributor.

No love for the 7M.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Thu, 23 June 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In mother russia, 7M make YOU blow head gasket
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Thu, 23 June 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like 1JZ's

hint hint Wink
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Thu, 23 June 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm already on the case. Surprised
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Thu, 23 June 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumblezzz wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 18:59

I'm already on the case. Surprised

good boy

*pats pauly on the back*
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Fri, 24 June 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisma70 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 19:53

how can u tell if it has ablown h/g need help asap goin to look at one tommorow thanks

Dead simple - the engine number starts with 7M!
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Fri, 24 June 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn Clint you beat me to it....
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Sat, 25 June 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumblezzz wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 11:19

LOL! What does it mean if I answer yes to all of the above?? Add to that a nasty rod knock and an oil leak from the distributor.

No love for the 7M.

The 7M only rod knocks due to dum ass owners leting the oil level drop below the full mark! as for the dizzy leak how many 100,000 km was on the engine????

CLG wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 12:44

how do you tell a ricer/tofu delivery driver wana be/someone who thinks replacing one old engine with another old engine is a good way of avoiding an engine rebuild/someone who wants a turbo rebuild..

engine number starts with 1JZ Razz

its been covered sooooo many times, ARP studs, smooth head finish, get the head crack/hardness tested (tend to get soft on the exhaust side when people drive them into the ground with no coolent in them)

my ma70 has seen about 50,000km (2 years) on a TOYOTA gasket with arp studs, it has even seen 1.5bar when the wastgate craped out and i drive it HARD

its really pathetic to see otherwise 1/2 respectable members here spouting bullshit just to be on the popular front No No No
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Sat, 25 June 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil 7M! Evil 7M!

YAY! I'M POPULAR! Laughing
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Sun, 26 June 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 17:41

Evil 7M! Evil 7M!

YAY! I'M POPULAR! Laughing

meeeh you play with falcons your just sick Razz
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Sun, 26 June 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 12:24

mumblezzz wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 11:19

No love for the 7M.

The 7M only rod knocks due to dum ass owners leting the oil level drop below the full mark! as for the dizzy leak how many 100,000 km was on the engine????

I'm anal about oil changes and oil level. I think it was the fact that coolant kinda reduces the lubricating properties of oil compounded by the fact its done 275 000 kms thats done it.

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Sun, 26 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 12:44

Bah, I also was going to say that.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how to tell if a 7m is farked Sun, 26 June 2005 11:02 Go to previous message
mumblezzz wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 11:55

I'm anal about oil changes and oil level. I think it was the fact that coolant kinda reduces the lubricating properties of oil compounded by the fact its done 275 000 kms thats done it.

you are anal about oil levels and didnt notice the water in the oil???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:which motor is best for conversion
Next Topic:r33 GTS-t calipers with Z32 rotors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:28:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.057693958282471 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.