Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 25 May 2005 02:50 Go to next message
Hi guys,
We've got another one on!

Got some room for a few people, usual deal, $120 gets your car on the track all day, if you don't have a licence can get a Wakefield Clubsport one, valid for 12months, for $40. Also need a helmet, and neck/ankle/wrist length clothing.

Who's keen?
  Send a private message to this user    
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 25 May 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am semi-keen. Unless anyone here knows where I can get a mudvayne ticket for the (sold out) sydney concert. Ill be down in melbourne on the 24th getting battered and bruised in the mosh Rolling Eyes

Ben
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 25 May 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested.

what is involved with the days format.

ie number of sessions luch breaks etc...etc...

Cheers

Nathan
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 25 May 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a private track day, so we've basically got it to ourselves, from 9am till 4pm (or so). We have a briefing at about 8.30 then we just open the track and run all day.

We limit it to 10 cars on the track at once, and if its full you just queue and go out when someone comes in. If cars are waiting we'll flag cars in after they've done 6-8 laps, but if there's no-one waiting you can run as long as you like, and we run like that all day.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 25 May 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested its just so close to the circuit club one on the 4th of July I think i'm planning on going to.. Hmm which one which one..
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 26 May 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 09:45

I'm interested its just so close to the circuit club one on the 4th of July I think i'm planning on going to.. Hmm which one which one..

Hey Joel,

I think the next Circuit Club day is 5th July.. It's at Eastern Creek though this time, so a chance to try a different (although possibly less forgiving) circuit..
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Fri, 27 May 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow didn't know that!
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Fri, 27 May 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eastern Creek! How keen are you Circuit Club guys on new people coming along?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Fri, 27 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-gt- wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 16:13

Eastern Creek! How keen are you Circuit Club guys on new people coming along?

nb: i THINK i read that somewhere, i could be wrong (believe me, it's happened before!!)
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Fri, 27 May 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you are wrong, i belive the july 5th day is at wakefield Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Fri, 27 May 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheerfully corrected. Sorry for the hijack Smile
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Mon, 30 May 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey garth, doesnt seem that long ago since you guys held the last one! If I have an FC buy then I'd like to be there and stay both nights aswell. Driving home the same day was painfull.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Tue, 31 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gday Tommo, good to hear you're keen again, but what's this about an FC? Getting rid of the series 1, or is it already gone? I might have some interest if it's still around. And speaking of FCs, remember the yellow one from wakefield? Matt's thinking of selling it...

Anyway, yes, we like to run our days as often as possible! As soon as i finish one i'm already looking forward to the next one, and it's well and truly time for it.

We've still got room, and i've claimed a spot for you, but i'd need to know either way before it's full in case someone else can take your spot.

Keep me posted?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Tue, 31 May 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey GT, I'll be there! How do I secure my booking?

Thanks
Joel
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 01 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, i've put you down for a spot. I'll reply to your pm and we'll sort out the money.

Spots are filling fast if anyone else is interested!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 01 June 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a friend who is seriously interested but he hasn't given me the final answer yet.. I'll try and let you know about him today.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 01 June 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Garth, thanks for reserving a spot. What date will you need a definant answer buy?

I've still got the S1. Theres one person interested and Im taking it to his work this weekend so he can put it on a car hoist, compression test, etc. If you know someone interested pm me and I'll send you the link to the add on ausrotary.

If found an S5 but I cant afford it untill I get rid of mine.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 01 June 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I notice the No Speed Limit days are $80, is this one more because its a private day?

I'm keen to go because:
a) I've never done it
b) I need to get some speed out of my system before I lose my licence shortly (due to speeding Razz )

Do you have to have a valid driver's licence to go to Wakefield?
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 02 June 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am intersted... is their any spots left?

can someone please pm with the details!

Cheers Dean
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 02 June 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, there's still room for a couple more cars.

I don't know about the no speed limit days, we just hire out the track and split the cost up amongst a limited number of cars, so maybe we have less cars than they run on those days? = more track time, you rarely have to wait much at all to get out on the track. If your car's running strong it comes down to fuel/pads/tyres that limit your day.

Yes, you need a valid driver's licence to get a Wakefield Clubsport licence, or a CAMS licence. Steve, your licence not going to be valid come the 24th?? Confused

If you guys want to come i'll pm you my bank details and you can transfer the money to confirm your spot?

Tommo, i'm kinda holding a spot for you, and i guess i can do that till we're full, but that's getting pretty close now. I'd need to know soonish (by next week?), basically up until a regular wants to pay their money and there's no room, then they'd get your spot if you still hadn't confimed. It's hard to guess when that will happen?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 02 June 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its worth it people. The last one with this group was my first ever track day and you get more than enough track time.
I was going out for a number of laps and coming in myself either to be fair or because I was getting tired. Once I had recovered I lined up and was pretty much out on the track again straight away.
Everyone was also very responsible and well behaved so at no point did I feel that my car was gonna be wrecked due to a hoon on the track.

Garth - I'll let you know on monday
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Fri, 03 June 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Garth

My friends, the undecisive buggers that they are, have said "Oh I might go, I'd like to go, but..."
So I might have to say "Feck ya, is it a definite yes or no?"

But put me down for one of the spots. PM me the bank details again and I'll transfer the deposit ($40 still?) or the whole amount. Whatever!

Ben

-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Sat, 04 June 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Argh, i thought they were definates so i've got spots for them. Tell them they have to now. Wink

Nah, it cool if they're slack-arses, they're the ones missing out. Let me know definate numbers soon, i'll pm you my bank details again, and it's the full $120, $40 was for the licence? Yours is still valid so its just $120. If your mates come its $120 to me, and $40 on the day if they need a licence.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Sun, 05 June 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for saving a spot untill i found out what i was gonna be doing. I wont be there for this one. hopefully sometime later in the year.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Tue, 07 June 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, we're full!

Those of you that got organised and confirmed i'll see you in a little over two weeks, if you missed out, sorry, but there'll be another one not too far off...

GT
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Tue, 07 June 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damnit why do these things have to be on weekdays Mad I know that Wakefield is cheaper to get out on weekdays though, hmmm might need to delve into the annual leave to come to the next one!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 08 June 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT, what time do you all normally head down on Thursday? Should I be trying to get off work early so can cruise down with you?

Cheers
Joel
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 08 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist, got to do the annual leave, that's what its for! And it's only one day. Wakefield eats into my holidays with 8 or 9 a yr, but what else am i going to do? Go away with my gf??? (Hmmm, anniversary coming up too...)

There is always the odd sickie that balances out the leave Wink

Joel, we don't get off early, i work till 6pm some weeks, so unless you work late you should be fine. We normally leave the northern beaches around 7:30, 8pm, does that give you enough time to get to syd and meet up with us?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 08 June 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that gives me heaps of time. I work in the City, so will just drive to work on the Thursday. Will have to organise a place to meet up that is on the way.

Cheers
Joel
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 09 June 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, do we just pay on the day?
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Fri, 10 June 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm, no. Have a quick re-read of the thread and you'll see we need pre-booking only, and we're already full. Sorry mate.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Sun, 12 June 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got to figure out why I'm not getting email notification of the threads I'm subscribed to Mad Razz

I've got a Wakefield licence now. Did a driver training day with theWRX club on Sat. Was great fun in the wet.
If you happen to get anyone who needs to pull out let me know, I'll take their spot
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Tue, 14 June 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve, if anything opens up i'll let you know, but you're not 1st in line. Sorry mate, but we've had a lot of guys keen. There'll be another one not too far off, i'll let you know.

GT
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Tue, 14 June 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've PM'd you mate, I know I'm probably miles down in the line of "I'm keen", I just happen to be near Goulburn that Friday so it'd be kool if a spot opens up, if not, next time Smile
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 15 June 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist, if you're in the area on friday drop in and say gday by all means, but there won't be any room on the track for you. Sorry to all those who were keen and missed out. I'll let you know when the next one's on.

GT
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 22 June 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woohoo off we go to Wakefield tonight! Damn I wish I had a working heater in the RA28. Going to be freezing down there Crying or Very Sad
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 22 June 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha! Yes, you might be a little chilly. I'll be toasty on the way down, nothing wrong with my heater Very Happy

Of course, you'll be on the track 1st thing, whereas i'll be finishing my brake conversion down there. Well, putting it all on anyway.

It's been a shitty couple of weeks trying to get the car ready; everything that could go wrong has. But i was never going to miss it that's for sure!

You got everything? I've been worrying too much about the big things (susp, brakes...), haven't bothered with a camera. You bringing something?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 22 June 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn u with a working heater Razz I might just get in the sleeping bag and drive down in that haha.

Umm I hope I got everything.. Got a digital still and also digital video camera Smile so should be covered there.

I got a shitty little stop watch as i'd like to try and get lap times. Actually meant to ask, do you guys to lap times or up to yourself to try and capture them?

Haha brake conversions huh.. Well I was planning on putting some new pads on myself but never got around to it so I brought the pads along with me incase I feel inspired to change them during the day down there.

That sux you haven't had much luck last few weeks with the car.. I gotta admit to being slack myself.. Hardly touched it since the last wakefield day.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 22 June 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haven't been slack, just been trying to do too much! Things like the new wheels to fit over the brakes not coming with wheel nuts, then trying to go for an alignment after work yesterday and them closing early despite knowing i was coming... I can't catch a brake, literally. Pads supposed to be in yesterday still not in now. But i refuse to give up!
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Wed, 22 June 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And yeah, there's usually a stopwatch or 2 floating around, and one of these guys has a clipboard and does a bit of timing, but yeah, nothing fancy. I've done a few on the phone for mates, accurate enough.

I had a good laugh about the sleeping bag, then started thinking... sure, it wouldn't be safe, but it's almost do-able... Laughing
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 23 June 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just found out, pads that were supposed to be in 1st thing yesterday, then late, then 1st thing today now won't be in till this arvo. And i've got a split cv boot. After driving my car round yesterday, my mum is once again going out of her way to get my car done and over to me at work, then will go back and get pads and drop them at a mate's place. What a bloody legend!!!

Don't know what i've done to deserve it, she's going to need a day at the spa after 2 days of no power steering i think...
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 23 June 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sux man.. Hate those last minute problems.

Still cool to meet ya over randwick?
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 23 June 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah yeah, that's still fine. Mum's dropping my car to me here at work, i've got hers. See you later on, you've got my mobile if you need it?
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Thu, 23 June 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man its going to be freezing, last monday i was down there it got down to -1 deg

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Sun, 26 June 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it was cold. I got about 30 mins of video and I think one of Bens's mates got some video aswell. Once I figure out how to get it on the computer I'll need someone to host if you guys wanna see?
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 24th of June Mon, 27 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous message
Yeah Tommo, would love to see some video if you can, and yes, it was very cold. Had a lot of fun, even in the wet! Glad it dried out for a while in the middle of the day though.

We wandered over the next morning to check out what was going on, it was a No Speed Limit day. Light drizzle, saturday, and cold, there was only 6-8 cars on the track, one formula vee in the open wheelers, and some angry looking sportscar! Normally there's a line out of the marshalling, out the gate, and down the road, and that's on a weekday. You'd be lucky to get on the track more than once.

Seriously considered putting the car on the track again, but had to get back...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Brisbane/Gold Coast: CELICA SUPER CRUISE 2005 Saturday the 30th of July 2005
Next Topic:Team Ride or Die
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:47:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077300071716309 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.