Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sat, 25 June 2005 14:47 Go to next message
Due to popular demand the Canberra Celica Group (CCG) is holding a 'No Speed Limit Day' at Wakefield Park Goulburn on WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005. All Toyotas or non CCG members are still invited to join in:
Event: Wakefield Park Raceway Open track; No Speed Limit Day!
When: Wednesday, 20 July 2005
Depart Canberra: 8 am from Gateway Shell Servo, Northbourne Avenue.
Where: Wakefield Park Raceway, 4770 Braidwood Rd Goulburn
Cost: $80.00 for the day (paid on the day direct to Wakefield Park)
Food: Cafe will be open all day.
Details: If you do not have a current licence then add on $40 for a Wakefield Clubcomp Licence valid for 12 months. DONT FORGET YOUR HELMET! (Helmet hire is also available for $20 per day with a $50 Deposit tho). Long sleeve shirt, long pants and enclosed shoes & helmet are compulsory. Suggestions included bring REALLY warm clothes as it is always cold at Wakefield. Cameras are a must for the spectators/pit crews. Set of track tyres. a stopwatch to record times and a sobering suggestion is to include a fire extinguisher in the car too!
For more details call Mitch 0408994410 or Phil 0412699144 or
http://www.canberracelica.org/calender/upcoming.ht ml
http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/site/frameset.cfm
Even some great pics from last time the CCG headed out to Wakefield:
http://www.canberracelica.org/gallery/wakefield2.h tml
Cheers
Mitch & Phil

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 21:29]

Send a private message to this user    
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sat, 25 June 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, might have my car competitive by then and actually make it to a track day.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sun, 26 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that August or July??? Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sun, 26 June 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22_3TG wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 00:47

(CCG) is holding a 'No Speed Limit Day' at Wakefield Park Goulburn on WEDNESDAY 20 August 2005. All Toyotas or non CCG members are still invited to join in:
Event: Wakefield Park Raceway Open track; No Speed Limit Day!
When: Wednesday, 20 August 2005
Depart Canberra: 8 am from Gateway Shell Servo, Northbourne

HAHA point, its all conradicting man Laughing Laughing Laughing

hmmmm, now I have some power and heaps of handling to boot Up To Something hehehe
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sun, 26 June 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. 20 JULY 2005
- Just testing you guys...congrats you can now shout me a beer for picking up the correct answer...lucky you guys!
Cheers
Mitch
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 27 June 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hmmmm, now I have some power and heaps of handling to boot

in what??? Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 27 June 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my new car is an AW11 4agze g-limited, and I have transfered all my old suspension gear over to it Very Happy
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 27 June 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just in time for the Track Day!!!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 27 June 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah haha hows that for timing Rolling Eyes umm do you reckon they will let me go around the track with the t-tops off? Laughing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 27 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

umm do you reckon they will let me go around the track with the t-tops off?

Yep! They will probably ask you to stick your head above the roof line whilst driving laps too. I am keen to see this new toy Joel! I am interested to see how it goes around the circuit having never seen an MR2 in action!
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
icon14.gif  Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 27 June 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might start looking into getting the day off. I've never actually driven around wakefield.

I have my car booked in on the 16th to get exhaust and throttle body done, should get an extra 30hp from that. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 23:36]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 28 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 09:23

Quote:

umm do you reckon they will let me go around the track with the t-tops off?

Yep! They will probably ask you to stick your head above the roof line whilst driving laps too. I am keen to see this new toy Joel! I am interested to see how it goes around the circuit having never seen an MR2 in action!

Hey why not, I will have a helmet on Very Happy plus i'll probably be driving miss daisy anyway Laughing

there was an mr2 out at the last track day Razz
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 28 June 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

there was an mr2 out at the last track day

The SW20 NA. I should have been more specific and said:

I would like to see someone giving a supercharged AW11 some stick around the racetrack. I want to see you recover from some driftage Evil or Very Mad
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 28 June 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys,

If anyone who is new to this "track day driving around Wakefield Park" thing and need some tutoring in driving/cornering/braking and general racing lines, I can help.

I have had enough years doing Supersprints and Hill Climbs to be of some benefit.

Three options:

1) I can take you around in my car to show you what it is all about.

2) I can then hop in with you and provide advise if needed.

3) Then if needed and you let me, I drive your car for a couple of laps to show how I would do it.

More than happy to oblige.

Regards

Rodger
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 28 June 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 13:14

I would like to see someone giving a supercharged AW11 some stick around the racetrack. I want to see you recover from some driftage Evil or Very Mad

ok well I should be specific... AW11's don't drift Rolling Eyes verywell Rolling Eyes Laughing
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 28 June 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They mightn't drift, but, They do spear backwards into the kitty litter at Wakefield very nicely though (hint - after about 3 1/2 hard laps on road tires, the rears have melted..)

Last time I ran, I had my helmet poking out the sunroof and nobody said anything.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 28 June 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm thanks for the heads up ben, maybe I'll have to take some spare wheels Rolling Eyes now where to fit them Laughing kidding they fit Rolling Eyes
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 28 June 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah - Just let them cool down again and they will be fine.

I found I'd melt about 1.5mm of tread off my tires each day I went out, if you only go for 3-4 laps at a time, you'll be fine.

Gotta get my car back together so I can come and play..
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Wed, 13 July 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its only 1 wek away now, do we have numbers, know who's coming? etc.

I am keen to head out, dunno if I'll be running yet though depends on funds left next week, if not I'll deffinatly watch. I have had a bad history at this track Rolling Eyes something always goes wrong for me... touch wood... Laughing
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Wed, 13 July 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be attending for the morning with a mate of mine. I've just been told that I'm not getting my car back until at least Tuesday next week Mad, it was due to be fixed on the 7th!!! So I'm hoping against hope it will be ready for the cruise to wakefield. It won't be going on to the track either way this time though.

Should be a good day out!

-Andrew
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Wed, 13 July 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will i have very keen to go to this but in the end the zoom shoot is the day after and i cant take 2 days off work Sad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm encountered a bit of a problem today, I had a sit in my car with a helmet on.... damn I am too tall, I may have to try going around the tracks with the t-tops off Laughing It shouldn't be a problem, open top cars race out there, like elises and stuff so yeah Rolling Eyes

so there really aren't many people going to this day hey?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hmm encountered a bit of a problem today, I had a sit in my car with a helmet on.... damn I am too tall,

Perhaps some of the local lads that hang at Maccas can give you some tips on how to sit uber low, I have seen some of our ethnic friends sitting very low in small cars like Swift Gti's and my head use to touch the roof in our old one!

You just have to recline the seat until you can just barely reach the wheel and shifter, slide your arse forward so you are basically sitting on your lower back and hey presto you now should be sitting with plenty of headroom and just barely able to see over the dash!

My work has decided I can't take the day off either as it conflicts with crap I have to attend (it appears that falling asleep in meetings is more important than my day off Rolling Eyes ) Crying or Very Sad They don't seem to treat you as nice when they find out you are looking to move on Rolling Eyes

Oh well such is working with knobs...........I think they are jealous my car iz h3kt1k

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 06:32]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 16:28

Perhaps some of the local lads that hang at Maccas can give you some tips on how to sit uber low, I have seen some of our ethnic friends sitting very low in small cars like Swift Gti's and my head use to touch the roof in our old one!

You just have to recline the seat until you can just barely reach the wheel and shifter, slide your arse forward so you are basically sitting on your lower back and hey presto you now should be sitting with plenty of headroom and just barely able to see over the dash!

hmmm.... but they cheat, they had rear seat areas they can recline thier seat into, I have a solid firewall behind, which they seat lays up against anyway.... and if I try your other idea on sliding my arse forward to sit on my back, my knees touch the dash and make it a bit uncomfortable Rolling Eyes they are also very short in the first place Laughing (no offence to anybody reading this Smile )
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I caught COPDis (Corolla Owners Pikers Disorder) at the last corolla event, it seems to afflict 9 out of 10 corolla owners and prevents them from attending any car related events Shocked

Sounds like you need a bigger/taller car Joel, some of those new little hatches like the Mazda 2 have high rooves designed for giraffes Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha why don't I just go buy a falcon or commonwhore Laughing

No I fit fine man, just need some adjusting thats all Very Happy
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had the same problem at the drift day Sad had to crouch down in the seat to fit. Neck was fine all day, but kinda scary to think of a rollover Shocked
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always had the same problem in the TE72 also, but now with the added cargo room with the panelvan (it has an extra 50mm extension on the roof!) its a breeze Razz So you see, all you need is an ugly car like mine!

I should be at the track day, as a lousy spectator for the second time in a row Sad I'm so sick of pretending to drive my car inside the garage while it sits on chassis stands! Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 14 July 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha....

whats happening with you mitch? are you running tweety on the track now that you have it making fUlLy SiK BOV noises? Razz
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Fri, 15 July 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah where are all the wannabes?....all talk.

How are we for definite numbers Mitch? You, me and Joel it?

Doesn't make much of a of a convoy.....at least it sounds like we'll have a heap of time keepers Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Fri, 15 July 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wannabe able to tell my boss to get stuffed, but unemployment doesn't seem very attractive Crying or Very Sad

My pile of tyres I purchased for this event will just have to sit in the garage for a little longer I guess, they will probably be hard as rocks by the time I get to the track Laughing

Looks like lots of time keepers and lots of photographers, so I want to see pics and times after the event Smile

Hope it's not too windy for ya's
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Fri, 15 July 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need a safe govie job Shane where they can't sack you Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Fri, 15 July 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am in a safe Govie, so they can't sack me but they can make things hard for me Wink

A number of jobs in my office were identified as excess (cut backs to meet budget requirements, I was not identified Surprised ), those people identified have left or are leaving (voluntarily seeking new jobs), we are not able to employ any more staff to replace them until Jan '06, no problem! the remaining overworked staff can pick up the slack Rolling Eyes The lady who sits beside me was told she can't have the week off she had approved a long time ago, so I feel more sorry for her.

I won't cause a stir over this day off being taken away, but upcoming leave where flights/accommodation are booked will not be accepted.

Should be a few other cars that turn up I would imagine.

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Fri, 15 July 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope so too as lapping tweety every 5 minutes is gonna get boring pretty quick Smile
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Fri, 15 July 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yep Tweety wil be swerving all over the track to slow the GT8 down . A lil faster than last time with its CT20 huffing as hard as it can!

As per last CCG track day we had very few taker up front and then about 20 cars on the day!

Only 6 cars so far with a lot of maybes. So there will be lots of 'time keepers' but few are definate so far. Will email the CCG and see if I can get a better idea of numbers.
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Fri, 15 July 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i am a deffinate driving now, I have the funds aside Very Happy cleaned the I/C out yesterday, installed a new boost guage, trying to decide wheather I should block the ABV, cause I have an overdrive pulley kit on it, but the abv bleeds off the boost at stock Rolling Eyes
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sat, 16 July 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 20:02

well i am a deffinate driving now, I have the funds aside Very Happy cleaned the I/C out yesterday, installed a new boost guage, trying to decide wheather I should block the ABV, cause I have an overdrive pulley kit on it, but the abv bleeds off the boost at stock Rolling Eyes

Have a look at this:
http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/tech/abvlines.htm

Should be any GZE owners first move Smile

Cheers
Steve
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sat, 16 July 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thanks man, I was looking at that last night, had a tinker with it today. Wink
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sun, 17 July 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,
I am the guy who was driving the N/A SW20 last track day and for a complete stocker i thought it went pretty hard, managed to keep up with a great little Starlet GT with whiteline suspension etc and phil's supra running slicks so i was more than happy. Although i did see my share of the kittylitter, those damn things like a spin everynow and then... Anyway, i should be there with a new toy, will give you a run for your money.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 12:10]

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sun, 17 July 2005 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be along for the day, no sprinter, just the van, so if anybody needs me to cart up wheels, spare parts, that sorta junk just let me know and we can sort it out.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sun, 17 July 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent Joel!

Sooooo Adam what new toy do we have to show off. Better be pretty quick to beat the old SW20 eh.

J, thanks for the offer as I am sure a heap of guys will appreciate locking their gear, spare etc in the can while they are lapping. How about the guys cary their own gear to Wakefield then drop it in the van their.

Phils driving my XR with the reailer to the track so we can store a bit of crap too.

Dont forget to take a stop watch for the spactators to take times too. That way we can get all the hot laps!
Cheers
Mitch
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey J,
Where abouts in Canberra are you? If it looks like it's not too much hassle i'd like to take you up on your offer as squeezing my track rubber into the GT8 is always a mission. I'm in Fadden BTW.

You can call me on 61223104 BH if you reckon you might be able to help me out.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW we all meeting at the gateway Shell or what?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22_3TG wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 00:47

When: Wednesday, 20 July 2005
Depart Canberra: 8 am from Gateway Shell Servo, Northbourne Avenue.

Umm I think so Rolling Eyes
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justen, call my mobile, i left a message at your work, i have tomorrow and wed off, i work tonight 10pm to 8am so anytime is good.

More than happy to store peoples things, i'll be bringing a jack and maybe some odd tools just incase.

anybody else need things carted up? joel? I know your tight for space in that little shoe box car.
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys and Girls,

I have two sets of half worn and one brand new set of Bendix Metal King pads for sale. They suit RA23/28/40 calipers and are ideal for a track days like this.

Or borrow the used ones for Wednesday. Can even fit them first thing when we get there.

New set $80

Used sets at $20

Bendix have stopped making Metal Kings and the company may not produce a performance alternative as they are going through a reorganisation of the buisness.

See you all Wednesday Morning.

Regards

Rodger
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well Mitch,
With a bit of luck you guys will find out when i get there on wednesday morning, which is now looking shaky as i am depending on the bank to get paperwork sorted before then Crying or Very Sad However, i am more confident that the paperwork will come in on wednesday so i might have to catch up with you guys around noon. I'll give you a few reasons as to why this car is quicker than the MR2.

1. 0 - 100kph in 6.3 seconds
2. 0 - 1000m in 26.0 seconds
3. Top Speed - 250kph

Its dead stock, slightly upgraded suspension and the tires aren't fantastic.Those stats are from the manual however so i am really keen to see if the car is up to it. From limited driving so far with the dealer in the car i can say that it certainly feels capable. If I shave some weight off, back seats are removable as is roof etc then i may be able to post some good times, depending on whether i can actually drive or not.... Oh, and its not a Toyota, sorry lads. So hopefully i will have it all sorted by Wednesday, at the absolute least i will bring it to the next Beer 'o' Clock so you can have a squiz.

Oh and J, If i can store my back seats etc in your van while i am on the track that would be excellent.

See you on the track, depending on the will of the bank anyway...
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm Justin you know I need you to bring a couple of wheels up for me Wink I was gonna give you a call on tuedasy night or something.
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Mon, 18 July 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got stooged on time off Mad ah well, by the next time you guys see the sprinter it "should" be finished Very Happy

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 19 July 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seats hay? sure, something i can plant my ass on while your all having a ball.
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Tue, 19 July 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can’t make it sorry guys

I have a cold and a sever lack of money and can’t get time off work

Have a tops day
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Wed, 20 July 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a great day had by all, well most, except the couple that had to get their cars towed home, how'd you guys go with that???

well I had a blast, learnt so much about cornering my car that is hard to learn on the street. Now all we need is all the guys who took photos and videos to give all us participants copies Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 21 July 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris's car was nothing major.. bent tie-rod, the toe cost us 180 bucks.

man that thing had some go in it... lots more than before. pitty it didnt stay on the track for 1 lap Sad

i had such a great day pushing the supra threw the track and down the straight! hats off to the organisers for this one... only drama is that i WANNA GO AGAIN! Very Happy
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 21 July 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gumby,

I take it you didn't buy any pics then due to your large expense after trying to break the Silvia!

yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 21 July 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well,

After my engine developed a rattle at about lunchtime I started to arrange a tow.

When things cooled down I started it again without rattle but low oil pressure so I left via Bungendore before the rest of you.

I got home without further incident. The motor wont see another event now though.

I always have a great time and thanks this time for Steve and Mitch letting me drive their cars.

Regards

Rodger.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 21 July 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most definitely an awesome day...could have been otherwise as i discovered the track manager (Gary) was borderline going to pull the GT8 off for being too quick down the straights with no cage. I had a good 30 minute chat with him and as quick as the V8 supercars down both the front and back straights he reckoned....hitting approx 220kph by the starters tower and then on the brakes to make the kink.

Gonna take some getting used to before i can lay down a decently quick time. Still 1:12's in traffic were encouraging and i felt no need to push any harder for the day.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 21 July 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I had a brilliant time too! It sure is great to see that the die hards appreciate us organising a serious avent like this. We love our social outing but this is what gets the serious guys out there.

GT8 took the limelight and showed how it is done. I was pleased to have a blat in the passenger seat and this ride should be in some scary ride park as it definately an awsome feeling! We will have some footage and pics up soon so everyone can appreciate the great day we had.

We tried to get as many lap times as possible but alas we could not get everyone. Will post up the results soon.
Cheers
Mitch
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Thu, 21 July 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil,
alas no pics, but they put a good one of the supra comming onto the main straight on dave's (20 valve rolla) onto his disk and he is going to print it off for me! so thats cool, they also told me that they keep the pics on file for a while. so i'll deffinatly be going back to pick up them up at a later date.

the silvia incident sucked Confused but because of its hard drifting life these things happen and i was glad that it didnt happen on the main straight and put me into the wall.

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sat, 23 July 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 08:39

\ but because of its hard drifting life \

HA!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Look at steve's sprinter, thats a hard life,
the 180 is a nissan, explains it all!!!!
so glad i got ride of mine..
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005 Sat, 23 July 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SprinterBoy wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 18:20

Look at steve's sprinter, thats a hard life,

What you trying to say?!?!
Just cos I've been trying to blow the damn thing up for 6 months doesn't mean i don't love and respect my sprinter Very Happy
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celicas in the snow
Next Topic:Canberra Celica Group (CCG) June Event
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:30:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010727882385254 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.