Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Stereo...ebay or not?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Stereo...ebay or not? Sun, 26 June 2005 11:41 Go to next message
I am looking at upgrading from my crappy 12" Pioneer bottom of the barrel sub. I have been checking out the JL audio gear namely the 12W3v2, http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/12w3v2.html Don't worry i have the amp to power it etc.

My main concern is, my mates wife is going to the states to visit her parents and can pick one up for me, at an approximate cost of AU$600 over the counter. However after checking ebay and numerous online car stereo companies it seems that AU$350-AU$400 is a much more competetive offer. Should i be overly wary of these dealers? How could i tell if they were just cheap knock offs?

Any suggestions/help or commentary is welcome.
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Stereo...ebay or not? Sun, 26 June 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checkout the persons feedback rating, send them a message and ask. Ask about warrentty etc. Smile
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Stereo...ebay or not? Mon, 27 June 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The item on ebay should be the same quality as at a retail store. If it's new that is.
Yeah, message them and ask them about warranty etc.
I bought my cd player off the US ebay site almost 2 years ago now and its still going strong, never had any problems with it.
From what i've seen ebay is much cheaper than retail stores in Aus, id recommend it.
Good luck!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Stereo...ebay or not? Mon, 27 June 2005 01:29 Go to previous message
i havent had a problem with ebay so far. Pretty much half my car audio is off ebay, just make sure you buy a brand new item and you'll be fine. But also check the person's feedback rating so you have a lesser chance of getting ripped off Very Happy

I bought my pioneer head unit which at the time retailed for $580, i got it for $310 delivered by courier. Came from the distributor in singapore (said that on the packaging)...

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 01:30]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Summer parties
Next Topic:A Helping hand
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:08:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038149356842041 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.