Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » TCC Cruise to North of Brisbane (Dayboro, Mt Mee then Wamuran or Somerset Dam) - August 14

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

TCC Cruise to North of Brisbane (Dayboro, Mt Mee then Wamuran or Somerset Dam) - August 14 Mon, 27 June 2005 15:05 Go to next message
Destination will be confirmed at the club's Regular Meeting on July 4. When our magazine went to print (tonight), the draft route was to be the Northside of Brisbane - so it could be anywhere from Somerset Dam to the Sunshine Coast.

Drivers should gather at Motorama 4x4xMore, Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury,

Drivers should arrive at 9:00am for a 9:30am departure.

Don't forget to bring supplies for a BBQ lunch! The Club will have the drinks trolley and and a gas burner for cookable stuff.

Route: Dayboro for a bbq lunch, then up Mt Mee then either onto Wamuran or up to Somerset Dam (draft route - subject to approval at monthly meeting)

Advice: keep this date free! Wink

Standard cruise info:
UHF Radio - get a hand-held 40 channel UHF radio so drivers and their companions can talk and stay up-to-date on the road.
Keep your distance - keep reasonable space between you and other cars up the convoy, especially in hilly sections!
Maps - keep a current UBD in your car, locate and bring a large SEQld map.
Don't panic - watch what's going on ahead and behind you.
Sunburn protection - take a hat with you and find a sunscreen that suits your complexion (and fashion sense).
Comfort - grab a cheap collapsible chair so you're not parking your arse on rough ground.
Camera - please take a camera!
Painkiller - apart from the drone of your sports exhaust, the heat and glare might get to you - keep some painkiller in your toolbox.
Take me! - print out this web page!
Enjoy yourself - you're there to have fun - take it easy!

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 13:27]

Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: TCC Cruise to North of Brisbane (Dayboro, Mt Mee then Wamuran or Somerset Dam) - August 14 Thu, 30 June 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, my bottom end is now complete save for a balance, so if i get off my ass the new engine will be in by then Very Happy
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: TCC Cruise to North of Brisbane (Dayboro, Mt Mee then Wamuran or Somerset Dam) - August 14 Tue, 09 August 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This should be a good day, I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope I get around to finishing off my battery relocation nice and securely so I don't have to be worried about it on the twisty bits.

Dayboro and Mt Mee twisties are NICE! Prolly won't be pushing it hard if there's traffic, but it should be a nice drive anyway.

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: TCC Cruise to North of Brisbane (Dayboro, Mt Mee then Wamuran or Somerset Dam) - August 14 Wed, 10 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it still on this date?
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: TCC Cruise to North of Brisbane (Dayboro, Mt Mee then Wamuran or Somerset Dam) - August 14 Wed, 10 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, this coming Sunday August 14th.
All the info in Charles's post is still current, although I don't know whether the final destination is planned to be Wamuran, or Somerset or other yet.

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TCC Cruise to North of Brisbane (Dayboro, Mt Mee then Wamuran or Somerset Dam) - August 14 Sat, 13 August 2005 12:14 Go to previous message
final reminder folks - salisbury at 9am for a 9:30am departure (which for recent events means we'll be runnign anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes late)

aslo - anyone want to spot me a ride? the ute wont be much fun in the hilly bits Embarassed

if you're running late or want to meet en-route - phone me 0414 269 310 or adam 0405 258 940
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Willowbank test and tune 20th August
Next Topic:POWERCRUISE IS COMING BACK TO BRISSIE, October 14/15/16, entry forms now available
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:33:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042109489440918 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.