Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 11:37 Go to next message
How do u spray glitter onto a car, does it go in the clearcoat, or just topcoat, and obviosly it would need to be very fine, will ordinary glitter cut it or what else needs to be done?

Any rice comments can be directed at any nearby brick wall to you. Seriously.

Regards, Chris
  Send a private message to this user    
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you mean metallic paint or you actually want to spray your car with glitter? why? just buy heaps of glitter pens and get to work...
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as in spray, as seen on jap drifters, they love the glitter paint, they dont use glitter pens dude.

I mean im going to paint it a gloss black, and have glitter in the clear coat. anyone done this b4?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so wouldn't that be some sort of hard core metallic. i am sure you could probably add more metallic to the paint. i really think glitter is the wrong path to be taking though man
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok man, well its not the paint, its a glitter or glitter like sparkle the japs use on many a drift car, my friends import drift pig has it, it looks like its in the clear coat. Anyone know what they use and how they spray it?
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glitter has to be mixed with the paint before sprayd.
Some car's factory paint have small amounts for glitter, like wrx black with gold,
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but mixed with the topcoat of black, or mixed with the clearcoat?
and just normal glitter? this i need to know....
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll ask one of my mates for you tomorrow and let you know. He owns the FLYNSX seca, got a marine blue with glitter paint job...

http://img153.echo.cx/img153/9988/flynsx55az.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 12:32]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id hit those chicks Wink
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man, it would be much appreciated.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 22:41

id hit those chicks Wink

the ones in or out of the car Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all of them Laughing i love synthetics Wink
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the flake would surely be mixed with the base colour.

If it was 2 pack, all you would need to do is get the base colour, say, the marine blue, add the metallic flake, mix it well, add harders, basecoat reducer and spray away

The clear would be just a protective shiny coat on top, but I'm sure there are thousands of ways to get the result
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^ what slaver said is correct, one other thing you may need to consider is how big ur flake is. you may need to use a bigger nozzle/jet/tip thingy.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a small note,I'm not a spray painter so I could be wrong. but I have heard that to spray glitter/flakes in paint you need a gun that will keep the contents of the pot mixed. other wise it settles to the bottom of the pot and you get an uneven coverage of glitter/flakes.
Apart from that if you are doing it black with the same effect as the blue one above I think it will look good.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Sun, 26 June 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 01:00

the flake would surely be mixed with the base colour.

If it was 2 pack, all you would need to do is get the base colour, say, the marine blue, add the metallic flake, mix it well, add harders, basecoat reducer and spray away

The clear would be just a protective shiny coat on top, but I'm sure there are thousands of ways to get the result

THats right Wink
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: spray painting glitter Mon, 27 June 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can mix some with the 1st clear coat to get it to really stand out ideal for ricers/drifters
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: spray painting glitter Mon, 27 June 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it looks like its in the clear coat on my firends car, its going to be sprayed in acrylic Rolling Eyes but should last longer than the cars chassis anyways, Evil or Very Mad
Thanks for the imput guys ill have a chat to a few painters and see what they say. Still keen to hear how flynsx's car was done though.

Chris
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: spray painting glitter Tue, 28 June 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GLITTER IS FOR DRAG QUEENS~!
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: spray painting glitter Tue, 28 June 2005 01:16 Go to previous message
Its usually done on skiboats. Ask those guys how it's done - you could try wake.com.au 's forums
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:looking to buy an 89' mrk2... anyone else own one?
Next Topic:toyota crew VIN help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 07:43:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083777904510498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.