Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
HEAR THIS Tue, 28 June 2005 16:03 Go to next message
After wandering around the net for awhile, you tend to end up in alot of forums. After visiting quite a few forums about different types of cars, I realized a difference between their sites, and this one. ALL USEFUL TECH ARTICLES ARE STUCK AT THE TOP OF THE FIRST PAGE. Some of them, have the first page entirely filled with locked/stuck posts about motor swaps, brake conversions, installations, etc. There was a really good post about fitting an SC14 to a 4AGZE. Instead of it being stuck, it has disappeared down the list on to page 3 or something like that. Put the information where people come to look for it (the forum, not any of those little links to the side) and you may not have to tell people to search, because the answer will be staring them in the face, right on the first page. I read the how to search FAQ, if you can call it that. Searching by subject is ridiculous, because some of the subjects are "Help!" and crap like that, although they still may contain useful information, you'd never know unless you have spent YEARS reading through what is mostly dribble and people telling the person to search. Message boards used to be a place to share information. I won't spend five hours looking for an answer just to come up with "search" in most posts that are supposed to relate to my problem. I think some of the information that is supposedly here isn't really here. Its in people's minds, and when you ask the question, and they know the answer, they say "search" instead of just taking 5 minutes type the answer, to make sure the information is readily available. Some of the topics have come up numerous times, but every time you go into a post it says search. Where is the actual answer? Would you have to have been a member 3 years ago to have seen a post with a REAL answer to a question?
  Send a private message to this user    
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: HEAR THIS Tue, 28 June 2005 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Way to post an entire chunk of text without paragraphing, Also it's in the wrong spot.

Also, this has been covered, do a search next time.

In all seriousness, too many sticky threads and things get messy. If you know what you're doing, the informatino can be found easily, so stop complaining. If you don't like the place, sod off and frequent a forum you enjoy, not a difficult concept.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HEAR THIS Tue, 28 June 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As informative as what youve written may be, no way am i going to read it.
Itll give me a rather large headace.

Try using the "enter" key every now and then Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 16:45]

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HEAR THIS Tue, 28 June 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think someone has been searching the internet all day and can't find what they are looking for and getting a bit pissed off Laughing

You seem to know alot about how a forum should be run, you should go away and start your own.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HEAR THIS Tue, 28 June 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr0n1k wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 02:03

Its in people's minds, and when you ask the question, and they know the answer, they say "search" instead of just taking 5 minutes type the answer, to make sure the information is readily available. Some of the topics have come up numerous times, but every time you go into a post it says search. Where is the actual answer? Would you have to have been a member 3 years ago to have seen a post with a REAL answer to a question?

i kinda agree. if a person replying to a thread/post actualy has an idea of what the answer may be to a given question then it isnt too hard to just type the answer etc. instead of saying 'search'.
though... there are some lazy mofo's that will ask very simple questions that are not hard to find the answer by doing a quick search before hand on either the forum involved or on google.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HEAR THIS Wed, 29 June 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going to read the first post, but it hurt my eyes too bad to read
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: HEAR THIS Wed, 29 June 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr0n1k wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 02:03

After wandering around the net for awhile, you tend to end up in alot of forums. After visiting quite a few forums about different types of cars, I realized a difference between their sites, and this one. ALL USEFUL TECH ARTICLES ARE STUCK AT THE TOP OF THE FIRST PAGE. Some of them, have the first page entirely filled with locked/stuck posts about motor swaps, brake conversions, installations, etc. There was a really good post about fitting an SC14 to a 4AGZE. Instead of it being stuck, it has disappeared down the list on to page 3 or something like that. Put the information where people come to look for it (the forum, not any of those little links to the side) and you may not have to tell people to search, because the answer will be staring them in the face, right on the first page. I read the how to search FAQ, if you can call it that. Searching by subject is ridiculous, because some of the subjects are "Help!" and crap like that, although they still may contain useful information, you'd never know unless you have spent YEARS reading through what is mostly dribble and people telling the person to search. Message boards used to be a place to share information. I won't spend five hours looking for an answer just to come up with "search" in most posts that are supposed to relate to my problem. I think some of the information that is supposedly here isn't really here. Its in people's minds, and when you ask the question, and they know the answer, they say "search" instead of just taking 5 minutes type the answer, to make sure the information is readily available. Some of the topics have come up numerous times, but every time you go into a post it says search. Where is the actual answer? Would you have to have been a member 3 years ago to have seen a post with a REAL answer to a question?

mains: 85 NM
big ends : 110NM
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: HEAR THIS Wed, 29 June 2005 07:38 Go to previous message
so what was it you were searching for????
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE35 auto to manual
Next Topic:starter motor issue -ae82
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:09:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050418376922607 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.