Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man i was waiting for my friend to come back from india i thought he would be back sooner dosent matter i gues ill just have to come over and buy it for him
  Send a private message to this user    
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 14:04

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 13:59

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 13:52

What happens if you get a flat ??? Laughing Laughing

Seroiusly i think you need a special (big) spanner) saw something like this on ebay not that long ago

Edit after looking at the wheels again i am pretty sure thats what it is, they just screw off.

also that was a good pick up on the targa / two tone / bootless thing.....very good.

And i really dont think the wheels are that bad, would you like my BLING wheels ???

For that matter is anyone interested ? They are good wheels but i think i am over the chrome thing, however they are very easy to clean tho. They are 16 x 7 with a 36mm offset currently 215 45 and 225 45 (ready for burning !!!!) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

why not sand them back and spray them white or even black would look quite nice i thinks

Thought about it not in white but black, the prob is getting of the Chrome so it can be painted, its just not worth the hassle to remove the chrome would be worth more than the wheels and besides its in really good condition.

Nope its sale time i think for the wheels...any offers before i put them up for open bidding.

I am getting another set of tear drops and going to put back on the original wing, then externally they will be pretty much identical.

The BLING wing and BLING wheels are getting just a bit too much attention for my liking Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i rather the standard wing, and the bling rims are a bit too exciting for me.

never the less ur mr2 is SC so ur 1 up on me there Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 16:20

Thought about it not in white but black, the prob is getting of the Chrome so it can be painted, its just not worth the hassle to remove the chrome would be worth more than the wheels and besides its in really good condition.

Nope its sale time i think for the wheels...any offers before i put them up for open bidding.

I am getting another set of tear drops and going to put back on the original wing, then externally they will be pretty much identical.

The BLING wing and BLING wheels are getting just a bit too much attention for my liking Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes

you can get them sad blasted then spray over them one of your engineer buddies must have a sand blaster....

dont go the teardrops man they really do look ugly just some simple 5 spoke rims would be nice plus the teardrop rims cant fit very wide rubber but at the end of the day its your car...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 22:08

toof wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 20:00

hmm im guessing thats what it is... grrr. how many washers did you require ?

from memories nevo kit came with 2 washers and i used only one
and it was so close i couldnt even see the space between the pulley and bracket, but it spun on the bracket so its ok

by memory one either side of the idler.

NT scrub, Marks son?
Quote:

can someone tell me what difference the 175mm? nevo pulley makes for driveability. Is it worth the money for a poor uni student?

been/driven in a couple, much stronger over standard. didnt feel any different driveabiltiy wise than normal other than quicker.. Evil or Very Mad

*suffering from internet withdrawl symptoms here Crying or Very Sad , the stupid phone at home has had no dial tone. thank god for internet cafes* Laughing
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiya,
Ive been hunting around and almost bought a MR2 Mk1 SC few weeks ago but seller backed out, he decided to keep it dang it. [Matt's car was mentioned on this forum somewhere when i was snooping around actualy] Anyway i am in contact with a guy down Woolongong way [im in Brisbane if the handle doesnt make that obvious]. Might anyone happen to know of the car or seen it at all ? It is on carsales.com.au 1986 MR2 mk1 White over gunmetal two tone hard top Supercharged with a bit of tinkering.

Also might anyone know if there is additional hassle with bringing the car to Queensland. Is it really only a matter of getting a Qld Safety Certificate or is there likely or possibly some more hassle ?

I apologise if this is not the right place to post this, but you all seem quite knowledgable and helpful so I thought id try.

Thanks for any help or suggestions Smile
Robin
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a friend up here (bundaberg) with a very nice Oz spec 4agze conversion for sale. i think he has it on the trading post, the price listed is rather negotiable.
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral your avatar image is quite disturbing Smile

I had a look on autotrader.com.au which as i understand holds the listings for trading post but couldnt find anything that might be the car you mentioned. You have me a little interested about your friends MR2 got any details ?

Colour ? Year ? T-Top ?
Any other mods apart from the SC ?
km's ? Condition ? price ballpark ?
picture ?
is it equiv roughly to stock SC or more ?

Robin
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys i just saw this site, its for the MK1.5 boys, davedave and Joshstix

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/

Check it out

Cheers big ears!!
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 15:35

Anyone else who wants anything from my car tell me cause im getting it towed away very soon.

Still waiting on a price for that shift boot and maybe shift kit matey.

Cheers,
Dave

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Robbrissy, I think this is the one you are talking about, I noticed it on carsales when I was looking for one a few weeks back, when he first got the mr2 he posted up on here, not sure if hes still on here though, he started these 2 threads

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=43564&rid=2471&S=ecb296dc069f23e55b79148 3220ae6a1&pl_view=&start=0#msg_392404

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=43465&rid=2471&S=ecb296dc069f23e55b79148 3220ae6a1&pl_view=&start=0#msg_391166
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 19:05

Hey Guys i just saw this site, its for the MK1.5 boys, davedave and Joshstix

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/

Check it out

Cheers big ears!!

Cool thanks Wink
I haven't bothered to read much on it. Nik started it (I think) a couple of months ago and it's been pretty well supported by Paul Woods and some of the other big name mk1.5 lads. But all hang out on the MR2OC forum, so I just stick to there.

The mk1.5's are getting pretty popular, there's about 20 or so kicking around that have been documented, and I'm sure a fair few more that haven't been are about.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 09:32]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you are right mr2oc.com has mind-boggling amounts of aw11 info!

cheers!
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso, thanks for the pointers to those two threads. I have learnt a bit more now Smile. I am a little concerned that it may well have been thrashed in an earlier life. [fears may well be unfounded but thats the feeling i get]

Robin
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats one of the problems with buying an import, they usually are, like this new one I bought, I did a compression test the other day, she still feels real strong to go, but the results of the test aren't great, shes down about 25psi across all the cylinders, still above minimum, just
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what people are saying on toymods its not so much the reading rather than if there is a varience between the cylinders..

i guess with any older car its going to be lacking in the compression department
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 27 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt be too concerned about how "thrashed" an AW11 is. The chassis is very durable and as long as it hasnt had an accident you won't notice much difference in a car with 100k and one with 400k on it.

Look out for rust in the wheel arches and under the carpet in the boot. Some surface rust is normal on these things...

The engines are typically toyota and will last a very long time as long as they have been serviced every now and then and have had decent coolant.

Check that the handbrake doesnt stick and that the breaks are ok.

Basically if the car looks good and goes hard then its a good unit.

If you are still concerned get a compression and leakdown test performed. As stated earlier don't be too concerned with what the reading is as long as all the cyl. are reading pretty much the same.

The major problem is that once youve had an AW11 there is no going back - youll be hooked for life (or until you can afford an elise or NSX) Very Happy
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Worth a try , The girlfriends SC has a very rusted out muffler would anyone have a standard system for sale ? Whole system ? Muffler ?

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think all the standard ones are long gone. A cheap alternative is a straight through truck muffler, you can get them close to the right size (I think the last one I picked up was $75 or so).
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info Starfire.
I use to own a 94 Supra White Smile [yes twin turbo]

Robin
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben

Where did you pickup these Truck mufflers ? , Ive been quoted about $500 for a new 2 1/4 inch system without replacing standard cat converter.

Ben Wilson wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 10:37

I think all the standard ones are long gone. A cheap alternative is a straight through truck muffler, you can get them close to the right size (I think the last one I picked up was $75 or so).

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 09:55

The major problem is that once youve had an AW11 there is no going back - youll be hooked for life (or until you can afford an elise or NSX) Very Happy

yeah i can see the until i can afford an elise part being an issue Smile

oh na dthe nevo is going great guns only hitting 10psi... looks like its ABV removal time Razz
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car doesnt have an ABV - it makes the idle rather high and rough. (2000rpm cold, a little over 1000 hot).
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin,
whats wrong with my whacked out cat..... Evil or Very Mad Laughing

um.. i think it is on car sales dot com. not the trading post. Embarassed
red w/gold pearl, nevo 4agze, big rear wing. if i find the link i'll post it. he has $15000 on it (well his missus put that) he will take less than that i know. Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 13:29

My car doesnt have an ABV - it makes the idle rather high and rough. (2000rpm cold, a little over 1000 hot).

removing the ABV does not effect the idle or how the car runs.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 10:58

Ben
Where did you pickup these Truck mufflers ? , Ive been quoted about $500 for a new 2 1/4 inch system without replacing standard cat converter.

Phillip Tire and Exhaust, it was a few years ago, but, I remember it being fairly cheap for 2 1/2". They wouldn't build it as it probably wouldn't be 100% legal, they were more than happy to sell me the pipe though.

http://www.ben.foo.cc/Exhaust.jpg

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly shouldnt the ABV be closed at idle ? and only ever open up when over a given boost limit ?

what are peoples thoughts on this.. im linking the idea of going sc14 with nevo pulley aftermarket managment. now wanting to limit the boost somehow.. i dont want to just turn to charger off but id like to be able to adjust the boost on the fly. similar to a turbo system bleeding off boost to the wastegate actuator. my thought was... to use the stock abv or something similar to circulate compressed charge air from after the intercooler back to before the charger. now obviously the stock abv will just limit it to 10psi as its doing now.

thinking about using a turbo EBC and solenoid to regulate the boost seen by the ABV and hence get it to open at a different stage.. hence being able to adjust the total boost level.. any thoughts on how/if this will work ?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 14:02

1200det wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 10:58

Ben

Phillip Tire and Exhaust, it was a few years ago, but, I remember it being fairly cheap for 2 1/2". They wouldn't build it as it probably wouldn't be 100% legal, they were more than happy to sell me the pipe though.

http://www.ben.foo.cc/Exhaust.jpg

on what grounds would it not be legal ? assuming you have a cat and it is working correctly and the noise was under the prescribed level then why would it matter that the muffler was sold for trucks as opposed to being sold for a car. it makes it quiet as opposed to the cat which effects the emissions ?? not doubting what they have said more just curious.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

exactly shouldnt the ABV be closed at idle ? and only ever open up when over a given boost limit ?

it actually opens at idle. but seeing the s/c clutch is dis-engaged at idle by the ecu the ABV isnt needed anyways.

when i get a internet connection back on at home i'll send you the diagram i have to be able to switch the s/c from standard ~8psi to what ever pulley you have psi. just uses another VSV like the factory ABV vsv (blue one) and the ABV.

Walker/Luckey do very nice mufflers lots of different sizes, stainless or not for rather reasonable prices. doesnt have to be a truck muffler at all.

Bill Strong
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow... lots of posts!

Hey guys and gals! Bill Strong is my name.
I own a few MR2s, 1 1987 4.6 liter V8 Cadillac Northstar powered model- still working on that bad boy.
1 Purple 1986 MK1.5 3sgte ATS CT27 turbocharged 2 liter
1 1986 MR2 Krylon Special that we are going to try and mount a 5.7 liter or larger Chevy V8 into using a 3 or 4 speed auto with the engine sitting North / South.
1 1988 Celica All-Trac GT4

all my cars have way too many mods to list.

I also run the MR2OC. The largest MR2 website on the planet.
Nice to see other mr2 owners on the other side of the world. You guys have some pretty awesome cars!
My wife and I have discussed taking a vacation down under just to see some of the cars (though I tell her it is to see Kangaroos and sight-seeing crap... )
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Strong wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 22:38

My wife and I have discussed taking a vacation down under just to see some of the cars (though I tell her it is to see Kangaroos and sight-seeing crap... )

Just so long as you don't drive on the hiways here at night other wise you may see a kangaroo closer than you would want..... ROADKILL Laughing

oh and toof I'd say the reason it wouldn't be legal for Ben is case it wouldn't be under the decibal range we are allowed
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great to see you here Bill! You may recall some of my silly mk1.5 questions from such web sites as .... well yours Smiley =

Hopefully I'll get the bad boy started tomorrow, and if I do I'll make sure I post up some photos/sound/etc

btw, if you ever come out this way be sure to give some of us a yell. Would be great to catch up but if you're a first time visiter, I'm sure some local knowledge wouldn't go astray Smiley =
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday bill,

love you work.. if you come down under make sure to give us a heads up so we can organise a meet.
Bill Strong
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 10:05

gday bill,

love you work.. if you come down under make sure to give us a heads up so we can organise a meet.

Great!!! But only if you guys have beer.... you guys do have beer down there right>????

Smile
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haven't you ever heard? Real Aussies have beer on their breakfast cereal Wink

dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 07:15

cereal?
i thought it was just a good wholesome beer for brekky, and smoko, and lunch, arvo smoko, and dinner. Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 07:57

davedave wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 07:15

cereal?
i thought it was just a good wholesome beer for brekky, and smoko, and lunch, arvo smoko, and dinner. Laughing

and any other time.

youve got a hard earned thirst and the best cold beer vic victoria bitter
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For Bill's benefit
Original
Greatest Theme Music (warning: very very Aussie!)

Disclaimer: I actually think VB tastes terrible unless really cold. Although I'll never knock one back that's handed to me Smiley =
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you drink your beer warm dave???
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not preferribly Smiley =

I was talking about really cold, as in home fridge cold, colder than tap beer cold.

My late grandfather used to drink 3 warm beers per night. That was after the 3 cold beers my grandmother used to let him drink. He used to keep the others hidden under the bed in a room out the back, he was a classic!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahhah closet drinker what a classic...

yeah i dunno i hate new cant stand it i guess its just what you stated drinking first..

preferrably id rather not drink either there are alot nicer beers out there
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 28 June 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm... icy cold Bintang. Wink

VB isnt a bad drop, been drinking a fair bit more of it lately at home since i dont have a phone line that works. Mad

welcome to the thread Bill.
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral. I think I found a picture of that Mr2 in this thread - many pages ago. While i have to say the colour is very impressive I have to admit I am not to keen for a Red or Black colour.

Rob.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sometimes with second hand cars you have to settle for a colour which isnt quite to your liking anyways you can allways respray it later..

i allways wanted a red aw11 but i ended up with a 2 tone simply cause it was a stright well maintained car at the right price..

the 2 tone colour has really grown on me and i have lost all thoughts of a red car..

robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I happen to think the White/Grey two tones are the nicest. Smile
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the plans still to have the white and yellow aw11 in sydney at the end of the year, or atleast one of them. White mr2 should be in reg friday or next wed at the latest.

What sorta figure are we looking at for a seccond hand LSD??
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I allways wanted Black, gun grey, or blue (mm blue and white rims). My car was origionally the white/silver two tone.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a complete AW11 SC transaxle and LSD from an 89 g-limited car.

Make me an offer if you want it Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm guys im in a dilly of a pickle..

ive got my nevo cranking it pulls 10psi no probs. now i tried to rig up the ABV to allow more mumbo. ive done this as per robs 4agze page.

i have taken the hose between the blue vsv and capped it off. then tee'ed into the hose between the brown vsv and the fuel pressure reg. then from the tee to the ABV...

now that didnt make any difference. but i noticed when i booted it above 5k i could hear a little belt slip. so i tightened up the belt, the audable slip is gone but no improvment in boost.

my understanding was that people running the 175mm nevo were hitting around the 13psi mark ? so to me it would seem like the ABV is limiting boost ? seem reasnoable ?

any thoughts people ?
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hows the weather?, i used to get 10-11psi aswell, but lately sydney been heaps rain and cold and i see 12psi heaps of time in 3rd gear

feral suggested few time that could be faulty abv and that removal of it could fix the problem. i still havent done it yet. not sure how im gonna make a plate to block off the hole, and need find something shove up the hose aswell

what about i/c or piping etc... any leaks?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm just looking.... robs page (from memory as it seems to be taken down) said to tap into the line between the brown VSV and the fuel pressure reg. MR2OC says to tap into the line between the manifold and the brown VSV ? ill try it in the morning.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah different diagram on different site looked different i was confused back when i did mine aswell

anyway what i remember was
valve on rear firewall with 10mm bolt holding it, yanked it out (the line from the abv) and capped it, t'd it onto the line that runs between manifold and another valve. thats it.
seems to work for me
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys this is probably bringing up an old argument, but i can't find where it is, (too many pages) what kind of oil is the go to use in the e51 tranny with LSD? not to interested in finding what each person uses but more what is recommended mostly. like SC uses 2 main recomendations, what are the main recomendations for LSD tranny oil?

like would Castrol Sytrax be alright to use in it?, or does the LSD need something special?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 15:01]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stupid ass licking piece of crap ..... Kid decides to chuck a u-turn as i was pulling outa a park BANG, drivers ass of subaru VS passanger front of silvia. NOt sure whats gonna happen yet. Nothing major ont he subaru.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso: the BGB doesn't say anything different for LSD or non-LSD transaxles, but for an E51 it state's

Oil grade: API GL-4 or GL-5
Viscosity: SAE 75W - 80 or 80W - 90
Capacity: 4.2 liters (4.4 US qts, 3.7 lmp. qts)

And for the C52 guys while I'm here (pretty much the same)

Oil grade: API GL-4 or GL-5
Viscosity: SAE 75W - 80 or 80W - 90
Capacity: 2.6 liters (2.7 US qts, 2.3 lmp. qts)
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Strong wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 22:38

Wow... lots of posts!

Hey guys and gals! Bill Strong is my name.
I own a few MR2s, 1 1987 4.6 liter V8 Cadillac Northstar powered model- still working on that bad boy.
1 Purple 1986 MK1.5 3sgte ATS CT27 turbocharged 2 liter
1 1986 MR2 Krylon Special that we are going to try and mount a 5.7 liter or larger Chevy V8 into using a 3 or 4 speed auto with the engine sitting North / South.
1 1988 Celica All-Trac GT4

all my cars have way too many mods to list.

I also run the MR2OC. The largest MR2 website on the planet.
Nice to see other mr2 owners on the other side of the world. You guys have some pretty awesome cars!

Gday Mate welcome to the thread!
No need for introductions, we all know who you are! The mr2oc is the pinnacle of MR2 info!! The Northstar is Phattest AW11 conversion going around!!! Ive seen a few of your vids and it sounds BEEFY Very Happy

Yeah we are just a bunch of aussies with a passion for the AW11. The best car ever designed...

Anyways, come on down to Australia. Its beautiful! Let us know if you are going ahead with the down-under vacation and we will organise a BBQ and some accomodation if you need it. Cheers...
Marty
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 00:32

guys this is probably bringing up an old argument, but i can't find where it is, (too many pages) what kind of oil is the go to use in the e51 tranny with LSD? not to interested in finding what each person uses but more what is recommended mostly. like SC uses 2 main recomendations, what are the main recomendations for LSD tranny oil?

like would Castrol Sytrax be alright to use in it?, or does the LSD need something special?

i use safx castrol sh*t and my gearbox is really notchy until it warms up im either going to use some redline stuff or that penrite stuff people keep raving about
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 21:20

umm guys im in a dilly of a pickle..

ive got my nevo cranking it pulls 10psi no probs. now i tried to rig up the ABV to allow more mumbo. ive done this as per robs 4agze page.

i have taken the hose between the blue vsv and capped it off. then tee'ed into the hose between the brown vsv and the fuel pressure reg. then from the tee to the ABV...

now that didnt make any difference. but i noticed when i booted it above 5k i could hear a little belt slip. so i tightened up the belt, the audable slip is gone but no improvment in boost.

my understanding was that people running the 175mm nevo were hitting around the 13psi mark ? so to me it would seem like the ABV is limiting boost ? seem reasnoable ?

any thoughts people ?

I've never seen more than 11.5 psi on mine (I think the higher altitude here in Canberra has something to do with it). You should be able to get more than 10 though - Have a poke around and look for a leak.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i have now teed into the live between the manifold and the brown vsv. no change still maxing out 10psi. i did notice there is what looks like a econd hose fitting on the abv around the top. it is about 20mm long with a 90deg bend in it ? ill get a photo tinight..

this had no hose connected to it at all should it have someting ?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 29 June 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
That one should be open, that's the reference port.

I can't remember the colour of the VSVs, but, all you're trying to do is feed the ABV the boost signal after the supercharger instead of the signal from between the throttle body and the supercharger like it is factory.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 23:12]

Pages (84): [ «  <  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:29:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014889001846313 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.