Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » where to buy a sealed battery box?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
midnight
Regular

November 2003
where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 02:33 Go to next message
Hey guys, Im wondering if anyone knows where to get a sealed battery box from, whitworths, battery world, supercheap etc only have the non sealed types.

my battery has been relocated to the boot but my engineer is saying even though I have a sealed battery I still need a sealed box that vents externally, incase someone replaces the battery with a non sealed type in the future.
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this in the mr2? Wouldn't the boot be a battery box in itself?
That's the plea I'm going to take when I visit the engineer.
I've also heard around the traps that a battery box is needed when there's no firewall between the passengers and the battery.

Let me know how you go, because if I'm wrong and you do need one, then I'll be on the market for a battery box myself.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supercheap is you best bet
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 12:48

Is this in the mr2? Wouldn't the boot be a battery box in itself?
That's the plea I'm going to take when I visit the engineer.
I've also heard around the traps that a battery box is needed when there's no firewall between the passengers and the battery.

Let me know how you go, because if I'm wrong and you do need one, then I'll be on the market for a battery box myself.

i think he has a 180 now when i saw him when i bought his susspension he had sold his bent aw11 to a friend bloody pitty too cause it was going cheap and i had all the panels that were bent would have been a good buy for me
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sold the mr for $3500 with a mashed boot.

so yeah I have a 180 now, its got a half cage so theres no back seats or rear fire wall or anything.

I have a sealed battery but my engineer says that even tho the battery is sealed I need a sealed and externally vented box incase the battery is swapped to a standard battery in the future.

I recon another engineer might pass it with a standard box, but this one is passing my cage with minimal fuss.

I need something like this,
http://www.moroso.com/catalog/images/batterybox_part.jpg

but the only places I have found so far that sell them is the US.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 03:14]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh nice
what brand is that?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice looking battery box the only ones ive seen in aus are the black ones but have you contacted the company in the us to see if they have an australian distributer???

edit: btw the susspension you sold me works quite well havent had them tested but its quite stiff with the 6kg cuscos in the rear the front is quite stiff aswell i think they may be trd ones as they look exactly like my other springs that are trd.

makes the aw11 sit nice and close to the road too there is a link to some pictures in my signature if your interested

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 03:23]

midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brand is moroso link is here

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp? catcode=42001

i signed up on rally forum that had alot of threads about battery legalities and ive just received word that a member makes them out of fiberglass.

Ill chase that up first as hes located in australia.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 03:36]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Wed, 29 June 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these guys sell moroso and they have a 320 pg catalogue

http://www.superplus.com.au

might have what your looking for
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Thu, 30 June 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 13:20

edit: btw the susspension you sold me works quite well havent had them tested but its quite stiff with the 6kg cuscos in the rear the front is quite stiff aswell i think they may be trd ones as they look exactly like my other springs that are trd.

makes the aw11 sit nice and close to the road too there is a link to some pictures in my signature if your interested

thats good to hear, those pics look great. pity i never got around to installing the shocks myself. Smile
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: where to buy a sealed battery box? Thu, 30 June 2005 07:41 Go to previous message
ha I've given up. Ive booked it in with another engineer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter?
Next Topic:ATTN: Mark3 Supra Owners look within
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:47:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051131248474121 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.