Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » 1973 - What a great vintage!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 11:27 Go to next message
Hi,

1973, what a fantastic year......

Not only was the superlative and seductive RA25 born from the productive loins of Toyota, but look at the cool music that came out in this wonderous year. Check out these albums from these great artists......

Ring Ring (Abba)
Band On the Run (McCartney & Wings)
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Black Sabbath)
Aladdin Sane (David Bowie)
Electric Warrior (TRex)
Slider (TRex)
Paris 1919 (JJ Cale)
Billion Dollar Babies (Alice Cooper)
Muscle of Love (Alice Cooper)
Made in Japan (Deep Purple)
Who Do We Think we Are (Deep Purple)
Cosmic Wheels (Donovan)
Desperado (Eagles)
Brain Salad Surgery (Emerson, Lake & Palmer)
Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)
Let's Get it On (Marvin Gaye)
Selling England by The Pound (Genesis)
A Passion Play (Jethro Tull)
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)
Don't Shoot me I'm only the Piano Player (Elton John)
Houses of the Holy (Led Zeppelin)
African Herbsman (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
Tubular Bells (Mike Oldfield)
The Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)
Queen (Queen)
Berlin (Lou Reed)
For Your Pleasure (Roxy Music)
Goats Head Soup (Rolling Stones)
Greetings From Asbury Park (Bruce Springsteen)
Countdown to Ecstasy (Steely Dan)
Quadrophenia (The Who)
Tales from the Topographic Oceans (Yes)

Ahhh, yes, 1973. Truly a very good year!!!!

seeyuzz
river

Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stop being so old!!

river wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 21:27

Hi,
Desperado (Eagles)

hmm that is cool though.

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 70s in general where great.
i loves the old school rock.

ROCK ON!
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes,give me the 60's and 70's music any time.
And Black Supra you don't have to be OLD to appreciate GOOD MUSIC.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeppelin rules.

That is all.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 70's and 80's had best music imo. zepplin, pink floyd, frank zappa Smile but 80's had the best metal for sure Wink
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah! Jethro Tull Very Happy Not too keen on Abba though Wink
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would willingly have the p00 babies of David Gilmoure anyday. Not to mention the members of

Black Sabbath (Ozzy years only! I HATE DIO HE IS GHEY)
Zeppelin
The Jimi Hendirx Experience
Clapton
The Doors

I agree with EVO too about 80's having the best metal, of course thats because Sabbath were busy inventing it in the 70's.

There are others that are note worthy such as Free, Aerosmith, Grand Funk Railroad (before they went ghey), Stones, Bowie and others but they are not applicable to have p00 babies with me.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez ... you all sound like heavy metal hippies.. Laughing

river's list edited to remove the daggy stuff:

Aladdin Sane (David Bowie)
The Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)
Berlin (Lou Reed)
Quadrophenia (The Who)

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeppelin, Purps, Sabbath.

No need for the rest.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 11:29

i hear ya man... jethro tull is a legend
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not convinced on abba either... but dave gilmour, roger waters and sid barett are welcome for a massif gh3y orgy in my house anytime.

and bowie, as long as he wears the tights from labyrinth
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 19:52

80s movie + bowie's package.... Rolling Eyes
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 19:52

Laughing Shocked ARGH No No No Freak
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes, I can understand the hesitance in your approval of Abba. However, as the mid-70s passed the greatest rock music of that decade was in decline. Sadly it was being usurped by disco music and other lame styles of music (ie Chicago, Boz Scags, etc).

As I age I now look fondly upon Abba (and ELO) and thank them quietly for not sucummbing to disco style crap music. Although their music wasn't in the same genre of the earlier rock bands, it had a style and distinct appeal that pleases me.

Furthermore, anyone who is into playing an instrument should appreciate that Abba, like the Beatles, had excellent chord progressions and a fine talent for generating good songs with structure.

Not sure how to comment regarding Draven's appeal for Bowie in his tights. But I think Bowie and (more so) Marc Bolan (TRex) started the glam rock phase of the 70's which directly influenced groups like Kiss. We used to do Bowie, Slade and TRex covers when I was in a band, oh so many years ago. Then along came the 80's and I got a job, began drinking and started chasing molls and left the band behind.

seeyuzz
river
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mind abba every now and then, but not a big fan. I'm a bigger fan of ELO... more my sound.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh how I used to get told off for having my radio up to loud when listening to Black Sabbath,TRex,Slade & Pink Floyd.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hi-Ace wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 07:45

Oh how I used to get told off for having my radio up to loud when listening to Black Sabbath,TRex,Slade & Pink Floyd.

Hehehehe... same hear. "Turn that bloody thing down!" my old man used to call out as I cranked up my small (size of a pack of ciggies) 7-transistor radio. Smile

Oh, and let us not forget Suzi Quattro! She had some great songs also and in concert would hang her bass guitar so low that she'd rub herself with it.

Which reminds me of seeing the Divynls when they used to do the pub scene. She was so ugly that she was good looking. She'd pour a jug of beer over her head and piss on stage while she sang. Oh to be covered with Chrissies piss was a badge of honour Smile

seeyuzz
river
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wink Suzi Q, mmm I had a crush on that one. Rolling Eyes
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 12:33

of course thats because Sabbath were busy inventing it in the 70's.

Go back further young man. Blue Cheer were inventing it in the 60's.

Shane, I'm surprised you said Chicago and Boz Scaggs were lame. Listening to either, even now I get things from them that I haven't in the past. Have a deep listen to Boz. You'll be surprised.

Another song that surprises me these days is the B52's Rock Lobster. It's a bit of a silly song, as was the band but if you listen to it properly, it goes off. Not so much the lyrics as the music.

Chrissie Amphlett???
The young Farkurnell has batted a'plenty over that Sex Goddess.

Slade.
Now what can we say about Noddy Holder.The ORIGINAL screamer.
Brian Johnson,Jimmy Barnes can't hold a candle to Noddy.

Jethro Tull.
I saw them at the Hordern in the mid 70's and then again late 80's. I still get goosebumps listening to Thick as a Brick and Songs from the Wood.

Led Zepp.
Saw them at Warwick Farm Racecourse when I was about 10. Mum made my brother take me with him and his mates. God bless Mum. I haven't been the same boy since.

David Bowie?
I may hear screams of outrage but I think he's pretty ordinary.
Them's the breaks.

Abba?
The 2 girls were more fuel for the spankerchief when I was young.

Ahhhh, the good old days.

Cheers, Greg.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha my girlfriend demands there be rock lobster at her wedding, shes quite the strange one. but yes its a good song i have to admit.
how can you not like bowie!?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farkurnell wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 09:16

Shane, I'm surprised you said Chicago and Boz Scaggs were lame. Listening to either, even now I get things from them that I haven't in the past. Have a deep listen to Boz. You'll be surprised.

Well I have to admit that most songs I hated all those years ago do seem okay now. Not sure if it's 'cos my tastes have changed or it's just nostalgia. However, I had a friend who played Chicago and Boz Scaggs continually and I must of built up some form of resistance.

One song however that I hated with a passion and I hate more each time I hear it (which fortunately isn't very often) is Patrick fucking Fernandez singing "Born to Be Alive". It's a godawful song.

Quote:

Another song that surprises me these days is the B52's Rock Lobster. It's a bit of a silly song, as was the band but if you listen to it properly, it goes off. Not so much the lyrics as the music.

Great band and they did some good songs. I especially like the "Rock Lobster" version of Stairway to Heaven.

Quote:

Chrissie Amphlett???
The young Farkurnell has batted a'plenty over that Sex Goddess.

Absolutely. A young River also thought she was wonderful:)

Quote:

Slade.
Now what can we say about Noddy Holder.The ORIGINAL screamer.
Brian Johnson,Jimmy Barnes can't hold a candle to Noddy.

Couldn't agree more, and you youngsters in the forums should grab a hold of one of their albums (Slaydest) and have a listen to a few of their songs. No one could scream out like Noddy.

Quote:

Jethro Tull.
I saw them at the Hordern in the mid 70's and then again late 80's. I still get goosebumps listening to Thick as a Brick and Songs from the Wood.

Never saw them in concert, which is something I deeply regret.

Quote:

Led Zepp.
Saw them at Warwick Farm Racecourse when I was about 10. Mum made my brother take me with him and his mates. God bless Mum. I haven't been the same boy since.

You weren't that little kid who tried to steal my joints were you? Yup, I'll never be the same again either. I also saw Gary Glitter, Suzi Q, TRex, Slade and Deep Purple concerts. After the Purps I don't think my hearing has ever been the same.

Quote:

David Bowie?
I may hear screams of outrage but I think he's pretty ordinary.
Them's the breaks.

Each to their own my aged friend. Bowies best stuff was his early stuff.

Quote:

Abba?
The 2 girls were more fuel for the spankerchief when I was young.

They were something, eh? Smile

Ahhhh, the good old days.

Indeed!!!!!

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh you oldies, i know about 5 songs from that list by the name and thats it, i might recognise others if they were played maybe.
The only ones i know generally is due to my parents and countless years fo having to listen to it on family trips up north on tape or on 2ws ahhh.
Hehe my mum has a Black Sabbath record cos it came free with a record club she joined years and years ago so she tells us.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old shitty music freaks me out....you definately have to be smoking something to enjoy it.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im 17 and I'd say my radio stays on WSFM for 90% of the time...

Songs are classic for a reason, because theyre awesome...

I dont think i'll be listening to Hollaback Girl in 30 years time...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you sad sad boy, i listen to triple MMM they play a decent mix of old and new rock and if they piss me off i change to nova or triple J then 96.1 then if i'm really desperate C91.3 rofl at cambo boganess
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other 10% is made up of 9% FBI and 1% Nova, everything else is only every so often... Or saturday nights, then it stays fixed on FBI...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can you listen to WSFM and FBI? man talk about opposites.
i love my classic like pink floyd, zepplin etc but the radio stays on JJJ 95%, the othe 5% is c91.3 (yay for bogans), MMM and FBI.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you'd think that old man river would be saying "damn hippies, turn down that flaming noise you call music" Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 14:10

how can you listen to WSFM and FBI? man talk about opposites.
i love my classic like pink floyd, zepplin etc but the radio stays on JJJ 95%, the othe 5% is c91.3 (yay for bogans), MMM and FBI.

I listen to FBI because it has music that im into at certain times of the day, eg drum and bass, electro etc. And I just hate what pop music is at the moment, JJJ and MMM are all good but theres too much shit in between the good songs... 969 is good when they play stuff other than top 40... but I know theres always gonna be a good song on WSFM...
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 19:24

peeack wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 11:29

i hear ya man... jethro tull is a legend

That would be Jethro Tull ARE Legends, Jethro Tull isn't a singular person in the context of the musicians.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The radio sucks teh big one. Go metal. \||/
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 1973 - What a great vintage!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 11:02 Go to previous message
if you like metal: tuesday nights 11pm JJJ.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ebay lmao
Next Topic:Just in case you wanted this
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:14:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072197914123535 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.