Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 03:06 Go to next message
Guys,
I have just bought a 600hp internal bosch fuel pump for my 1jz Cressida. I bought an internal because I didnt want a fuely smell in the car and also for the queitness of and internal pump.
I havent had a look yet and wanted to know if someone know how I install one of these suckers! Do I need to pull the fuel tank off?
Any help welcome.
  Send a private message to this user    
haggis
Regular

May 2002
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know the Cressida too well, but on my Corolla (FWD) when i lift the rear seat out, there is access to a small plate which removable. This gives access to the top of the fuel tank where the pump and lines go in/out.

It might be simliar in the Cressida, I don't know. Worth a look.
Hope that helps!

Craig.
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps for your advice. I'll have a look. Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's anything like a Mk3 Supra (and it probably is), you'll have to drop the tank to get at the pump. It's not a hard job, just a pain in the arse.
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an internal and I still smell petrol Wink its probably the seal around the sender unit which is under the rear seat. Not on a toyota though Norbie's right, it is a pain in the arse.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 January 2003 23:19]

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JMX83, i need to upgrade my pump too
how much was the pump? how many litres per minute does it flow and where did you get it from?
zorro
Regular

May 2002
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best internal pumps are Walbro pumps from the U.S.A. They fit straight in Cressida's, MK2, MK3, MK4 Supra's. Check their site:

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/fue lpump.html

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking at the walbro for a while its $187.32AU(not too expensive really) but i'm looking at other alternatives just to be sure that's why i'm interested in 1J's pump....

So spill it.

Also I dont think the walbro will support 600hp
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
Re: Internal fuel pump Mon, 13 January 2003 22:02 Go to previous message
The pump I have is a Bosch motorsport internal pump. It is rated at 600hp. Not sure of the litres per min. It cost me $280 from Star Performance. I ordered it in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon. Its not as cheap as a Walbro but if you include shipping and the wait, its not too bad.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Removing the Dash on an RA65
Next Topic:2tg power?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 11:37:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037260055541992 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.