Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... )

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 04:34 Go to next message
i dunno too much about soarers... n i kno dat u boyz will know much more than me... ive searched on the net n found nufing so yehhh help plz.... i would like to know specs of 89 soarer GZ TT:

power at the engine?
power at the wheels?
tourge?
Weight?
0-100 km/h time?
1/4 mile time?
fuel consumption??

Thx heapsssss..
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) Around 210ps or 157kW at the flywheel
2) Around 90-100kW at wheels for auto, 110-120 for manual
3) Around the 270Nm mark at the flywheel
4) Around 1450-1550kg depending on spec
5) Probably in the 8's
6) Probably in the mid 15's
7) Highly dependent on right foot. Average around 11-12l/100km, 14-15l/100km when you're up it, 8-9l/100km on freeway
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aiiteee thx heaps yehhhh Smile
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must be lucky, but my old Auto 88 GZ pulled 112rwkw bog stock Very Happy ,..

They are very laggy, but a lot of fun for day to day driving,..

Cheers
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There MUST be a way to make them feel more responsive lower in the rev range. and dont say by dropping a 1JZ in.

Although when manual, im sure most of the problems that exist with the autotragic are instantly gone...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 14:10

There MUST be a way to make them feel more responsive lower in the rev range. and dont say by dropping a 1JZ in.

Good electronic boost controller should get them on boost a bit quicker, and a free-flowing exhaust should help also. Other than that, manual will be the biggest improvement as you can get it in the power band much more effectively.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 16:22

Merudo wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 14:10

Good electronic boost controller should get them on boost a bit quicker, and a free-flowing exhaust should help also. Other than that, manual will be the biggest improvement as you can get it in the power band much more effectively.

That's the main reason why I want to go manual! Smile

So does it need to be an electronic boost controller does it? I was just going to get one of those turbosmart valve type manual ones.... hmm.

So should I save and spend $400 on one of those GReddy EBC's ?

Cheers
James
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't NEED to be an electronic boost controller, it could be something like a Hiperboost also. Main thing it has to do is hold the wastegates shut to prevent creep that slows down the building of boost.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, that's celicamad's boost controller isnt it.

Heard many a good thing about those...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is, but personally I'd prefer the Jaycar one, I have one of those with an Autronic boost control solenoid ready to go on my car.
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Wed, 29 June 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are they sluggish??? coz with the 8ish secs from 0 - 100km and mid15 secs 1/4 mile....to me it seems bit sluggish... ive never driven one so i wouldnt know... wat do you guys think??? do they pull hard though... im thinking of looking around for them as i like the old school look plus it comes with all the power options ..... wats the common probs with soarers??? wat will i need to look at when inspecting soarers??? is it hard to source parts for soarers??...any tips thx guys...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is sluggish...

but that's because it's a stocker with a tired automatic transmission, stock boost, no mods other than a pod filter.

get in a manual 1G soarer with the boost at 15psi and a 3 inch exhaust.....

will be markedly different.

yeah, they pull hard though, and once going mine rips along fairly well... just the very low down speed that's the problem. But as JCMF has said once manual you can keep it in the rev range where the car is producing the most power (3000rpm onwards, really... really starts to sing higher in the rev range though)

Don't be fooled, they are heavy cars at around 1500kg... that's a lot for a 2.0L engine to pull around.

But they are great to drive... and once you up the boost a bit or do what JCMF suggested, making the boost come on earlier, they will be a much more drivable car. Great daily driver I can attest to that at least. Smile

going for a cruise along the old pac with friends I can keep up fine, because the pace remains reasonable... if you take one for a test drive (and its an auto) make sure ECT-PWR is on... it does make a fair bit of a difference to how the car drives.

edit: oh yeah, once thing ive noticed with mine compared to other turbo cars i've driven is that the power comes on very linear... its not BOOM a big surge of power... it just increases very linearly from around 3000rpm onwards. but my car has issues and boost should be coming on earlier than that anyway.. ive got to fiddle with my timing more.

having said that, if you just put the boot into it, youll feel it really push you into your seat then.... i just mean from a standing start, its not like its just BOOM POWAH it really comes on nice and manageable, nice and smooth...

however i'd rather it the other way Rolling Eyes
that's why in a year's time I'd like there to be a vvti 1JZ under the hood Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2005 00:33]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indo_bumm wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 09:49

are they sluggish??? coz with the 8ish secs from 0 - 100km and mid15 secs 1/4 mile....to me it seems bit sluggish...

I think you may be suffering the same problem i had. to much TV watching has given you a false belief of speed. Buy you profile your around 19. So my guess is you have never been in a 15 second car. that is pretty quick. Most V8's will run about 15 seconds and the get up and go. i can run 17 and i thought i was flying. But yeah these 1G's go hard. hence why i am putting one in mine Smile

P.S find a Z10 they are so much better ha ha ha
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

think you may be suffering the same problem i had. to much TV watching has given you a false belief of speed. Buy you profile your around 19. So my guess is you have never been in a 15 second car. that is pretty quick. Most V8's will run about 15 seconds and the get up and go. i can run 17 and i thought i was flying. But yeah these 1G's go hard. hence why i am putting one in mine

the thing is that i do know wat 15 secs car is and even lower... ive driven all ma mates r33 , supra and i fink r33 runs like bout 14.4 or so... but i myself had an integra vtir till bout a month ago... and even the vtir runs quick after 4500 rpm and eats v6s like commos and can take the non turbo supra in the first 2 gears...i think with the vtir i should be able to run under 16s rite neva went tu a drag.. shouldve though ey.... and i dunno bout ma profile i dint know if it says 19... ehehhehe thats y im wondering if its sluggish for a 2l twinturbo i guess its bcoz its heavy... but i guess if i get a boost controller it will be better... maybeeh i will only know when i drive one.. Razz i would love to have one though as a daily .. with bit of boost..ehhe

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2005 02:34]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indo_bumm wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 12:29

ive driven all ma mates r33 , supra and r33 runs like bout 16.4 or so...

Whoah. Wait till you sit in a mid 13 - flat 14 second car Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless that r33 was just an NA one i be tipping it being a bit quicker than 16.4 ,i think the integra VTIR would be good for a low sixteen maybe push high 15 if your lucky
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

think you may be suffering the same problem i had. to much TV watching has given you a false belief of speed. Buy you profile your around 19. So my guess is you have never been in a 15 second car. that is pretty quick. Most V8's will run about 15 seconds and the get up and go. i can run 17 and i thought i was flying. But yeah these 1G's go hard. hence why i am putting one in mine

the thing is that i do know wat 15 secs car is and even lower... ive driven all ma mates r33 , supra and r33 runs like bout 16.4 or so... but i myself had an integra vtir till bout a month ago... and even the vtir runs quick after 4500 rpm and eats v6s like commos and can take the non turbo supra in the first 2 gears...i think with the vtir i should be able to run under 16s rite neva went tu a drag.. shouldve though ey.... and i dunno bout ma profile i dint know if it says 19... ehehhehe thats y im wondering if its sluggish for a 2l twinturbo i guess its bcoz its heavy... but i guess if i get a boost controller it will be better... maybeeh i will only know when i drive one

ok whoa. first ... use paragraphs. makes your post easier to read.

secondly, read my last essay size post.

They are only sluggish off the line, and even then my experience is coming from an auto one with a tired transmission.

Once you're already moving, they certainly get up and boogie nice and quickly....

Manual tranny would help the situation MUCH more... not only because less power is lost through the drive train, but because it's easier to keep it in the rev range where it's producing optimum power Smile

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 12:33

ive driven all ma mates r33 , supra and r33 runs like bout 16.4 or so...

Whoah. Wait till you sit in a mid 13 - flat 14 second car Razz

'

I've ridden in my mates' R31 GTS silhouette that did a 13.5 at WSID at drag combat...

FUCk.... Shocked

I tell ya, THAT made my car feel slow. but that's because its putting out double what mine does at the wheels.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then you move on to sit in something that does a 12 second 1/4. Razz
1ggte single turbo in a 70'ish celica... running on gas. Shocked
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

unless that r33 was just an NA one i be tipping it being a bit quicker than 16.4 ,i think the integra VTIR would be good for a low sixteen maybe push high 15 if your lucky

Quote:

Whoah. Wait till you sit in a mid 13 - flat 14 second car

Quote:

ok whoa. first ... use paragraphs. makes your post easier to read.

secondly, read my last essay size post.

They are only sluggish off the line, and even then my experience is coming from an auto one with a tired transmission.

Once you're already moving, they certainly get up and boogie nice and quickly....

Manual tranny would help the situation MUCH more... not only because less power is lost through the drive train, but because it's easier to keep it in the rev range where it's producing optimum power

soweee ijust edit ma post... the r33 run bout 14.4 not 16.4 ishh a typo... ehuehuh relazzz boyss....

n also btw ive been in an M3 which is 265 kw so i do kno very well how a fast car is... ok boyz lets make that clear im not a 16 yr old talking shit bout fast cars.. heheuh Wink we raced a skyline with the m3 and omg... that thing is an animal the m3 had me and other 4... so 5 of us but it was crayzeeeeee.......

and i was just wondering how much psi can i boost the gz soarers without getinng a FMIC... ??..... AS merudo said 15 psi is that alrite without a fmic??... wats the std boost??...

i kno my integra wasnt the fastest car only 126kw stock eventhough i had extrators exhaust, air filter bablaa... but i loved it... it revved nice and handle corners nice... but now im lookin for sumfing cheaper which makes gz soarers very tempting...

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2005 02:50]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they come with a front mount stock...
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eheheh dw im not lookin for a 12 sec car.... although i would love the soarer to be able to get under15s...but yeh i fink im gonna take a look at one this fri if i have time.... any tips???... can soarer engines take lots of KMS... do they need rebuilts ??... wat bout the turbos??... im sorry if im asking lots of questions ehehhee Very Happy ... but i dunno too much bout them and dun wanna buy a lemon... ive been driving honda... so dunno much bout soarers... thx boyzzz
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

they come with a front mount stock...

heheh seee there you go... oopz... so um ure saying its fine to boost the to 15 psi stock???... thats kewl Wink
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one more question guys.... is it hard to source parts for the gz soarers in syd???...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota seems to be able to get most things I guess you just need to know the part numbers.

The 1G engine wasnt used outside of japan though, if you were wondering.

The 1G seems fairly bulletproof, its only when people push them excessively hard, boost them really high or race or drift them when ive heard of people having problems.

But they are a cheap engine, so getting a replacement one if you need to wont set you back much

Fairly economical to run, depending on the heaviness of your right foot Wink
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooo so parts for the gz would have to be imported??.. hmm mite be bit pricey eyy...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not really... in the rare event that you need to get something fixed or replaced toyota should be able to get you the part for a decent price... least thats how its seemed thus far
indo_bumm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooo ok thennnn...... thx heaps mate.. so merudo hows long hav u had ur soarer?? given u neproblems?..
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 89 soarer gz TT specs ??? (power, weight, etc... ) Thu, 30 June 2005 23:59 Go to previous message
well my transmission is tired,so shifts are a bit bumpy sometimes, but that's it really. I need new tyres and suspension so i cant really comment on handling TOO much, because even if I think its good, it must be better for someone who has decent suspension...

(reason why i need new suspension was instead of rebuilding the TEMS suspension, one of the previous owners decided to replace it with pedders suspension!)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ANDRA sport compact series announced
Next Topic:Chatswood Toyota Service Experience
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:28:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055301189422607 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.