Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Seal Grey 92 Rolla (pics)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jaderd
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Seal Grey 92 Rolla (pics) Tue, 21 June 2005 01:51 Go to next message
1992 Seal Grey Corolla
BACKGROUND
hey, names Simon have only owned my corolla for about 18months, got it cheap off my cousin ($4000) as roof and bonnet was faded to the shit. When purcahsed the car had around 170000 on the clock and mechanically is perfect, as my uncle is a mechanic and has serviced it since around 80,000km, just had a new clutch put in it a week before i purchased it.

STEREO COMPONENTS

Stereo components are fairly basic: pioneer headunit 40X4, 300 watt amp running Sony Explode 12 inch sub, two kenwood 3 way 6X9s in the rear and standards in the front at moment.

INTERNAL MODIFICATIONS

Last year purchased steering wheel and gear knob just to make the interior look al little less standard, Has plain front seat covers at the moment

MECHANICAL STATS

Has the basic 4AFE engine in it which will suit me fine till i purchase a new car in about 5 years or decide to keep the corolla and make some mechanical alterations, only alteration is a pod filter to give it a bit of sound under load

PAINT/EXTERIOR

Jan this year i got onto a guy who painted my car, complete respray and baked for 1000 dollars including color coding the bumpers and side strips etc. The only deal was that i had to help do the shitty sanding back and pulling apart of bits and pieces, ie side mirrors and plastic strips. I jumped at the idea as i didnt mind putting in a bit of effort to save big bux, whole process took about 4 days and the finished product is a very nice and straight little corolla with dints taken out also included in cost.
Paint color is the standard SEAL GREY

Recently put on some VX clear side indicators purchsed off ebay, make a fair bit of difference look way better than the standard rectangle amber ones. Have taken some pics will post them up soon

PM me if you want info on the business that i used to paint my car (melbourne area). Ofcourse as usual when something goes good the inevitable happens, two weeks later i rammed the arse of a lady with my car, twisting bumper a little, smashing left headlight and indicator and crimping bonnet up, mmmmmmm very pissed off. Got fixed cheap (same business) didnt replace bonnet as too expensive for me to justify as the paint hadnt flaked at all, just bent it back down hardly noticeable.

ROLLING STOCK
17X7 CSA PURSUIT

Recently got a hold of some 17" rims which i was suprised to find are legal by RTA standards to put on my car, they are CSA pursuit running 205/40/17 falken ziex ZE 512 X2 and ZE 502 X2, (tread purchased from norhwest tires, 2nd hand imported for EUR, 75 to 80 percent tread, 80 dollars each fitted and balanced), total cost of wheels, tires and locknuts/chrome nuts = 500 bux, was sweet as got rims cheap through friend, had no tread left.

FUTURE MODIFICATIONS

Future plans are to maybe do some basic interior modifications, would like to purchase some sportier seats, uncle is a motor trimmer in melbourne so any alterations would be quite easy and cheap to undertake (PM if need work done or have any queries)
Would also like to change my instrument cluster as at moment it has no tacho only speedo, fuel and temp.
Later on down the track when money isnt an issue and i have a job (3rd year uni at moment) may attempt and engine change, probably a 20V silver or black top, not sure havent really looked into it.

Pictures will be up very soon hopefully.

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1119863097.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 09:06]

Send a private message to this user    
jaderd
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Seal Grey 92 Rolla (pics) Mon, 27 June 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics Up finally
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seal Grey 92 Rolla (pics) Thu, 30 June 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Seal Grey 92 Rolla (pics) Thu, 30 June 2005 11:55 Go to previous message
that looks very nice dude Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Supra
Next Topic:[TRD 83] - my GA61 Supra XX
Goto Forum: