Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 02:06 Go to next message
ok. i am draining out all the liquids in the motor, coolant, oil, power steering, and am wondering what the go is with it. i would think that coolant cannot be put down the drain or thrown on the gardens so where can you put it? Also i have run out of empty oil bottles and am aware that fuel is really specific on what you keep it in. i will be throwing it out so it doesn't matter but can i put the oil and stuff just in normal bottles like 2L coke. or washing machine bottles?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Our local recycling service collects oil containers with the recyling every week. Not sure if yours does this.

Otherwise take it to the local tip.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but is any bottle cool to use?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:36

ok. i am draining out all the liquids in the motor, coolant, oil, power steering, and am wondering what the go is with it. i would think that coolant cannot be put down the drain or thrown on the gardens so where can you put it? Also i have run out of empty oil bottles and am aware that fuel is really specific on what you keep it in. i will be throwing it out so it doesn't matter but can i put the oil and stuff just in normal bottles like 2L coke. or washing machine bottles?

Thanks

Ring the EPA office in your state - they often have a site where you can dispose of oil/coolant/pesticides etc for free. The only catch seems to be it's open at odd hours (like tuesday 11 - 3) at only once every couple of weeks.

z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or go down to your local workshop, they should happily dispose of it for you, as they will have the correct dumping procedures etc
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on ur enemie's front lawn and rose garden works well for me Razz

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make friends with your local mechanic and take some beer too when you take the oils. Just make sure he doesn't get them confused.

Hen
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your local waste transfer station has special facilities for disposing of oil etc. I did a dump run last weekend and took my collection of a dozen or so oil bottles full of random used hydrocarbons. They have a big black drum where you pour your oil in and you throw the empties into the general waste area.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to Warragamba dam and tip them in, they arent gonna hurt anyone...

Your local tip should have an area where you can get rid of motor fluids...

In my area, you can put out oil bottles next to your bin on garbage day, aparently a special garbage truck comes round and gets them... I've never seen it though...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i knew our dump has oil disposing features, i just was mainly concerned about the coolant as i wasn't to sure if it had that. but i guess i will check when i take to oil, thanks
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno about where you live, but here in Newcastle there are several servo's that have an oil-disposal bin, you just drop the whole container of oil into the chute. Don't think they did coolant etc though.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuck it all down the drain who needs fish whales anyway !

On the real i was told by my auto tech teacher to just tip the coolant down the kitchen sink as the tanks it goes thru and treatment that water gets should be enough to nuetralize it.

BUT the same guy told me i couldn't put a datsun 1200 gearbox into a 120y. so it's pretty obvious he doesn't know alot of stuff.
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 17:36

Chuck it all down the drain who needs fish whales anyway !

On the real i was told by my auto tech teacher to just tip the coolant down the kitchen sink as the tanks it goes thru and treatment that water gets should be enough to nuetralize it.

BUT the same guy told me i couldn't put a datsun 1200 gearbox into a 120y. so it's pretty obvious he doesn't know alot of stuff.

coolant will become so diluted it wouldn't matter anymore

But i guess if every servo around, did the same thing..we'd have problems Razz

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: disposing of motor liquids Fri, 01 July 2005 08:16 Go to previous message
Just tip the oil over your favourite corner and introduce local motorists to the art of drift Very Happy

(In case you didnt see the cheesy grin smiley Im not serious. Do not do this under any circumstance except when under hostile invasion by alien forces)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Slight water damaged 22
Next Topic:Bees in a can Hilux
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:22:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050020217895508 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.