Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oae-86
Occasional Poster

January 2005
RWD intake and FWD TPS Fri, 01 July 2005 22:28 Go to next message
Hello

I was hoping that someone can help with my question. I have a factory RWD intake and T/body with no TPS. Do I need a RWD TPS or can I use a FWD TPS. If not is there any reason why I can't use the FWD T/body and TPS that I have also. Just to make thing clearer I am fitting an AE82 4age to my Sprinter.

I hope one of you guys can help

Todd
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: RWD intake and FWD TPS Fri, 01 July 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWD/FWD TPS's come in many different part numbers.

You must match the part numbers for them to work properly.

As for matching FWD throttle body's to RWD inlet manifolds - yes it works - but i think you need to make a custom gasket and fill one or two of the holes which don't exactly line up. Other than that - its fine.
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: RWD intake and FWD TPS Fri, 01 July 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive personally used an ae93 type throttle body on an ae86 4ag manifold. the only thing i had to do was drill one extra hole in the throttle body itself. there is an air "gallery" in the manifold itself, that neads to line up with a coresponding one in the tb. all tbs have the gallerys on both sides, but fwd tbs utilize the other gallery. the fwd tb does have the corret gallery in it to be used on a rwd manifold, but the hole that goes into the gallery on the intake side of the throttle butterfly isnt drilled. so you just have to drill a hole into it.

thats probably not too clear, but if you have your manifold and tb infront of you, you should be able to see what im talking about. or send me some pics of your tb, and ill mark on them where you need to drill if you like.
oae-86
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: RWD intake and FWD TPS Sat, 02 July 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will give this a try. I am using the FWD ECU and loom so hopefully it will work. Thanks for the reply.
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: RWD intake and FWD TPS Sat, 02 July 2005 09:09 Go to previous message
itll work Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fuel Comsuption on a 1991 Toyota Soarer V8 LTD (UZZ31)
Next Topic:Floating in the petrol tank
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:35:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055031776428223 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.