Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Fri, 01 July 2005 12:05 Go to next message

I am looking at getting myself a aftermarket ecu for my gtv Levin. But I am not sure which comp to get. I was thinking of a Haltech, or the e-manage. What are they like and are they good enough, plus I am planning doing some serious work on the car in the near future, so I want something that is prgrammable and can be adapted to change.

How are the motecs too? Or are they really expensive?

I am looking at up to $1500 for part but prefer to be closer to $1000.

Send a private message to this user    
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Fri, 01 July 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

U could buy a number of different brands for around the 1200 mark, but unless you plan to have them sit in the passenger seat, u'll need to double your current budget to get it installed and tuned...

No point have aftermarket ecu's if they're not going to be tuned properly... So in this case find some reputable local tuners in your area, and go with what they reccomend...+

Or are you thinking piggy back type set-ups?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Fri, 01 July 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would recomend installing it urself then getting it tuned by a professional as instalation is ova rated and they are not that hard to install.

laterdays and goodluck
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Fri, 01 July 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Motec M4 clubmans go for around $1900 without loom. I can't remember exactly how much the loom was but around $200 sounds right. The M4 pro goes for around $2350.

Eddie.
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Sat, 02 July 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks guys. I will look at purchasing the ecu myself and then if I couldn't be f$#ked I will get someone to install and tune.
Otherwise I might install with an auto electrician mate.

Which brands are you guys running?
And what do you recommend? I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to doing up a NA car.
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Sat, 02 July 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this might be a little expensive but i bought a motec m4 and got a custom loom made and installed as well as gadges and some other misc shit aswell and dino tuned for 4000$

this is for parts and labour, all the wiring in millitary spec so its a bit thicker than normal

this helps stop from melting and other things
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Sat, 02 July 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard a few people who have run wolf systems have had a
lot of success. but its up to your budget.I know that boostin oz
will install and dyno tune an EMS system for a 4age at $1750.
thats what im gonna go with.
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Sat, 02 July 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or this?

:http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg& th=73501&rid=10819&S=aba87efeab31ac2a3e79d cb46061a5ab

GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: What ecu do you recommend for an AE86 JDm spec? Sat, 02 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous message
Ae86dave that link didnt work.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:width and offset ke30
Next Topic:3sge valve stem seals and piston ring questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:52:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042629241943359 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.