Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
probs with gt4 Sun, 03 July 2005 07:10 Go to next message
i bought my beautiful gt4 about 2 days ago and last night when i tried to chnage from 1st to 2nd, i couldnt go into 2nd gear.. ive since released that none of the gears on the bottom of the H pattern work.. ie i cant use 2,4 or reverse gears. However all the other gears(1,3,5) are working perfectly as if nothing is wrong

when i put the gear stick in the slot that would usualy mean it is in 2nd gear it feels as if there is no resistance against the gear stick or in the transmission

Also immediately after i realised 2nd gear wasnt working i pulled over.. 10 secs later i attempted to drive off again and for whateva reason the gears were all working fine again as if nothing had happened at all.. the car was fine for the next 2 hours of driving and i was beginning to thnk that it had just jumped out somehow but on my way home it happened again

this afternoon it worked for about 2kms before once more it all failed again and hasnt come back again

ill be taking it to a mechanic tomorrow.. but can anyone give me an idea of what im in for? or some sort of perspective of whats going on?

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: probs with gt4 Sun, 03 July 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: probs with gt4 Sun, 03 July 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first thing to check would be the shifter linkages.

get someone to try to put it in each gear and get your head under the bonnet and try to see if the linkages are working. I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it from under the bonnet.. you can in normal celicas.. not sure about the gt4s.

the only reason why i suggest that is because you say it feels like there's no 'resistance'

Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: probs with gt4 Sun, 03 July 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you bumped after half an hour!? give ppl time dude!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: probs with gt4 Sun, 03 July 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*woot* solved by Dr/Mechanic TooF... just a reatainer on one of the shifter cables had come out...

Grizzly... time to buy a tool kit and learn to fix it Razz
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: probs with gt4 Sun, 03 July 2005 13:00 Go to previous message
yeh toofs the man

sif, when ur just down the road...

thanks again man
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how to disconnect immobiliser?
Next Topic:Plugs for 7mgte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:37:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054888725280762 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.