Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » how to get torque converter of ceased engine?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
icon5.gif  how to get torque converter of ceased engine? Sat, 02 July 2005 00:08 Go to next message
i am tring to remove an engine from a car that is ceased.
my delemer is i dont want to take the converter out with the motor because ill end up with an oil slick. how do i turn it over? the no 6 piston is rusted stuck it has no head on it too.
i thought of smashing the piston cause i dont need the motor as we have another.
any ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: how to get torque converter of ceased engine? Sat, 02 July 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had to do this a number of times at work. usually when you get under the car and take the cover plate off the gearbox to get to the torgue converter bolts, you can get a crowbar into the flywheel and rotate the engine a little bit at a time. otherwise you have to take the torque converter out with the engine if its REALLY seized (as in a conrod wedged in the block or something similar) so just put a tray under it. if you can be bothered and you really dont want a mess you can take the engine and box out as one then separate after you have it out.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: how to get torque converter of ceased engine? Sat, 02 July 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill try the crowbar
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: how to get torque converter of ceased engine? Sat, 02 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol it must be engine day in pine rivers. i am ripping a motor out to today Smile. I am wanting to rip a motor out with the torque converter on the box as well so please let me know how you went.

Thanks
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: how to get torque converter of ceased engine? Mon, 04 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr
pm sent
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: how to get torque converter of ceased engine? Mon, 04 July 2005 02:04 Go to previous message
seized engine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Intercooler flooded?
Next Topic:ae86 help******
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:31:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047440528869629 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.