Regular

March 2005
Ku Fung lesson Thu, 23 June 2005 14:25 Go to next message
http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos/kungfulesson. html
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Thu, 23 June 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is some fucking funny shit.

I was scarred the bloke might embarass himself.

Too late.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ku Fung lesson Thu, 23 June 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was that shit real or did he just get lucky? He looked like he was pretending and then swung his arms around like crazy until he hit the guy. Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ku Fung lesson Thu, 23 June 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hard to tell with the shitty quality, not enough fps to tell. generally when you wave your arms around like that and don't know what you're doing, any hits you make will not knock someone down in 1 hit Smile
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Thu, 23 June 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not a shaolin/kung fu genius but telling by his posture, balance and stuff it looks quite legitimate.

I was wondering if that was an act lol...

Such a random act
johne
Regular

March 2005
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahah but seriously though who the hell would do that in a fight?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Ahh that guy may be able to prance around like he needs to do a shit quite badly, but he's not much of a martial artist No No No

Plus it looks staged. Very funny to watch tho hehehe

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 03:18]

go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats on skoopy.com
alot better vid image on that site.
funny tho Laughing
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was one huge swing! Shocked Laughing
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looked to me like he was blocking the other dudes hits, then he decided it was time for one of his own.

but yes, very ridiculous stance he has going there.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 00:33

I'm not a shaolin/kung fu genius but telling by his posture, balance and stuff it looks quite legitimate.

I was wondering if that was an act lol...

Such a random act

He got lucky. I've studied Shaolin SUU for about 7 years in the past. His stance is shite. Too much weight on the leading leg and the stance is far far too rigid.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well to me it looks like he trys to coax the guy in to hit him, by having his head a bit forward.

His stance looks a really over exadurated, but his balance still looks okay, it'd just be hard to your lower body while you're like that.

the homeboi in the shorts n' t-shirt seems to just throw some punches at his head, have them deflected, then while he's off balance he gets hit down his centerlink, taking him to the ground.

It kind of looks like the kungfu guy hasn't learnt the application yet but he has a good solid foundation in the basics.

But why didn't he just leave? who knows!

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

But why didn't he just leave?

exactly
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His stance was practically useless, his rhythym was slow and he made himself open to an easy leading leg attack for about half a second almost every second or so. Stance was often too wide, making him easy pickings if you are prepared to move around and behind him, and to top it off - he's showing almost exactly how far his reach is with his leading hand by having it out-stretched infront of him saying 'Grab my hand please and throw me to the ground, my weight is already half way there anyway'.

He looks like he learnt 'Kung Fu' from the Matrix.

Pity the guy he was up against was too inexperienced to take advantage of any of these things, and just tried to take the guy straight up (stupid ass).

I totally agree though, there was no need to fight there - he had an easy escape route. Instead he had to go on some ego-defence trip which has now got him ridiculed all over the net hehehe

n.b. *if I sound agitated it's because I don't like people tooling around pretending to be martial artists to win fights and stuff - it's lame and shoudn't happen.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 24 June 2005 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe that was his strategy?

Seriously...

if you're in a confrontation with someone, and you leave something obviously exposed you can help influence what they're going to do.

this guy straight up takes up a rediculous looking stance..

you said however, that the person could take advantage of this by stepping behind him, however, his stance was so wide that I doubt how you'd go about positioning yourself to be behind him when he was acting so defensively

He had this big, wide open stance, and he left his head out there to get taken off, and when the guy took the bait and swung at his head, his hands got knocked away and the homeboi left himself open.

But, still questioning why he didn't just walk away.. why didn't he stomp the guys head into nothing to atleast finish it properly? Sad I guess cameras hey!

You never know.

If you compare sword schools, they'll laugh at eachother saying "that's wrong!" or "your stance has too many holes" "you're not protected there".. well duh, i want you to attack there!

Or maybe the guy was just really lucky. either way, what he knows seems to have kept him from getting his skull bashed in so that's good! Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Sat, 25 June 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He just got lucky man - there was no intelligent strategy as far as I can see - he's either been shown a few moves from a local instructor, or he's learnt some crap off the movies. If he faced off with any reasonably well trained open-minded street fighter he'd get dropped in a second, he's just lucky he went up against some kind of untrained orthodox right-handed boxer.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Sat, 25 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where do I sign up to become this infamous "street fighter" ?

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Ku Fung lesson Sun, 26 June 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He seems obviously amatureish, and for that, I think he did fairly well.
But it also was obvious was a pride fight, and may have been avoided.
If there was a real need to fight, no one waits and gives time to fix their shoes and shit...
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Sun, 26 June 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Where do I sign up to become this infamous "street fighter"
There are numerous street fighting centre's all over Australia, I believe the one nearest you is on 3 Pedantic St. in the suburb of St. Mart Alec.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Sun, 26 June 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

any reasonably well trained open-minded street fighter

How am I being a smart arse? You said any well trained open minded street fighter would've dropped him in a second. So does this mean you can get training in street fighting? If so, where? What "is" street fighitng?
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Sun, 26 June 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who gives a fuck everyone

it was funny.

Pieman
Regular

February 2005
Re: Ku Fung lesson Mon, 27 June 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats gold! A couple of fly kicks and summersaults would have put the icing on the cake. Laughing
johne
Regular

March 2005
Re: Ku Fung lesson Mon, 27 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.shooshtime.com/clips/video.php?id=5402

now this how a fight should be or.. well.. actually maybe not, at least its not really a fluke like the other dude
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Mon, 27 June 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

who gives a fuck everyone

it was funny.
Ahh violence is always funny to watch hehehe
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Mon, 27 June 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johne wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 23:02

http://www.shooshtime.com/clips/video.php?id=5402

now this how a fight should be or.. well.. actually maybe not, at least its not really a fluke like the other dude

that guy got owned with the left hook!

awesome!
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Mon, 27 June 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 00:29

Was that shit real or did he just get lucky? He looked like he was pretending and then swung his arms around like crazy until he hit the guy. Laughing

It seems to everyone that he was swinging wildly? I dunno.. when I watch it, it looks like he did it on purpose. It looks like the homeboy throws punches, kung fu blocks them with two arms and then swings, then the homeboy throws punches again and then the kung fu guy blocks by throwing two arms up again and swings at him again. Only this time the swing hits him.

It feels setup though because apart from the people watching the whole area is empty.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Mon, 27 June 2005 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL... funny shit. Definitely not Kung fu though. As for what it is, got no idea. Mate of mine trains everyday, he is as fast as bloody lightning. I threw a pen at him once and he snatched it out of mid air... he wasnt even looking at me. Shocked
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Ku Fung lesson Tue, 28 June 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not Kung fu?
hmm
I think it is...
Alot of the fancy wu shu arts have fan like swipe movements.
Do it quick... it has power.... straighten your arm and swing it a few times really quick, you can feel the blood run to the end of your fingetips..
Not best for fullon fighting situation thought unless you have years upon years of training like Wong Fei Hung haha.

U played Tekken I guess people, Ling Xiaoyu uses some similar techniques, and they are based on real techniques I think, as Ive seen them before, I forget there names though..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ku Fung lesson Tue, 28 June 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slightly off topic but did anyone see the aboriginal comedian on the footy show and his kung fu joke was pretty funny
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Tue, 28 June 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it just me or did no one notice the title is spelt wrong?

i just realised! i could of sworn it was kung fu!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ku Fung lesson Tue, 28 June 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah and i even typed it the right way in my post
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Tue, 28 June 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 15:08

is it just me or did no one notice the title is spelt wrong?

i just realised! i could of sworn it was kung fu!

Laughing i dont think anyone's noticed that!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Ku Fung lesson Tue, 28 June 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 10:23

Not Kung fu?
hmm
I think it is...
Alot of the fancy wu shu arts have fan like swipe movements.
Do it quick... it has power.... straighten your arm and swing it a few times really quick, you can feel the blood run to the end of your fingetips..
In regards to those strikes being powerful, it all depends on your physical make-up. If you don't train hard at those strikes then you probably won't be able to knock people out with them (it's pretty unusual to knock someone out with a single hand strike regardless of what you use). It doesn't look like that dude got knocked out anyway. Also those types of strike tend to telegraph themselves - in that they take a while to get there, and if you don't get out of the way or block them, then you probably aren't paying enough attention to your opponent.
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Wed, 29 June 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what was he thinking? "my forms are better than your forms"?
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Wed, 29 June 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He's seen too many MA movies. I would have kicked him in the balls as soon as he did his "takin a turd" squat at the start, just for looking like a spastic. I think it was a bitch slap that he finally connected with to. I've seen young kids have better fights than that.

I think his fight style really is "Ku Fung"!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Ku Fung lesson Wed, 29 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon he probably is some guy who was sick of being picked on or whatever and has taken up some sort of martial arts.you're right bout the straight out arms and the stance being from wu shu origins -there's heaps of them though. It looks to me like he's just started though and doesnt really have the technique.

Either way, lucky hit,some sort of practice and maybe a little bit of an idea - it was funny as hell when the homie was bitch slapped down.

I think fu kung boy needed some pimping powder though
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 01 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like Hung Gar/Chow Gar/White Crane or something similar.

I wouldn't laugh about that arm waving. Executed by a master, they're so strong they can break your arms if you block them wrongly.

That guy though, is just a dick on an ego trip. He's pretty decently skilled (got a few years of training in him), but his attitude needs readjustment.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 01 July 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oi dont pay out the grasshopper dude Laughing
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 01 July 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 14:49

That guy though, is just a dick on an ego trip. He's pretty decently skilled (got a few years of training in him), but his attitude needs readjustment.

Taking alook at the envionment and the fact he is a yankie.. Think the egotrip is to stay! lol
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Ku Fung lesson Fri, 01 July 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally believe the guy has watched lots of martial arts movies and is copying what he's seen. Razz
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Ku Fung lesson Mon, 04 July 2005 06:41 Go to previous message
Both those videos were the best laugh I've had in days! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:pre decimal penny values
Next Topic:looking for a shop in brisbane/qld area
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-