Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Sun, 03 July 2005 05:58 Go to next message
joshstix says it needs to be a very good 20v to produce 100kw at the rear wheels, jsut wondering im pretty sure they produice about 90 at the wheels from what ive read from people on the forums but for no particualr reason i want it to be at about the 100kw mark. ill be running it with a microtech LTX-10 ecu which will be tuned by next dyno day. i was thinking id probaby have to do a bit of head work to squeeze the extra 10kw out of it or can i jsut get the ecu tuned well with some better injectors and some trumpets on the throttle bodies.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Mon, 04 July 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone?

my friend had a blacktop with microtech and a bit of internal work tuned at SAS and he said he got about 140kws at the wheels in his super 7 kit car

wouldnt be that hard to get 100.8 kws@wheels would it?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Mon, 04 July 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dom, i thought i told you before but my mate with the ke25 20v race car has a bigger set of cams, new custom extractors and a ems stinger(i think) and he was running 113rwkw's..
I am sure it would'nt be that hard to get it up that much, just money i guess.
Cheers
Michael
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Mon, 04 July 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hing from Dyno day got 122KW from his verrry nice Sprinter, you could try PM'ing him and see if he reveals any of his secrets. But it appears to be totally possible.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Tue, 05 July 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
usually a stock 20v with a exhuast will make around 95kw at the wheels, ive done a few with nice headers and exhuast systems that have got over 100kw with out touching anything inside the engine,

the key is in the exhuast a nice set of headers does the 20v wounders!
be very carefull with the trumpets most of the time they really hurt the bottom end torque, the ones i have done that have made over 100kw have all had stock trumpets on them

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 03:44]

SecaSX
Regular

April 2003
Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Tue, 05 July 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who makes a good set of extractors for the 20v locally? and of course at a reasonable price.

FWD configuration.

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Tue, 05 July 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea, 4age ones will fit with a change in the flange plate, so find a nice set of 4age ones and then change the flange to suit
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Tue, 05 July 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take a look at Dyno Day History. There's eleven dyno days worth of results there and quite a few 20V's listed.

There are several 20V's that have run in the 60-90KW zone. I really don't think you'll see triple figures with stock management on either a silver top or a black top. With programmable management, a good intake and exhaust, on a healthy engine 100KW should be reasonably acheivable.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Tue, 05 July 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 75 RWkws

I've asked the same question to several mechanics and this is sum of the input i have gotten

cams and camgears and a bit of head work. I think u might have to do the shims or sumthing. That would probably produce your 100 RWkws comfortably, but i've heard the VVT has to be disabled if u change the cam gears. And a decent exhaust

Plus if u dun all these modifications it would be quite costly.

On top of my head:
TODA cams are around $1500 a pair
TODA cam gears $550
Head work anywhere between 500 to $1500 (depending if u do most of the work pulling the motor apart)
Custom Exhaust/HiflowCat/Extractors $1000
Other(maintenence/shims/upratedvalvesprings/etc) $600

Just a ball park figure of around $4500 on top of the motor

Correct me if im wrong about any of this

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: What would it take to get a 20v to 100rwkw? Tue, 05 July 2005 06:43 Go to previous message
Cams and cam gears can be gotten muchos cheaper than that. The rest of the list looks about right.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 aircon
Next Topic:Advancing ignition timing - 1G
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:36:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048911571502686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.