Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Sat, 02 July 2005 11:49 Go to next message
Hey guys, i am just wondering if anyone out there has done this, my 4age is in and i have a few ideas on how to set it up but just wondering if there is someone who has found an easy way to do it or any helpful tips?? Also the clutch master has to be on the right of the brake master insteasd of the left as it will have no room...
Here is a pic, the circle shows where it will have to be mounted
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1473/itisin2copy6yb.jpg
Cheers
Michael

[Updated on: Sun, 03 July 2005 05:24]

Send a private message to this user    
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Sun, 03 July 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Sun, 03 July 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
michael (and i'm only guessing here) i'd go to a wreckers and get a pedal box from a TA22 and try utilising that (given the ke25 and the ta22 are similar vintage)

as one of the bolts that holds the clutch master on is part of the pedal box assy this should fit fine and mount the master up in a good location.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 04 July 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks, but i have all the parts the problem is hooking up the master cylinder... You can see in the pic that behind the inlet plenum is the brake master(tight fit) but where the clutch master should go there is not enough room... So anyone know how to hook it up?
Cheers
Michael
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 04 July 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutch master is much smaller than brakes tho, so chance are it may still _just_ fit?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 04 July 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On my ke25 we modified the original pedal box, fitted the clutch slave cylinder in the location of the original brake master cylinder and fitted a small booster and master cylinder where you have circled in your pic. All works and fits well in my car. I am using a TA22 clutch master cylinder (AE86 would be fine too), and TA22 booster and brake master cylinder (new one used). I have tried to take pics of the pedal box to help people before and I don't think the pics turn out well enough to be of use.

If you follow my path the reinforce the fire wall where you mount the brake booster/master to minimise firewall flex.

You can have a look at my car on Sunday if you have not sorted it out by then.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 04 July 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright i have a few ideas... I'll try and work something out.. Yeah the clutch master is smaller than booster. it would be a really tight fit...
Alright thanks shane, i'll bring my camera too.
Also i was thinking could it be driveable if you mounted it under the dash?
CHeeers
Michael
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 04 July 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are more a few ways to skin a cat! I am sure you will think of something to set all this up. Just make sure it is practical! Fitting the master cylinder under the dash can work, but you must make sure you are still able to fill the reservoir with fluid in a relatively easy manner.

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 04 July 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks i was working on it today and there is no room for it to fit in the normal position so that idea is out...
Kehamer is sending me a pic of how he set his clutch up with the 4age, so i'll see how that looks,
Thanks for your help guys... also if anyone has any more ideas please let me know,
Cheers
Michael
slapper
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Tue, 05 July 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any reason you don't want to just stick with the cable?
changing the clutch fork pull to push is simply a matter of
mounting the cable sheath on the fork and the cable itself
behind the fork ... this "pulls" the fork toward the rear
rather than toward the front.

of course ... there may be a pretty decent reason to stick
with hydraulic that 'm siply missing Smile

Slapper
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Tue, 05 July 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cos thats an ultra bodgy way of doing it Wink

due to the angle the sheath contacts the fork changing with fork movement, the sheath will be bent every time you change the clutch, and will also rub on the cable every time... this WILL eventually result in failure...

i hate clutch cable failures Sad

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Tue, 05 July 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i don't wanna stuff around with the clutch cable, plus i have an extra heavy duty clutch and supposedly the clutch cables can't really take that much pressure.
Anyone else got any ideas?
Cheers
Michael
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Tue, 05 July 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well..

take the stock setup (if it is anything like the 10's) where the clutch pedal connects to a rod that goes through the pedal assembly pivot (if that makes sense) so that the arm that activates the clutch cable is on the drivers side.. turn that arm around 180degrees, so that instead of pulling, it is now pushing, and then hook up the cluthc masters pushrod to this arm.. basically, same as having the CMC on passenger side of MC, but is now on drivers side...

alternatively, you could extend it even further away from motor.. but then you might want a support bearing to stop the whole pedal assembly from bending..

firewall bracing is definitely the go tho.. even with stock setup they can crack eventually.
after that, you are lookign at remote linkage setups... like in dattos or was that accel?? there are some cars with remote brake master assemblies (not the remote booster.. mech linkage to the master..)

cya, Stewart
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Tue, 05 July 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats wat i needed Stuart, something to hook up to that mechanism... I'll have a look at that tomorrow and hopefully it should work.
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 01 August 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WEll finally i managed to hook up my clutch using 'Kehamers'(James') method. if anyone wants pics or how to setup ot up just ask,
Cheers
Michael
ke1500
Regular

October 2002
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 01 August 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 15:09

well..

take the stock setup (if it is anything like the 10's) where the clutch pedal connects to a rod that goes through the pedal assembly pivot (if that makes sense) so that the arm that activates the clutch cable is on the drivers side.. turn that arm around 180degrees, so that instead of pulling, it is now pushing, and then hook up the cluthc masters pushrod to this arm.. basically, same as having the CMC on passenger side of MC, but is now on drivers side...

alternatively, you could extend it even further away from motor.. but then you might want a support bearing to stop the whole pedal assembly from bending..

firewall bracing is definitely the go tho.. even with stock setup they can crack eventually.
after that, you are lookign at remote linkage setups... like in dattos or was that accel?? there are some cars with remote brake master assemblies (not the remote booster.. mech linkage to the master..)

cya, Stewart

No room to rotate the clutch master cylinder lever thing 180 deg. If you did it, it would pivot that high up that you'd have to mount the master cylinder in the gutter under the windscreen.

I used 5mm plate for no flex and mounted a KE30 pedal lever thing with a few holes drilled here and there. CMC sits in the normal spot, and there is no interference problems with a 4AGE in KE10
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch Mon, 01 August 2005 12:23 Go to previous message
YEah good point but my mounts were made shithouse so you look at the pic up the top and you can see that there is no room for the cmc in the normal spot. that is the hole point of hooking something else up.
Michael
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:5 speed ke 10 (Driveshaft problems)
Next Topic:Best brand of coilover springs?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:05:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007627010345459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.