Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Mon, 04 July 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will happen for you sean.

still cant wait to see these videos though.
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Mon, 04 July 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant be too upset about that, i'd be cheering

start taking out a folder and a big notepad, get someone to write down everything for you, where u feather it, distance and time of burnout, what gear, maybe splurge on a infrared temp guage for the tyres and the track, and also use that on the plenum after a run, then u can really start to compare ALL the data
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Mon, 04 July 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah-I'll have to start datalogging the runs and paying close attention to tyre pressures and launch techniques from now on. I didn't bother datalogging on sunday as I just wanted to focus how the car was feeling, stability, reliability etc. How many PSI it ran, RPM, ign timing etc will come next time.

I'm gonna need to sort this out for when I wind it to 22psi on the racing fuel. If I don't I really will be in trouble....I may even need to retard the boost in 1st and second.
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Random Pictures....... Mon, 04 July 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img286.echo.cx/img286/6374/bdt2psivpwr3dm.jpg

http://img192.echo.cx/img192/9963/air40zv.jpg

http://img192.echo.cx/img192/1567/air30xv.jpg

http://img192.echo.cx/img192/8013/air28gl.jpg

http://img153.echo.cx/img153/8363/ballastsmall0rb.jpg

http://img286.echo.cx/img286/4848/benair19ec.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Mon, 04 July 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sean...just curious

how did you get it down to the track?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Random Pictures....... Tue, 05 July 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're lucky its fucking fast, cause its ugly as shit, then again, i have its little brother, the corona Confused

whats with the up and down dyno graph

nice flat AFR tho
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Tue, 05 July 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy crap! How did you get your AFR that flat?
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Tue, 05 July 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 17:13

Holy crap! How did you get your AFR that flat?

Sensor sitting on the floor ... (not in tailpipe)?

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Tue, 05 July 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great effort Sean,

truly fast cars always take time to develop. Just take it one step at a time and the results will come.

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Tue, 05 July 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its boost not AFR thats how.

Anyway how did you get your boost that flat? Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Tue, 05 July 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah and if it was afr i'd be a bit worried cos that'd be a bit lean Surprised PSI hmmm ain't it great to be able to read
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Tue, 05 July 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It goes to the races on a trailer-and although some consider it a badge of honour to drive there on the road, once a car is getting pushed this hard-I don't fancy gambling with needing a tow truck to get home......

Ugly? Ugly you say? Yup-I agree.....Although with the decent bonnet on and no scoop it will scrub up a bit better. I also have most of the chromework in storage.

The bumps in the power curve are mainly a slightly messy ignition map. It needs another go on the dyno for timing refinement on this boost and tune. As for the boost control, it's like that due to the twin wastegates and precision pressure regulator I used. The underside of the gates has manifold pressure, and the top has regulated pressure from the reg. Upshot is that I get that boost stability without any electonic control needed.

Just got to get it to hook up now! I'll probably go out on aug 21 next-hopefully it'll be a bit stickier............
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Crown Progress...(1st dyno session update) Wed, 06 July 2005 05:49 Go to previous message
LOL I didn't look at the graph closely enough...but still the boost curve is very flat, gotta be happy with that Smile

Car looks gorgeous too!
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Crown at AIR Street Meet Videos
Next Topic:*CAUTION* Not a Toyota but a hOt Audi
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 14:03:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075318813323975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.