Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 5/7/05 TRD Speedo & HKS Extrators*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 5/7/05 TRD Speedo & HKS Extrators* Thu, 14 April 2005 13:04 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

Well it's early days yet, the pictures arn't the best quality but I just had to get a few online. This arvo I picked up my very own JZA80!

Got a few issues to sort out, but the car is in next to perfect condition, some new tyres this weekend, get rid of the red floormats, oil change, plugs change, coolant change and it should be all good Very Happy

Details

1996 JZA80 SZ-R

Engine

2JZ-GE
HKS CAI
HKS Extractors
High Flow Cat
Sports Exhaust

Transmission

6Spd Manual
Torsen LSD

Rolling Stock

17" Alloys(with dish Very Happy)

Interior
TRD 320Km/h full scale speedo
Nice grippy material for the front seats
Black leather for rear seats

Exterior

Stock Front Bar
Bomex Side Skirts
Veilside Pods

Music Stuff
Alpine 6" Split System X 2(one set front, the other rear)
Alpine 400W Amp
Alpine 6CD Stacker
Kenwood Head Unit

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/rear_side.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/side.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/tm_logo.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/gear_stick.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/amp.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/wheels.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/front_2_web.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/supra_ass_web.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/side_web.jpg

Damn 17x9's looks small on Supras Confused

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 09:37]

Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure ill see it around the north shore, ill give you a maniacal wave if i do see it.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea you will, thats for sure, if you don't see it you'll hear it coming Rolling Eyes We havn't met up yet, should have a North Shore gathering some time.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you you finally got the jza80, and a fine one it is Cool, can we ask how much you paid for it?.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

this looks like a beast...make sure u post some decent pics for all to see. congratulations.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one mate, I dread to ask the fate of your poor sw20 though..

Edit: just saw your signature, poor poor sw20

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 22:09]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20... JZA80...

i hate you all Laughing

AND HES ON HIS GREEN P's

Surprised

Nice car mate!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I could actually keep both(dollars and cents wise...), but parents arn't too keen on 4 cars at home, even though Dad likes driving the SW20, so it's gotta go, don't get me wrong I love SW20's and would buy in again in a flash, but the JZA80 is just something else!

smt_007 : You can't ask how much I paid for it Razz but I will say that I bought it cheaper than some 5 Spd Supra's with 100,000+ Km's on them....so I got a verrry good deal.

Merudo : You can't hate me too much you've got a TT Soarer that would probably spank this off the line. Yes I'm on my green P's(only for another 5 months!!!!), but I'm 22 Rolling Eyes should have been on my full licence 4 years ago!(but I was lazy...)

davedave: In the future when the missus wants to buy a house, the car will have to go and I'll get another SW20 to terrorize the streets with Very Happy

More pics on the weekend
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 08:21

Merudo : You can't hate me too much you've got a TT Soarer that would probably spank this off the line. Yes I'm on my green P's(only for another 5 months!!!!), but I'm 22 Rolling Eyes should have been on my full licence 4 years ago!(but I was lazy...)

This aint no 1JZ soarer pal... this be a 1G-GTE soarer

Plus its an auto...

I don't think there will be any spankings, except maybe from your 2JZ Wink

Still im happy with my car but as you said, JZA80's are just something else!!
Shocked
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G-GTE's r TT soarers Razz

edit: awesome car too im jealous Mad i plan to get a tt jza80 as my next car but that'll be a while hehe

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 23:09]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 09:08

1G-GTE's r TT soarers Razz

Iknow... CT12's.

my comment was mainly addressing the fact that he said i'd beat him off the line

i was just tellin him how thats unlikely Cool Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Thu, 14 April 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess I just assumed that no matter what the engine TT's usually give the advantage, who knows? Can't stop driving it at the moment, much fun! Very Happy
Jabbott
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Fri, 15 April 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My god man. You've been saving up the dollars for this one. Looks very nice. You'll have to show us some time. Haven't seen you in a fair while.

I finally got around to actually registering for this forum. Soon enough I'll actually become a paying member.

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Fri, 15 April 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah Jabbot how you doing mate? This is the best forum you'll ever join! The guys know heaps and the cruises arn't half bad either.

Yea I've been saving my pretty pennies for a while, a nice step up from my MR2.

Least I took the sensible route buying cars, had a Celica with a 2T-GEU speed was OK, then moved up to a MR2 with a 3S-GE where the speed was great, but the Supra with a 2JZ is just amazing!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Fri, 15 April 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The SZR came with a 6 speed from factory?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Fri, 15 April 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice buy nathan Very Happy
i'm sure i'll see you around the area if not up the old road
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Fri, 15 April 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 16:45

The SZR came with a 6 speed from factory?

Yep, can't remember whether it was an option or not though.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Fri, 15 April 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The SZR has 6 spd manual and LSD factory, SZ had LSD as an option and only came in a 5 spd, well as far as I've read, although I'm no Supra expert yet.... Info from here

1993 Brochure

SZ 16" wheels, 5M or 4A (optional LSD)
RZ 16" wheels, 6M or 4A (Torsen LSD on 6 speed)(optional LSD on auto)
GZ 16" wheels, 4A (Torsen LSD)

1996 Brochure
SZR 16" wheels, 6M (Torsen LSD)
RZS 16" wheels, 6M or 4A (Torsen LSD on 6 speed)(optional LSD on auto)
RZ 17" wheels, 6M (Torsen LSD)
no GZ

1999 Brochure
SZR 16" wheels, 6M (Torsen LSD)
RZS 16" wheels, 6M or 4A (Torsen LSD on 6 speed)(optional LSD on auto)
RZ 17" wheels, 6M (Torsen LSD)
no GZ

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 15:24]

rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Sat, 16 April 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol this looks like my car......... but yours is much cooler especially with the 6 speed!!!!
lsd too

nice buy mate

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Mon, 18 April 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, got new tyres today and while it was on the ramps I noticed it had Bilstein Shocks front and back Very Happy All 4 wheels were a little out of alignment and now that that's been resolved it's actually handling pretty well Very Happy Very Happy

muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Tue, 19 April 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Car!

Shame your 2 has to go though Sad

levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Wed, 20 April 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm Yeah man.......!!

Looks HOT!
The Logical Upgrade from the MR!!!

So it is the Twin Turbo Right??
Manual Too huh...........

Nice man!
Will have too come and check it out....!!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Wed, 20 April 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey levos, nah sadly not TT, I wanted a car that was at least 1995+ and have done <80K Km's. A TT didn't fit into my budget with those specs. Next car will be a TT JZA80 or a SW20 GT....but for now this is plently of N/A power, a lot more than the SW20 believe me! It's a 6 Speed manual so it's got some funky gear ratio's too.

Muzzi, I'm sad to see my 2 go Sad It's probably the best handling car I've ever driven/been in but it's just not possible to keep both. Like I said earlier, when I move outa home the JZA80 will go, and the obvious choice for a replacement is back to the trusty SW20 Very Happy But 4 seats is becoming an issue, and the JZA80 at least gives me the option to squeeze people in the back.
reddy sx
Regular

November 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Fri, 22 April 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car alchemist, the JZA80's r really ncie cars to drive heh, and have a lot of power Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Sun, 01 May 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some new pics in the original post added. Also new floormats and leather gear boot ordered...yay to get rid of the nasty NOS floormats!
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Mon, 02 May 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 06:21

Well I could actually keep both(dollars and cents wise...), but parents arn't too keen on 4 cars at home, even though Dad likes driving the SW20, so it's gotta go, don't get me wrong I love SW20's and would buy in again in a flash, but the JZA80 is just something else!

smt_007 : You can't ask how much I paid for it Razz but I will say that I bought it cheaper than some 5 Spd Supra's with 100,000+ Km's on them....so I got a verrry good deal.

davedave: In the future when the missus wants to buy a house, the car will have to go and I'll get another SW20 to terrorize the streets with Very Happy

More pics on the weekend

You'd dump the supra for a .. house? Razz

hehe.. and yea.. i know what your about with your licence, i'm 19 and i don't have mine yet.. (Shock horror.) Very nice ride man.. Well done Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Sun, 08 May 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know how you've just washed your car, and it looks really good, well I took some pics, some in original post, some here. Can I also point out the red NOS floormats are going as soon as my embroidered Supra ones arrive Very Happy

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/lhs_door.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/rear_wheels.jpg

Damn 17" wheels look small on Supras Confused

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/ass_side.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/int_lhs.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/int_rhs.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 08 May 2005 06:31]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Sun, 08 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 23:10

Yea you will, thats for sure, if you don't see it you'll hear it coming Rolling Eyes We havn't met up yet, should have a North Shore gathering some time.

sounds good

Nice looking Supra youll have to take me for a spin sometime

BTW if you pm me your mobile number i can give you a call so i can give you your tape back
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Sun, 08 May 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha.. you got the same pedals as me Very Happy hehehe
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 09 May 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kool, the interior will look a lot better when I change the floor mats to black, the gear boot to black and put in the blank I've got. I'm going to do it all in one hit, dont want to pull the console apart too many times.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 09 May 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 19:10

Kool, the interior will look a lot better when I change the floor mats to black, the gear boot to black and put in the blank I've got. I'm going to do it all in one hit, dont want to pull the console apart too many times.

Are they genuine floor mats you're getting?
If so, where from? I've wanted some mk4 supra floor matts for AGES

BTW, nice ride Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 09 May 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm getting these

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/42/4c/53_1_b.JPG

They won't be a perfect fit, but should be OK, and a dman site better than I've got.

Also the guy from Motorquip in Hornsby sourced some for me, but I'd already bought these, so you could try Motorquip out.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 09 May 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
* opens up bonnet *

"two JAY ZEE!!! this thing will own all before it !"

All it needs now is the drift wing , the big knight thing on the side , and a tacho the size of your head and youd be the envy of evy 16 year old out there !

Seeing its already got NOS too Smile

hehehe _ just kidding mate - Sweet SWEET ride Smile Sounds like you got a bargain and a half with all the goodies bar for that cost producing snail strapped to her Smile

Keep it on the grey stuff and away from the things with branches Wink

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 09 May 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

OK, no drift wing, no monster tacho & no big knight(although I am open to tasteful vinyl, but I've already got a big Supra across the windscreen(previous owner), I figure that's enough.

I'm spending money to take this thing back to something closer to stock Embarassed getting rid of the pod for example....
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 09 May 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now you REAAAALy sure theyc ant spot its a supra without that monster sticker ?

I mean dude if you have a huge window sticker ona supra - its got to be TRD or HKS Wink

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 09 May 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funnily enough most of the people at my work think it's brand new and $40K+(until I point out it's like 9 years old and cheaper than the new hyundai 4WD they just bought) and have no idea what it is Cool so maybe the sticker helps Evil or Very Mad .

I'm contimplating removing it, but it's slowly growing on me so we'll have to see....

If I start putting a shopping list down the side slap me...
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Sat, 14 May 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good Very Happy should meet up some time

on the topic of shopping lists i saw a charade with "pick and payless" on the side hahahhaa
JZA80Supra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Wed, 25 May 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 08:29

Alchemist wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 08:21

This aint no 1JZ soarer pal... this be a 1G-GTE soarer

Plus its an auto...

I don't think there will be any spankings, except maybe from your 2JZ Wink

Still im happy with my car but as you said, JZA80's are just something else!!
Shocked

Trust me dude 1GGTE Soarers are faster than 2JZGE Supras.. I own one and got beaten by my mates soarer numerous times!! Laughing Laughing Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Wed, 25 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there is only one way to tell Merudo we need to meet up at WSID sometime. I honestly reckon that there wouldn't be much between them....I'll have a my new clutch in tomorrow too Very Happy
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 30 May 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude that's sooooooo nice hmm that's exactly what I want but can't afford it right now.. Anyway so you got your MR2 for sale?

Have you already Sold the MR2?

Again congrats on the buy very frigging nice car...made me smile when I saw it so could only imagine what you like when you driving it Smile

Cheers Matt

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 04:40]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 30 May 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matt,

Yea mate, sadly the SW20 had to go to finance this beast. I sold the MR2 ages ago, it went 5 days after me advertising it, I was surprised to say the least as I've seen some sitting online still for sale after a month.

Thanks for the props Smile I've got some new interior pics of my work on the weekend Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Mon, 30 May 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the interior now looks infinately better, it doesn't make the car go any faster, but it hurst my eyes less.

Anyway here is a before and after shot. Red vinyl shift boot replaced with black leather one. Red nasty NOS floormats replaced by MK IV fitted Black ones embroidered with Supra in silver to match the paint on the car Very Happy

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/interior.jpg

Here is another shot of the mats & shift boot, came up really nicely.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/mats.jpg
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 30/5/05* Thu, 02 June 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MUCH better...Smile

Looks good...always have a soft spot for Supras.

M
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 30/5/05* Sat, 02 July 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Installed a TRD Full Scale Speedo Today, goes to 320Km's now Smile Here are some pics

1) Hmmm messy dash

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/TRD/1.jpg

2) Cluster Out

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/TRD/2.jpg

3) Evidence for Km's travelled and comparison

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/TRD/3.jpg

4) Installed into Cluster

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/TRD/4.jpg

5) The finished product

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/TRD/5.jpg
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Sun, 03 July 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so did you have to get your speedo reset or calibrated?
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Sun, 03 July 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate it's got a genuine 34Km's on it at the moment Wink

Nah honestly though, there is a VDO instruments shop near me that can add the 88K Km's needed to make the odo right.

Failing that I've obviously kept the old speedo and when I sell the car I'll just say well take this 88K Km's and add whatever is on there and that's how many Km's it's travelled.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Sun, 03 July 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car looks tops mate Very Happy

One of the cleanest examples i've ever seen....great work!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 8/5/05* Sun, 03 July 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 22:26

Well there is only one way to tell Merudo we need to meet up at WSID sometime. I honestly reckon that there wouldn't be much between them....I'll have a my new clutch in tomorrow too Very Happy

oh its awwwwwn Evil or Very Mad Laughing

but i have to buy a new window first... then ill go. Razz
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Mon, 04 July 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 20:04

Mate it's got a genuine 34Km's on it at the moment Wink

Nah honestly though, there is a VDO instruments shop near me that can add the 88K Km's needed to make the odo right.

Failing that I've obviously kept the old speedo and when I sell the car I'll just say well take this 88K Km's and add whatever is on there and that's how many Km's it's travelled.

i was asking because if your old speedo needle was strait up u
were do 100km right? but now if it was strait up you would be doing 160km? is that right or is the speed sender different.
(sorry hard to explain)
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Mon, 04 July 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig, I know what you mean. It's not just a new face, it's a whole new speedo unit. You don't need to change the speed sensor, it just seems to work out of the box, don't know the scientifics of why.

I've checked it up with my GPS and it's right on the money.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Mon, 04 July 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You just need more power and less weight now Razz
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Tue, 05 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glad you know what i meen Wink
have a look at this its is just a little video of a MAD windy road right near my back door.
http://www.users.on.net/~evolution/DSCF0678.AVI
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists JZA80 SZ-R Supra *new pics 2/7/05 TRD Speedo* Tue, 05 July 2005 09:33 Go to previous message
OK, it's been a very eventful 2 weeks. In answer to Glenn's point above of "more power" I have certainly made good strides in that direction.

I picked up a nice set of wrapped HKS extractors last week, unfortunately I couldn't get them on for Dyno day, but I got the installed today, and WOW, the difference isn't just a little bit noticeable, it's amazing Shocked The engine now revs very freely, and reminds me of being in my mates celica with VVTi, my Supra gets to 3500 RPM, and then woooooosh all the way up to redline very fast. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyone with a N/A 2JZ go grab a set of extractors now!!!!!!

1) All the old bits that got pulled out, the old headers, the resonator box for the air intake(I woulda liked to have kept this, but it was deemed a fire hazard being so close to the extractors), Old cat.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/Ext/11out.jpg

2) A nice view of the front of the engine bay

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/Ext/1front.jpg

3) A shot of my pod, and you can just see the wrapped extractors(white)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/Ext/2angle.jpg

4) More extrators

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/Ext/3extractors.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/Ext/4extractors.jpg

Bring on next Dyno Day!

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Team T18
Next Topic:My KE35 Coupe.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:38:16 UTC 2024