Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jkvsnn
Regular

June 2002
More power, better economy hahaha Tue, 05 July 2005 10:08 Go to next message
haha,

tonight on the telly one of the current affairs shows had an article on how to save money on your fuel bill blah blah.
They showed a product from a company called "Fitch". They call it a "fuel catalyser". 10% better economy, more power and less emmisions haha. what cr@p...isn't it?

Surely not otherwise everyone would have them. where does a major TV network get off prmoting this kind of snake oil stuff.

bastards.
  Send a private message to this user    
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Tue, 05 July 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.fitchcatalyst.com.au

www.customfuelcatalyst.com

I have seem this tested on a late corolla , yes even the engineers that where doing the testing dummied up a empty canister for fitting at the independant dyno tests . And yes 10% where the results Wink
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Tue, 05 July 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We where like WTF after , and i commented why fit it to a fuel efficient car anyway

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 10:15]

Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They made no mention of what it actually does, except "it makes the fuel burn better in the engine". And they claim it to last the lifetime of the car Rolling Eyes

It's probably made by the same people as the hiclone's...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find it bulls*it.. i watched it and how possibly can u improve performance and increase economy at the same time. i think it is like most things its all in there minds. all i can see it being is another form of pressure regulator.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err you can increase performance and get better economy by using some performance chips depending on the car. Ie GEN 3 V8's run very rich stock more power can be produced by leaning them out a bit yet still improving economy at the same time Wink
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "fitch" is meant to "catalyse" the fuel...
But I don't see how that works... Those who know what a catlyst is, might under stand...

It's meant to basically make the fuel into a finer "mist" in the fuel line, YET, in the fuel line it's still complete liquid... They're trying to say it sends the fuel into a "gas" which is what the injector does when it injects it...

Also, if the fuel burns cleaner and quicker, you will need less fuel for the same power etc... Therefore, on cruising, less throttle needed to maintain speed... Therefore, less fuel...
But at WOT, the same amount of fuel as before gets in, but burns better... Hence... More power...
But they only increased power by 7KW on a Landcruiser... I've seen cars make 10-15KW difference just between dyno runs...

Smells like bullshit to me
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm saving fuel by restricting the amount of fuel to the engine. Sounds like a great idea to me Razz

Every few months one of these BS stories emerges on ACA (it's right up there with the "Which diet really gets the best results?" stories)

If these devices worked without harming the car (and they have been around for years), wouldn't every manufacturer fit them standard to every new car, so that they could claim improved fuel economy?

PS - I think ACA should be renamed to RCA "Recurrent Affair", since they rehash the same stories every couple of months.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err this one was today tonight but yeah they all run equally bs stories claiming weird and wonderful things. Wink
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Matty P wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 17:17

If these devices worked without harming the car (and they have been around for years), wouldn't every manufacturer fit them standard to every new car, so that they could claim improved fuel economy?

You'd be surprised at the number of energy conserving inventions that have been invented.

A lot of these things actually work. The reason you rarely see them is because it is not in the interests of large petroleum cartels to have such devices. They want your car to suck in petrol so you keep buying it and they keep getting money.

If you invented something really cool that could increase power and save petrol, and the big petrol cartels approached you and offered you tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to shut-up and hand the patent over to them, I bet you'd think about it.

Once the cartels have your invention and ownership of your patent, they put it away - possibly to never see the light of day.

Same with electrical devices, free energy devices, over-unity engines... the list goes on. All great inventions that would save us money (and help save the planet) but alas are not good for business and profits, so you don't see them.

Way back when Edison invented the light bulb, he also invented one that never burns out. Have you ever seen that particular bulb on sale? No, 'cos it's a profit killer.

seeyuzz
river
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone with a spare few hundred try it and post up the dyno runs already! possibly someone from the club could contact the supplier to run our own independant tests at the next dyno day?
vin91
Regular

August 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Kyosho wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 15:40]The "fitch" is meant to "catalyse" the fuel...
But I don't see how that works... Those who know what a catlyst is, might under stand...

It's meant to basically make the fuel into a finer "mist" in the fuel line, YET, in the fuel line it's still complete liquid... They're trying to say it sends the fuel into a "gas" which is what the injector does when it injects it...

Incorrect "A Catalyst Is something that is the primary means to effecting a change apon something" In theory what they are saying is that it dissolves "breaks up" the Gum's and other waste chemicals in fuel. allowing it to burn better. as this is on a moleculer level this would "in theory" allow better burn.

However it is yet to be seen whether it does work.
arasta
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
recurrent affair seems to be MOST appropriate for these sorts of 'programs'.

That said, mention the 'fitch' to Dan of Dansdata.com and see what he says. hes far better at debunking crap than anyone ive seen (and lots of ppl ask his advice on these things, mainly cos the response is very entertaining + useful).

im sure the result will be extremely illuminative and put ARA etc to shame (A Recurr.. Aff)

and yes hes even debunked overunity devices etc - no need for oil company etc conspiracy theories. id be surprised at the number of better energy options there are than fossil fuels - yes!

that a lot of these gimcrack things DONT work? NO! no surprise there..no need for $$$ to kill an idea when it can kill itself quite adequately.

Cheers!

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 11:30]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 17:28

Hi,

Matty P wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 17:17

You'd be surprised at the number of energy conserving inventions that have been invented.

A lot of these things actually work. The reason you rarely see them is because it is not in the interests of large petroleum cartels to have such devices. They want your car to suck in petrol so you keep buying it and they keep getting money.

If you invented something really cool that could increase power and save petrol, and the big petrol cartels approached you and offered you tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to shut-up and hand the patent over to them, I bet you'd think about it.

Once the cartels have your invention and ownership of your patent, they put it away - possibly to never see the light of day.

Same with electrical devices, free energy devices, over-unity engines... the list goes on. All great inventions that would save us money (and help save the planet) but alas are not good for business and profits, so you don't see them.

Way back when Edison invented the light bulb, he also invented one that never burns out. Have you ever seen that particular bulb on sale? No, 'cos it's a profit killer.

seeyuzz
river

Wow - that's quite a conspiracy theory you've developed there!

Somehow I think there is a simpler explanation.

ARA... Today Yesterday.... they are all the same!
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

seeyuzz
river

Thomas Edison didn't invent the light bulb, he redesigned it so that the filament wouldn't burn out as quickly. What he did invent was the power grid to power the light bulb.
River, you should have known that cause wern't you around when arc lamps were shone into the clouds to advertise all sorts of crap. And arc lamps have been around longer then the humble filament bulb. Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ot I know, but they had overunity engines on myth busters this week...
feistl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys i didn't see the report, but if its the device I'm thinking about it does actually increase fuel efficiency and power. The results are better on older cars. Basically the device Heats up the fuel to a higher temperature. Best example i can give is on really cold mornings there is a low heavy fog in the air, you can see and feel how "wet" the air feels. Its almost droplets in the air rather than a mist. Its the same with fuel. The more "mistier" (and yes i can invent words) the fuel is the better combustion and explosion resulting in higher performance.

Therefore less fuel is needed to produce the same power. Thats how better fuel efficiency is created.

Say for example 15% throttel produced 100KWS without the device, after the device is installed it may only need 10% throttle to produce the same 100kws. So if we use the original 15% throttle we get more power, say 115Kws for example.

It works better on older cars where the injectors are older or less advanced. On newer cars it doesn't make much difference because the engines are all ready optimized.

I hope this helps.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've heard this conspiracy theory a thousand times before, and never once have I seen a shred of real evidence to support it.

If someone really did invent something which made fossil fuels obsolete overnight, it would be like inventing a licence to print money - there's no way you'd sell it to an "evil oil cartel" to get put away on a shelf somewhere. And even if an oil company did buy it, don't you think they would exploit it to make truckloads of money, greedy bastards that they are?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the orbital engine was sold to the oil companies.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Wed, 06 July 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the orbital engine was crap,

there is no such thing as overunity, full stop.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feistl wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 00:52

Guys i didn't see the report, but if its the device I'm thinking about it does actually increase fuel efficiency and power. The results are better on older cars. Basically the device Heats up the fuel to a higher temperature. Best example i can give is on really cold mornings there is a low heavy fog in the air, you can see and feel how "wet" the air feels. Its almost droplets in the air rather than a mist. Its the same with fuel. The more "mistier" (and yes i can invent words) the fuel is the better combustion and explosion resulting in higher performance.

Therefore less fuel is needed to produce the same power. Thats how better fuel efficiency is created.

Say for example 15% throttel produced 100KWS without the device, after the device is installed it may only need 10% throttle to produce the same 100kws. So if we use the original 15% throttle we get more power, say 115Kws for example.

It works better on older cars where the injectors are older or less advanced. On newer cars it doesn't make much difference because the engines are all ready optimized.

I hope this helps.

OK if this device "really works" (as opposed to the dozens of very similar devices that have been promoted over the past 10 years Razz ), I can expect to see it available in Supercheap Autos soon?

And it will be OE on all new cars - after all it could only cost a few dollars if mass produced and bought in large quantities by car manufacturers? What car manufacturer wouldn't want to be able to say that their cars make more power and use less fuel?

As if (some) cars using 10% less fuel is going to cause a huge slump in ever-increasing demand for crude oil?!?! Why would oil companies give a fuck?

Sorry for the rant - but I wish people would think for themselves instead of believing ridiculous conspiracy theories and the bullshit they see on ACA/TT!!
feistl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well as i mentioned i didn't actually see the report. i think all their stories are shit, the never show 100% accurate stats, mostly its people sitting round saying its really good, or this person is really evil or there should be more of this etc etc ect

From what Ive heard starting this financial year repco will be stocking this device for around $110. I don't know about the whole oil company's thing.

As i said before, it doesn't have much effect on new cars, mostly because the engines are so well built they don't need improvement. I wouldn't put this on a new car, (in fact i wouldn't use it at all) but it can have a positive effect on older cars where the fuel injectors may not work as well.

I may be wrong and someone please correct me if i am, but this is what Ive heard from reliable sources (no, not from my neighbor who heard it from the old man down the street who heard it from the small dog on the corner....).

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 02:38]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt be installing onto my car .... if i cared that much about my fuel ecomonmy id just use my right foot less
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i cared about fuel economy i wouldn't be driving a car that has a 22re in it Surprised
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if I cared about fuel economy I wouldn't be winding up the boost on my GT4 and upgrading the fuel pump and injectors Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Important Note: In gasoline The Fitch Fuel Catalyst converts light non-gasoline molecules into highly branched high-octane gasoline molecules. This is very desirable and helps the engine extract more power out of a gallon of fuel.

Quote:

The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable. It performs its function at the temperatures experienced in fuel tanks without any requirement for elevated temperatures or pressures, which is what makes the Fitch Fuel Catalyst so convenient and useful.

The Fitch Fuel Catalyst is not a fuel additive. It is a special alloy that does not dissolve in fuel. On the alloy surface the fuel is reformulated to a state that is capable of a more complete combustion. As a result, the engine converts the chemical energy in the fuel to mechanical energy in a more efficient manner. The engine power is increased as a result and the toxic exhaust emissions are decreased, frequently by more than half.

Quote:

One way to describe how The Fitch Fuel Catalyst benefits the consumer or engine builder is by the differences in the composition of the fuel that results from exposure to the catalyst.

Gasoline
In gasoline (C7 - C11) we have measured changes due to the presence of the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. Here are some of the more significant ones and the implication of them

Analyses of the gasoline distribution after contact with the FFC shows changes in the composition of organic compounds in gasoline.
Light non-gasoline hydrocarbons present in the untreated fuel like C1 - C4 are markedly diminished and
Branched hydrocarbons larger than C4 were enhanced
Experimental data confirm that the Fitch Fuel Catalyst successfully:
Suppresses bacterial growth in gasoline minimizing this problem
Improves the Oxidation Stability of gasoline as measured by ASTM D525

Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=vin91 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 18:28]
Kyosho wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 15:40

The "fitch" is meant to "catalyse" the fuel...

Incorrect "A Catalyst Is something that is the primary means to effecting a change apon something" In theory what they are saying is that it dissolves "breaks up" the Gum's and other waste chemicals in fuel. allowing it to burn better. as this is on a moleculer level this would "in theory" allow better burn.

However it is yet to be seen whether it does work.

That is what I was getting at... They claim it's a catalyser BUT the ACA AND Today tonight (They ran it on both for those who haven't yet realised!) say it makes the fuel into a "mist" which has absolutely nothing to do with catalysts...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have a lot of reasonably accurate science on the site.. except when referrring to the Fitch directly...

reformulate fuel? removes C1-C4 molecules? i can almost guarantee you that there is no methane in fuel.. it is simply too volatile to be present. the cracking adn refining process is pretty good at seperating the various fractions fo fuel, as it is not in an oil companies interest to put non-useful fractions into fuel... they make it up to suit a certain octane, and there is a range of molecues, but not the range Fitch is claiming.

they claim it is a special metal alloy (of course it will not dissolve in fuel Wink ) that catalyses reformulation... so they are sayign that fuel is inherently unstable, and by adding the catalyst, they will assist the fuel to reach a state of lower energy? (that IS what they are saying)

Quote:

Light non-gasoline hydrocarbons present in the untreated fuel like C1 - C4 are markedly diminished and
Branched hydrocarbons larger than C4 were enhanced

heh heh, you canm all do this at home right now...
take a bucket of petrol.. leave it outside for a while.. the volatiles will vaporise, and you are left with "enhanced larger than C4 carbons"...

sigh.. i hate to see people this driven develop products like this.. it's a waste of everyones time and money..

oh, if someone really wants to know what's in it, buy one, send it to me and i will do a chemical analysis on it and see what it's made of.. i very much dounbt it has platinum, but then again, maybe it has a very thin coating?

i use platinum for my experiments here in Japan, and it is not cheap stuff.. the solution with 12g/L is about $1000/L, and the 0.5mm, four nines purity (or is it 5?) is definitely not cheap....

also, the claim that it is just as effective if you plonk it in your fuel tank.. or have in the the fuel lines is a bit.... well....

all i ask is for an article from a reputable scientific journal. they have 'opinions' on their site, but no actual scientific data/tests..
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and on the custom fuel catalyst site

"Breaks long-chained hydrocarbons into smaller, more combustible components Reduces Friction, Heat, & Wear
works on any liquid fuel (methanol, LP, etc) "

WTF

i would LOVE to see their tests showing that METHANOL (CH3OH) can be broken down into a smaller molecule....

but on the paretn site, they say it gets rid of the lower C molecules? but this one says it breaks down the bigger ones in to smaller ones?? what gives..

also.. in the test data..
http://www.customfuelcatalyst.com/test.htm
apparently the "Australian Postal Authority" tested 1 vehicle with a cummins engine and got a 19.7% increase in fuel economy.

http://www.customfuelcatalyst.com/test2.htm

here they misread the results.. a decrease in HC and CO?
after catalyst instalation, the results went UP... but after "engine break in" ie after they ran tth emotor in, the results went down.... no shit sherlock...

i'm sick of these shite claims...

allrighty.. all those in this thread who support the Fitch... BUY ONE and send it to me and i will analyse it and tell you how worthless it is Wink
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't know if this is on the same lines or not but the current repco catalog around here is stating a device to go on the end of your injector. it is meant to vaporise the fuel better giving you lower fuel consumption and better combustion.
vin91
Regular

August 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I think I saw that One, It is meant to warm up the fuel toallow Vaporisation to occur more easily. But I thought the Idea was to Get the fuel/air Mix as Cold as possible?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 17:55

just a thought why dont you offer the company or the tv show to do tests on the catalyst if they send you a couple of them..

they might even put you on tv Laughing
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 19:19

just a thought why dont you offer the company or the tv show to do tests on the catalyst if they send you a couple of them..

Why would anyone believe our results? We don't believe the tv or the sellers!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 21:13

4agte wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 19:19

Why would anyone believe our results? We don't believe the tv or the sellers!

true enough..
i'm only offereing to test what the device is made of.. i have acces the electron microscopes and chemical analysers, but not a machine that analyses petroleum fractions. if the device contains only normal materials, ie no catalysis invoking elements, then it is obviously a fraud...
fwiw, even if it is just a half micron thick coating of Pt, i can definitely detect it, as i am doing that now with my electroplated samples Wink

yes, i'd love to go on TV with my name attached to one of these devices.. i wouldn't get any real work ever again Wink
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Well, I'm sticking with my massive conspiracy theory. I like them and they make people think or make them get angry, which is satisfying also.

What about the other marvellous invention that increases power, increases your coolness, sounds fully sik and transforms your car from a shopping trolley into a mean street machine.... the cannon muffler!

seeyuzz
river
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has to be 'lightweight wheel nuts' for me... (and the stickers to go with it of course Wink )

or maybe full titanium strut braces...

i am not angry, just tired of the number of times it comes up on toymods as a new way to make power.. is it school holidays again?
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But the oil companies could make themselves even more money by not only buying up the patents but upping the price of oil every time another "device" comes out.

Better yet save the money, don't buy the patent and up the price to offset the savings by the device.

These days they up the price just beacuse anyway.

I asked at the local servo how much fuel they stocked and how often it was refilled. It's just a small independent. They fill tanks every 2 weeks yet fuel price still goes up and down daily if not more often. Apparently the oil is sensitive to global market demands and refuses to pump unless the price matches current market value.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think we have to invent something 'cos we can't keep on goign the way we are.

We need something that is cheap, economical and extremely powerful to take us to the stars so we can discover other planets where we can beat them up and force them to eat Maccas and watch pointless US TV shows.

I can't think of any technology, other than the ubiquitous 18RG, that can do this for us. Smile

Anyway, a bit OT, why don't you take some pics of tattooed Jap chicks on motorbikes and open a new thread for us to enjoy?

seeyuzz
river
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cut all the nuts and bolt heads on your cars in half. Remove bonnet and boot lid stiffening. Drill holes every where (you'll go faster too!) reduce weight at all costs. Hell remove windows, it'll cut wind resistance.

Run telfon rings and bearings instead to allow removal of oil from engine (another way to screw them). Diffs and g'boxs too.

Motor bike tyres = less resistance.

You want conspiracy. OK, the planes that crashed into the WTC were trialling a new fuel catalyst and that technology couldn't be allowed to survive so...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 22:02

You want conspiracy. OK, the planes that crashed into the WTC were trialling a new fuel catalyst and that technology couldn't be allowed to survive so...

LOL...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

clubagreenie wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 22:02

Hmmm, not bad. However I prefer to think the hijackers were brain-washed CIA plants. They needed something like this to legitamise an invasion of the middle east and to commence their program of removing basic rights from their citizens.

I love my theories so much so that they often annoy me too! Smile

seeyuzz
river
feistl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats this posts about again? I kinda forgot..... Razz
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 07 July 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's about how lining your fuel lines with crean cheese will improve economy by reducing drag through the scouring effect of the fuel on the cream cheese as it passes along the lines, it's added benefit of lubricating injectors, decarbonising the heads and lubing the valves allowing unleaded to be run in previously leaded behicles is less well documented.

Just fill one ex-silicon gun tube with cream cheese, must be full fat or the fuel will dissolve it too quickly and any performance/economy gains will be lost to added axpense of extra cream cheese. Squirt cream cheese into lines, one tube per tank.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Fri, 08 July 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 18:36

i don't know if this is on the same lines or not but the current repco catalog around here is stating a device to go on the end of your injector. it is meant to vaporise the fuel better giving you lower fuel consumption and better combustion.

Yea, that thing is different.

And it only works for about 15 minutes until the engine gets fully warmed up.

You're better off letting your engine warm up, then driving. And you are led to the risk of vapor lock if you have that thing on too. Plus engines these days are designed to warm up much quicker too, not only to get heat into the injectors, but to get heat into the catalytic converter so it starts working.

Maybe I should patent a little bar heater that attaches to the CAT so I can then claim it reduces greenhouse emissions..... Holy fuck, it would actually WORK too. Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More power, better economy hahaha Fri, 08 July 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 11:19

Maybe I should patent a little bar heater that attaches to the CAT so I can then claim it reduces greenhouse emissions..... Holy fuck, it would actually WORK too. Very Happy

you know you are closer to the truth than you think, and i'm pretty sure that has already been patented... the biggest hurdle for manufacturers reaching emissions targets is during the warmup phase of the cat, since it needs to be around 350-400deg to 'light off'

seriously tho, how many ppl will lug an extension cord out to their car Wink

then again.. an extra battery that uses it's charge to light off the cat is not far fetched at all....
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Fri, 08 July 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think the BMW 7-series do something like that - heat up the cat before starting.

seeyuzz
river
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Fri, 08 July 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fors sale! i have what i like to call "MICKS BLACK BOX" will save atleast 10% fuel and alot more if you dont drive the car. the box replaces the fuel filter on all model cars. yes i know it looks like a fuel filter sprayed black,but its in fact a restrictor that only lets 90% of the fuel get to the injectors. hey, its makes it run a bit lean, and on the border of melting pistons,but it saves 10% and is great on high horsepower applications, especially when you run 30psi dyno runs.if engine damage occurs,please replace unit with original filter and contact manifacturer about there faulty engine.
mick
barge
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 14 July 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy, sorry to jump in so late to this but i thought i might as well have my say also.

People have been constantly improving both fuel economy and power since the invention of the petrol engine. Basically anything that can improve the efficeincy of the engine will do both. Water injection is one example of something that adds power and economy (if set up right), even for non-turbo cars.

Also to the dude that said "the orbital engine is crap" should find out how much Sarich is worth and then make his statements. He sold numerous fuel and spark control systems developed for the original orbital engine and the orbital 2 stroke to jap manufacturers. He was the original developer of gdi. (wich also improves both fuel economy and power"

later

Matt

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 14 July 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said the orbital engine is crap, and it is. how many cars have you seen with orbital engines? i'm guessing somewhere between 0 and 1, but closer to zero.

i know what he is worth, and yes, orbital has developed lots of nice technology.

but the orbital engine just didt cut it, neither did all of their two strokes as far as i can make out.

BillusMcFlunday
Newcomer

December 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 14 July 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Over the past two decades, Orbital has broadened its portfolio and developed further technology applications into four market segments – automotive 4-stroke, automotive 2-stroke, marine and recreation, and motorcycles and scooters.

A summary of key events since Orbital's beginnings follows:

1972 Mr. Ralph Sarich enters into a 50/50 joint venture with The Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited (BHP) to develop and commercialised the original Orbital™ Engine.
1973 Orbital Engine Company is formally established.
1978 Initial DI Engine Investigations.
1982 DI Applied to 2-stroke engines.
1984 Orbital is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange under Sarich Technologies.
1986-87 Secured Marine Licensees - Mercury Marine and Outboard Marine Corp.
1988-91 Secured Automotive Licensees - Ford, General Motors, Fiat.
1991 Orbital is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
1992 Renewed 4-stroke emphasis.
1987-95 Exhaustive 2-stroke engine and DI combustion system development.
1995 Independent 2-stroke validations.
1994-96 Genesis 2-stroke 100 Vehicle Fleet Program initiated and launched.
1996 Indonesian Government selects OCP™ 2-stroke for Maleo National Car.
1996 Mercury Marine launches the first OCP™ technology engine into production. A further five models are launched over the next few years based on the success of the first product.
1996-97 Secured further Licensees - Bombardier-Rotax, Tohatsu, Asian Motorcycle.
1997-98 Siemens Cooperation: Manufacture of Injectors by Synerject JV - Systems Integration by Siemens Automotive.
1998 Texmaco signs license to manufacture Automotive 2-stroke engines in Indonesia.
2000 Bombardier-Rotax launches two personal watercraft and two jet boats. Aprilia launches 50cc scooter in Europe. Tohatsu launches 50hp 3-cylinder outboard engine. Peugeot announces development of clean scooters using Orbital technology. Delphi and Orbital announces joint development cooperation. SAAB announces Saab Combustion Concept incorporating Orbital technology. Sundiro signs MOU to manufacture automotive 2-stroke engines in China.
2001 Aprilia launches Scarabeo scooter. Tohatsu launches 90hp outboard engine. Delphi enters technical transfer and license agreement with Orbital. Joint development program with major US company achieves ULEV II with 12% fuel economy benefit. Demonstrator vehicle achieves Euro 4 with 20% fuel economy benefit.
2002 Piaggio launches Piaggio NRG and Gilera Runner scooters. Peugeot Motocycles launches Looxor and Elystar scooters.
2003 Mercury Marine launches 3-cylinder, 115hp OptiMax outboard with OCP™ technology. Orbital and UCAL Fuel Systems Ltd enter a Technical Cooperation Agreement. Polaris launches jetboat featuring OptiMax™ Jet Drive engines. Peugeot Motocycle launches JetForce scooter.

i found this in 30 seconds.... now i know there are no cars listed on there but if it was crap do you think all these big name companys with engineers QUALIFIED in this industry would spend money on CRAP technologies?? Come on guys think before you post.... or at least do some research before you put you opinion out there. It saves you being looking like a jackass...

Billus
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Thu, 14 July 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have done my research, it involved reading a book, which took longer than 30 seconds.

i will re phrase what i said before.

ORBITAL ENGINE COMPANY has developed some great technology, the development of which was used on the orbital engine and the two strokes they worked on.

HOWEVER the ORBITAL ENGINE concept was abandoned, they did get it to run using a holden carby, but did not develop it further.

i havent heard any news on their two strokes for years.

anyway, this thread is about snake oil and investigative journalism, lets get it back on track.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: More power, better economy hahaha Fri, 15 July 2005 00:07 Go to previous message
actually the orbital engine was featured in that million dollar concept orange thing co developed with holden a couple of years back. Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PLEASE HELP!!
Next Topic:changing 18rgeu to front oil pan configuration.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:22:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011059045791626 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.