Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Mon, 04 July 2005 21:58 Go to next message
Hi

Im about halfway through fitting the 3sgte to my st162 sx.

The bloke i bought the halfcut said that i will need 2 put an aftermarket fuel pump in my sx so the engine doesnt run lean.

I was wondering wat fuel pumps have other people used in the conversion? I heard the 044 bosch is good.

The engine will b staying fairly stock for the time being.

Thanx
Bill
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Mon, 04 July 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get the Walbro 255lph pump. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a 044 and will be more than adequate.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Tue, 05 July 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the stock pump will power the 3sgte in standard form no problems. but beter safe than sorry as joshstix said that option is cheaper and will supply plenty of fuel
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Tue, 05 July 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

My mate gets a special discount at repco. I can get a bosch 040, which is smaller than the 044 but higher pressure. They r used on sr20det and that so i think it will b sufficient. I can get it 4 $163. So i think i will do that unless the walbro will b cheaper?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Tue, 05 July 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holley HP will be cheaper Razz, someone got one for about $60 landed from US Cool
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Tue, 05 July 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
163.. u can get the walbro 255 pump for about 100 from ebay , performance shops etc. without a discount. unless your pushing 300hp atw you dont need anything bigger

no point in havin 500psi if it cant push the volume

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 08:51]

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Tue, 05 July 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad what fuelpump are you running atm?

Billmchenry-> im still using the standard sx fuel pump with my 3sgte. pretty much standard mods running 10-11psi fine.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Tue, 05 July 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be checking the fuel pressure in the rail after fitting a pump which flows 200+litres , most run at 80+ psi , will the stock fuel regulator decrease this amount at idle ? or the stock ecu realise via the O2 sensor on cold start up that the engine isn't been flooded with fuel ? Has anyone bother checking these items are going to a fuel pump with twice the pressure and flow of a stock item .
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Tue, 05 July 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the holley 190L/hr (155@40psi) was fine with a 3S? celica/camry reg... when fitted to my 4K. not sure about the 255L/hr (which is about 220L/hr at 40psi)
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Wed, 06 July 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im running a walbro 255 pump.. i have a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator so it has no bearing on the different pressures , but the car ran fine with the standard fpr

just a question why would the fpr reduce pressure because it is flowing more?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 08:21]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Wed, 06 July 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 18:20

just a question why would the fpr reduce pressure because it is flowing more?

no - it's a pressure regulator, not a flow regulator
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Wed, 06 July 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the fear is that a stock fuel pressure reg will not be able to flwo enough volume to be able to reduce the pressure, and so the rail pressure will increase at idle when there is a maximum amount of fuel bypassing the injectors back to the tank..

easy way to test is to hook up the pump directly to the FPR (with a gauge T'd in somewhere) and see what fuel pressure does with NO injector flow.. if it rises, you have issues, if not.. all good.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3SGTE conversion - after market fuel pump Wed, 06 July 2005 11:02 Go to previous message
ahhk that makes more sense thanks lol

the chukster i meant why would it increase pressure because the fuel pump is flowing more.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 11:02]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celsior/Soarer Climate Control LCD Repair
Next Topic:wow, it's cold out side, and my 18rgeu is letting me know it
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 03:00:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051329135894775 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.