Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

1ggte cam profiles Tue, 05 July 2005 07:54 Go to next message
i'm planning on rebuilding my 1g and at this stage i'm trying to gather as much info as to what cams will suit my application.

Unfortunately, cams isn't something i'm too familiar with and i'm looking for some advice on what profile i should get.

I want to run a twin T28 setup and my aim is to have these things spool up reasonably quick. Any advice would be much apprieciated Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May I ask why you're going for a pair of such big turbos? (relatively speaking to a 2l engine).
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

May I ask why you're going for a pair of such big turbos? (relatively speaking to a 2l engine).

A pair of T28's from a GTR in standard form would probably go quite ok on a 1GGTE. They have a pretty small exhaust housing and wheels in standard form so it wouldn't take much to get them on song Very Happy

I don't reckon it is over the top, a little lag never hurt anyone Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'd assumed it was a pair of these, all others would be massif Razz Problem is that these turbos don't make full boost till nearly 4000rpm on an RB26, how are they going to go on a 2l engine? Smile Then again, TRACTION_ISSUES had a pair of these, and they made the power, but the lag Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasn't this what MR 1JZ (formerly MR 1G GTE) was going to do?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep Smile
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i now have his manifold Wink

The reason i'd like to do something like this is because it hasn't been done before. i reckon it would work with the right type of cams but i don't know what profile i should get.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aint GTR turbos $$$$ as with anything related to that car. Wouldnt the small exhaust housings become a restriction at higher boost levels.

With regards to cam profiles ur gonna want heaps of lift to get suckers spooling.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte cam profiles Wed, 06 July 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has been done before as already stated, but dont let that stop you, one problem i noticed with the other setup was the amount of compreser surge it had on boost
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte cam profiles Thu, 07 July 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apart from when you back of the throttle and send the compressor into surge due to the sudden pressure changes in the inlet, if a turbo is going into surge and making good awful noises under boost its generally a good indications the the compressor is to large for the motor. Not sure if thats what the problem would be but just a hypothesis
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1ggte cam profiles Thu, 07 July 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 21:16

it has been done before as already stated, but dont let that stop you, one problem i noticed with the other setup was the amount of compreser surge it had on boost

I think this was a problem with the inlet manifold?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1ggte cam profiles Thu, 07 July 2005 02:52 Go to previous message
Fattony wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 17:41

Aint GTR turbos $$$$ as with anything related to that car. Wouldnt the small exhaust housings become a restriction at higher boost levels.

I picked up a pair of these babies for $1000 and they had been fully tested so they blew no oil smoke and the shaft play was absolutely minimal, they can be gotten cheaply for a good price, which isnt too bad considering they are good for 250rwkw Wink

this was the setup I was going to run and after speaking to a couple of people running the same setup they informed me that it was an awesome budget way of making some massive power, the exhaust housings on the suckers are friggen tiny and ive been told that the lag isnt bad at all...and they pull all the way to the redline on a 1G Smile just as they do on an Rb26 Very Happy

Goodluck with the setup sanchez as its going to fly in a light little spoonter, you might want to think about flaring the guards at the rear to fit some wider tyres becuase you are defo gonna needem Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:changing gze wiring loom for turbo
Next Topic:KE35 Front Strut Conversion.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 04:39:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046329498291016 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.