Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE92 block with bigport head?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 10:25 Go to next message
Hi,

I am looking at modding my AE86, which is the 1984 jap spec levin gtv. It still has the bigport engine.

I want to keep the bigport head and replace the block with a ae92 block. Is this possible?
Will the bigport head fit on the AE92 block?
And can I still use my original gearbox, and most of the other parts? Will it all fit together and will the original computer still be able to be used?

I am looking at getting some decent horsepower out of it, and with a bigport I wont need much porting.

I am going to stick with the bigport.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 10:25]

Send a private message to this user    
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae92 head you mean a 100kw head or small port.dont bother with a big port head unless for turbo. for a NA motor your better of with a small port{what your calling a ae92 motor} as you will make more power.
mick
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, but dropping in a whole smallport means fucking about with the loom and computer, making a new manifold, blah blah blah. Swapping in a smallport block and keeping everything else as is (if possible) would be a hell of a lot easier...

I'm thinking of doing this myself, actually.
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I thought.
Thats why I want to know if it is possible to do with out too much to replace.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 12:39]

FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use a 86KW late engine from an import AE92 has big port head and 7 rib block Wink
Toyota has already done the work for you Smile

MATT.
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use a 86KW late engine from an import AE92 has big port head and 7 rib block Wink
Toyota has already done the work for you Smile

MATT.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am building one of these at the moment.

I had a RWD bigport setup, and I cracked a piston and instead of opting for a new bigport block, just got a smallport block to rebuild instead.
But, My bigport head had already been freshly rebuilt with some porting, cams and valve work, so I wasnt going to just chuck it away.

GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any complications in putting the 2 together. I want to keep the bigport head as it has already had some work done to it too.

What will I need to replace in and what can I keep?

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no problems they go together fine.just drill the bigport head for the oil drain if you want to use it,or just block the block drain.
mick
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Wed, 06 July 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok. Cool thanks.

what about the gear box? Will the one I have in the car now fit? what about the clutch etc?
rxjohn
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Thu, 07 July 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearbox and clutch will all work, just use old set up,
ive done same combo and works very well, just block oil return on engine block, eveything else bolts up.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Thu, 07 July 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The oil return is the tube on the inlet side isnt it?
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: AE92 block with bigport head? Thu, 07 July 2005 07:51 Go to previous message
yep inlet side at the very back.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HELP...Diff rebuild on MA70.. need help got stupid insane quote!!!
Next Topic:18rg pistons, what kind?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 07:26:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058450698852539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.