Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Injector Duty Cycles Wed, 06 July 2005 10:44 Go to next message
I've been reading around trying to find some info about this.

On my AVC-R unit I have hooked up the injector singal. To which it displays about 70% at idle and somewhat 81-84.5% at throttle. Where should this be sitting at? My AFR runs as rich as 10.5 from 5,000RPM to redline.

What is the nominal duty rate they should be?

84-5% seems high on 440CC injectors. This figure comes on with about 40% throttle applied. Should I be concerned about this? Like is it maxing out the injectors or something could be wrong with them?
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Wed, 06 July 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat mods have u got i highly doubt u are at that duty cycle at idle etc

as a guide my m8 is pushin a big turbo to 234kw at the rear wheels and that is maxing 440's out. so if your not somewhere atleast 210kw at the rear wheels i think its telling lies

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 10:57]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Wed, 06 July 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree. my 550's on a 6 cyl are at 2% at idle.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Wed, 06 July 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u cannot go buy duty cycle to test yr mixtures

plus if u have a cheap air fuel ratio meter from a car parts shop then they suck big time

they are the most inaccurate worthless gauges u can buy for reading mixtures

the cost of an engine is way too expensive to use one of those for reading mixtures

they will always read rich when full throttle
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Thu, 07 July 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a friend with a 92 red top sr20 with injectors from an aus s15 and he hits 100% duty cycle(reading from PowerFC Commander) all the damn time, only pushing out 180rwkw on stock turbo.

At idle and normal driving its fine but when you get on it you get 100% all the time.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Thu, 07 July 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only 180rwkw? They only make 150kw at the fly stock so that is pushing the limits of the injectors. Time for some bigger ones.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Thu, 07 July 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat size injectors does the sr20 have though
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Injector Duty Cycles Thu, 07 July 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I second want Sideshow said , you cannot go of any of the reading you are getting from a cheap air fuel ratio , or any readings that you are getting from a voltage from the cars oxygen sensor like all that Apexi gear . They all read 10+ ratio as soon as the engine is underload . Also placement of the sensor plays into this alot .Most good dyno tuners have Motec ,Autronic sensor and use them externally in the exhaust unless you have added another port for tuning .

As for the sr being at 100% duty , i was at 83% at 180rwkw . He must be running a t25g at 1.2 bar to get there if the turbo is still stock , that might have something to do with the fuel mixture due to the inefficiencies of the stock turbo at that level . Also the fuel pressure rate rise of the stock regulator will never keep up , next the stock mapping will run at about 10.0 above 4000rpm to protect the engine from detonation . Funny that with a more efficient turbo on the stock ecu the ratio is way leaner throughout the rev range , and the fuel pressure didn't need to be run at such great pressure as before so the injectors where for sure not operating at the same rate as well as more power at 0.8bar . From memory the stock redtop units are only 380 units ? s15 are 440cc ?
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Thu, 07 July 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 15:24

only 180rwkw? They only make 150kw at the fly stock so that is pushing the limits of the injectors. Time for some bigger ones.

Agreed...

180RWKW is about the top of the injectors DC on an SR20DET in the Silvias etc...
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: Injector Duty Cycles Fri, 08 July 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 16:55

As for the sr being at 100% duty , i was at 83% at 180rwkw . He must be running a t25g at 1.2 bar to get there if the turbo is still stock , that might have something to do with the fuel mixture due to the inefficiencies of the stock turbo at that level . Also the fuel pressure rate rise of the stock regulator will never keep up , next the stock mapping will run at about 10.0 above 4000rpm to protect the engine from detonation . Funny that with a more efficient turbo on the stock ecu the ratio is way leaner throughout the rev range , and the fuel pressure didn't need to be run at such great pressure as before so the injectors where for sure not operating at the same rate as well as more power at 0.8bar . From memory the stock redtop units are only 380 units ? s15 are 440cc ?

Sounds about right. I remember Colin at ricol saying the duty will be a bit higher as its runnin rich as the turbo is at its limit. Its runnin the t25g, well was, kinda shat itself, nice metal grinding soundw come from it now at idle, putting in a new t28 bb in this weekend, should be fun.

I am pretty sure the S15 ones were 440cc
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Injector Duty Cycles Fri, 08 July 2005 03:19 Go to previous message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 08:54

I agree. my 550's on a 6 cyl are at 2% at idle.

Yep. My stock 3S-GTE 540cc injectors are going on 1.3 - 1.5% at warm idle, and the peak injector duty of mine has never gotten above 80%, even last weekend on the dyno. Got an external Sard fuel reg set at ~40Psi as well as the stock GT-Four fuel pump and an external 500hp Bosch pump. Smile I find it's a very decent setup and stable too.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sr20det into ke70
Next Topic:7mgte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:48:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051479339599609 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.