Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
ma61 struts on sprinter Mon, 04 July 2005 08:29 Go to next message
brought some ma61 struts to put on my sprinter and i just had a trial fit of one side, the bolt spacing on the bottom of the strut doesent suit the original sprinter steering arms so i assume i use the ma61 ones? do they suit the sprinter lower control arms, or do i need ma61 lower control arms as well?

Send a private message to this user    
Jimmy19650
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: ma61 struts on sprinter Tue, 05 July 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am in the process of doing the same also. There is lots of info in the tech section and if you do a search.

What i did, and seems to work

RA60/65 similar to MA61 (except for the steering arm and bottom control arm), using RA60 steering arm and bottom control arm to keep camber angles etc as close as possible to normal. Sprinter top mount on strut, sprinter spring perches on strut. RA60/65 hubs and brakes which are a good upgrade anyway.

There are lots of other approaches available, with many requiring machining, fabrication and major mods.

I am fitting MS65 hubs to the RA60 struts which will give me a 5 stud front hub allowing me to use Supra front brakes.

Lots of ways to do it, I recommend you spend time searching and reading what other people have done, and select what is most suitable to your requirements before you spend money.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ma61 struts on sprinter Tue, 05 July 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iirc supra struts give totally whack camber to sprinters, hence why everyone uses ra60 struts
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: ma61 struts on sprinter Tue, 05 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so i can use my ma61 rotors and calipers, but i need to get ra60 struts, steering arms and lower control arms?
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: ma61 struts on sprinter Wed, 06 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any one know?
Jimmy19650
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: ma61 struts on sprinter Wed, 06 July 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as I know, RA60,65 and MA61 struts all the same. Need RA60 steering arms and lower control arms to keep geometry ok.

MA61 discs etc ok to use. Need at least 14inch wheels
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ma61 struts on sprinter Wed, 06 July 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmy19650 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 17:27

as far as I know, RA60,65 and MA61 struts all the same.

Interchangeable, but not the same. As Ed implied above, the Celica struts have a couple of degrees more negative camber.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: ma61 struts on sprinter Sat, 20 August 2005 15:00 Go to previous message
so anybody did it yet?? how did it go??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:please help
Next Topic:changing engines
Goto Forum: