Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
icon4.gif  Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Wed, 06 July 2005 03:05 Go to next message
Has anyone had a good look or drive of this JDM Ae86 forsale.
I was going to make the trip to Sydney to check it out.
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx ?UsedCarID=877466&TabID=3328&Alias=carpoin tau

I know some of you guys were there when this went to Wakefield.
I am very interested in buying it.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 03:11]

Send a private message to this user    
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Wed, 06 July 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant say that that body kit looks good, but everyhting else does
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Wed, 06 July 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh wow cheers mate,
I am relieved to now know that you don't like the N2 kit.
The same as many others.
I like it. So thumbs up buddy!
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cage looks very dodgy, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a race track.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wrote an article for High Performance Imports on this car. In all honesty it's pretty average. It has coilovers, cams and a cage. That's about it. How much do they want???
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All i can say is its been up for sale for donkey's years, its been there for atleast a couple of months.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 10:48

I just wrote an article for High Performance Imports on this car. In all honesty it's pretty average. It has coilovers, cams and a cage. That's about it. How much do they want???

Wrote an article?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 11:16

AE86slut wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 10:48

Wrote an article?

Yes, that's my job. Laughing

What are they asking for it man??? What happened to your project? Confused
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there asking 14.900 but i wouldn't pay more than 13,500
My project is being sold to make way for a JDM 86.
Sick of aussy crap lol
I put a 4AGE in it and had some fun.
Time to moove on.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you send us a copy of the article man?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or some piccy's Razz
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so ur selling ur 4age sprinter for what... 6k okay... then ur spending 7k more on a JDM import thats obviously been trashed to shit since birth, since it hit the track and since it landed on our shores...

why not just spend 7k on ur sprinter... that practically buys you EVERYTHING you need and more to turn your car into something looking japanese, in fact... you could do that for under a grand if your patient and know who to talk too. plus you have the peace of mind of knowing exactly what has happanded with your car in the past and the fact you bought the car stock and built it up urself... it's much more rewarding

seems you're buying the car for nothing more than JDM wank factor if you ask me and i think a lot of ppl will agree

but dont let me opinion of common sense stop you... waste your money if you want... you wouldn't be the first 86 owner to do so.

p.s: the car was imported mid last year by autostyle, ring them and ask about it
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 12:57

but dont let me opinion of common sense stop you...

It won't
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with shiri.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, Autostyle still has it, if you look at the ad. There would be no point ringing them for a "second opinion" as they will tell you the same story Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
derg they're the ones still trying to sell it read the add. damn you cannonball by one minute Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 03:03]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I rang them they don't know shit.
They fucken stupid.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 12:42

Can you send us a copy of the article man?

What's your email?

There's no way I would pay any more than $9k for it. It looks nice, sure, but you will not get it off them for what it's actually WORTH.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edgedaz@hotmail.com
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont buy it

do up your aussie spec
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its going to cost me so much money to do up my car.
I'll save some money buying a Jap spec 86 with shit alread done to it
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and a whole lot of problems u dont yet know about

if you do it yourself
you know the condition of everything

i regret not doing a trueno conversion to an aussie car

my car has been so much fucking drama....
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm well, i am going to go down and have a look at it on saturday.
I just wanna have a good look at it and see what its like.
No harm done
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Thu, 07 July 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks hot here Razz

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6453/1110va.jpg

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sat, 09 July 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just had a drive of it today.
Its looks so good in real life. Even though i don't like the colour it just look so fAt.
The car was good to drive. It felt a little soft for a car with coilovers front and back. Engine sounded great. Didn't respond as well as my 100kw motor but it was better up top.
The rims are so sexy. The interor is funky, looks good.
It was weird they said it came with 12mounths rgo but when i drove it they put a trade plate on it and it wasn't engineered for anything. seemed strange.
The car was great but there was something i couldn't quite put my finger on. So i won't buy this car after all.
Now i'm stuck on what to do Sad
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sat, 09 July 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
similar money buys my white car and it would shite all ova this i promise you
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sat, 09 July 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this so called white car forsale?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sat, 09 July 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So your wondering what you can do to your aus 86 with $7k?

afaik your car is a stock sprinter with a 4age conversion?

S13 front coilovers $800
rear shock and springs $600
Kaaz 2way $896 Cool
T18 rear end $150
Set of deep dish rims w/rubber $1500
Cams $800
Aftermarket computer $1500
Quads $200 + adaptor plate $300

Total $6746

And thatd be an AWESOME car Cool
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sat, 09 July 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 01:23

S13 front coilovers $800
Kaaz 2way $896 Cool
T18 rear end $150
Cams $800

Total $6746

WORD!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was considering selling my car to go for a JDM sprinter.. then realised that everything is such a rort at the moment and i was better off just fixing up my car. the one line that i still go by is "whats to say that the new car isn't going to need the same work or suffer the same problems?" you may aswell just finish your car so that you know exactly what has been done to the car.

i spose i should mention that my car currently doesn't have an engine in it... 20v is going in the bay hopefully later today.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

S13 front coilovers $800
Kaaz 2way $896 Cool
T18 rear end $150
Cams $800

Total $6746

Provided you can do all the work and tuning yourself Very Happy

otherwise factor in another 2000-3000.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

S13 front coilovers $800
Kaaz 2way $896 Cool
T18 rear end $150
Cams $800

Total $6746

mine (if i found one in decent condition) would go along the lines of
rust removal
t18 diff
1.5 way LSD
4age conversion
whiteline suspension kit
front brake upgrade
and if i havnt been rheemed on the rust removal id get a front lip and side skirts... possibly cost a bit more than 7k though Laughing
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with evan ,im sick of the shit aus spec crap should have just saved my cash an got a jdm. now my car hasnt been runnin
for 7 months an its just frustrating.

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have also spent the same amount on my car as it would take to import (probably slightly less)

but... i have a car thats never seen snow storms to rust out the panels then intense heat to burn the interior... i also have a car thats been babied around for 20 years by owners who can't go faster than the speed limit instead of something thats had more owners than you'll ever know in a country where the car was realised to be destroyed by its owners who aren't hassled by police or government...

ask yourself... is what you're paying, what the car is worth? how much would the car be worth in japan?

p.s: my car looks just as good as anything u might see on auctions... and now kills most of them on performance. the only thing that would tell you it's aus spec is that it says 4AC in the engine bay...
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have spent more on my car than it would cost to import just about any JDM AE86.

I am very happy with it, very little rust, never been in any accidents and the chassis is ultra straight.

But, I would have to say, if your going to use the car just for drift purposes then its probably better just buying a JDM car with all the goodies already.

I mean sure, its been thrashed to hell and back, but isn't that what most people plan to do with their AE86 anyway?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UNLESS its a totally immaculate one/two owner levin or trueno , stock , i cant see why anyone would fork out over $12K for one of these off the boat import cars .. theres so much better things your cash can get

I mean these days - a few K more and you have yourself a GTR skyline - or a JZA80 supra for example - they are newer and safer

Im with shiri on this one - if your so dedicated on being sprinter-fied - keep what you have and make it better than *anything* JDM has to offer - at least you know its done properly , not by some unknown factor many thousands of miles away from a previous owner that probably treated it like the poo
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UNLESS its a totally immaculate one/two owner levin or trueno , stock , i cant see why anyone would fork out over $12K for one of these off the boat import cars .. theres so much better things your cash can get

I mean these days - a few K more and you have yourself a GTR skyline - or a JZA80 supra for example - they are newer and safer

Im with shiri on this one - if your so dedicated on being sprinter-fied - keep what you have and make it better than *anything* JDM has to offer - at least you know its done properly , not by some unknown factor many thousands of miles away from a previous owner that probably treated it like the poo
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
because i dont want anything but a ae86!
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86dave wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 23:49

because i dont want anything but a ae86!

Well then, stop complaining about your aus spec trash!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at me bro, im sic coz eye own da JDM 8 6 YO!........... ............

Im with shiri. Unfortunetly no coupes oz deliv, i'll stick with a ke/ae71 for a while.

*edited to fix up mistake*

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 16:10]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ADM? JDM? WHO CARES

get in ur car and fuckin drive it
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Sun, 10 July 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 08:44

ADM? JDM? WHO CARES

Ur a dick
Its not to just have a JDM 86
Its so i can save money time and effort buying a car with shit done to it.
I don't have the time or know how to do everything myself.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct me if Im wrong, but the only major differences between JDM and ADM is the engine and diff, and if your ADM already has these changed, then there is no other major difference (sure there are smaller details, but these wont effect the cars abilility to perform well and reliably.
A fact in case is that in japan they often used to salt the roads in winter to stop them icing up, which can mean a JDM car can have worse bodywork than an ADM car. Also when importing these things they will often sit at a depot on a wharf for a couple of months. This can also cause a lot of rust/corrosion issues(eg electrical gremlins).
So the only real reason you would import a JDM car is because it has been modded with all the good bits, but this can be more trouble than its worth. A few of us here have seen what is affectionately known as "jap spec" Very Happy modifications, IE backyard jobs that are neither reliable or roadworthy, and possibly just for that "drift" look, without any performance advantage.
Remember, just because someone has already done the hard work, this doesnt mean they knew what they were doing, and you may have a harder job to get it to work correctly than if you did it yourself from scratch.
Just my 5 cents (more like 5 Bucks Rolling Eyes)
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well said cannonball. A detailed version of what i typed. unfortuneltly only a few of the ae86 guys get what I mean, the other just choose to call names/threaten me.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its an orange sprinter with a cage your after come look in my garage Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After watching you (sexy16) buy up every sprinter for sale a while back, i wouldnt be surprised if you had one of each colour in your garage Laughing
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 09:01

ADM? JDM? WHO CARES

Ur a dick

no arch is not a dick, he means who cares if its JDM or ADM, sure you want to buy something already moddied but there are stacks of modded 86's out there for sale...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods to simon and arch , though it seems ignorance is bliss right here

car history knowlege is like gold ..

if you know what has and hasnt been done - but people YOU trust , not an unknown body , youll feel safer in knowing you get what you pay for ... and what still needs to be done to bring things up to scratch ..

Anything those guys importing have you can pretty much buy easily anyway , if you know where to look - and have the desire to do some bargain hunting Smile
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ADM? JDM? WHO CARES

Ur a dick

Yup... im a dick Rolling Eyes

my main point is, ADM or JDM, both are good.

a JDM hachi wont make you a better driver than an ADM...

when i say just get in ur car and drive it, basically who cares where the car comes from, dude you have an ae86, a fantastic car, enjoy it for what it is, not what it isnt.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 17:38

After watching you (sexy16) buy up every sprinter for sale a while back, i wouldnt be surprised if you had one of each colour in your garage Laughing

i am now keeping all the cars and parts i have got
i now buy 94+excels these are gold i usually buy 2 a week and are good for a quick grand profit each Laughing play money for my toys Laughing Cool Razz
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 20:02

i now buy 94+excels these are gold i usually buy 2 a week and are good for a quick grand profit each Laughing play money for my toys Laughing Cool Razz

Should be a good demand for parts with these.. They're turning into an entry level rally car & there's talks to replace the NSW Gemini Rally Series with these to give people a level playing field with slightly more modern (yet still cheap) cars..
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 19:38

ADM? JDM? WHO CARES

Ur a dick

Yup... im a dick Rolling Eyes

my main point is, ADM or JDM, both are good.

a JDM hachi wont make you a better driver than an ADM...

when i say just get in ur car and drive it, basically who cares where the car comes from, dude you have an ae86, a fantastic car, enjoy it for what it is, not what it isnt.

I know it won't make me a better driver. When the fuck did i say that.
I get in my car and drive it everyday. I don't give a fuck where it comes from. I am just after a car with some stuff already done to it so i can get on the track.
But whatever why am i explaining myself here...

Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Mon, 11 July 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just please don't touch anything with a Jap Spec cage, they seem to value the dash more than their life.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Does anyone have any info or pics on this AE86? Tue, 12 July 2005 10:09 Go to previous message
Lucid wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 21:03

SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 20:02

Should be a good demand for parts with these.. They're turning into an entry level rally car & there's talks to replace the NSW Gemini Rally Series with these to give people a level playing field with slightly more modern (yet still cheap) cars..

seen 1 at bond roll bars getting fitted up the other week when i was lifting the 7 for me bro
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone willing to go halves
Next Topic:Got Pink
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:06:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088708400726318 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.