Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

If Interested Tue, 05 July 2005 21:53 Go to next message
This is NOTan add. just a bit of info if your interested, I have just updated my Yahoo messenger with net-phone ability.
And thought if you have not tried it it's worth trying. I have just made a 85 minute phone call to the Philippines free. but it's a computer to computer phone, so both party's have to have the new version.
  Send a private message to this user    
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: If Interested Tue, 05 July 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, there are a few programs out there you can use to "call" another party. I work for a multinational organisation, and they encourage us to make our calls back to our mother company in Denmark via the PC. As long as you both have the same software, and a speaker/microphone setup, all it costs you is your connection to your ISP, which for us is running all the time, so that makes the calls free Very Happy .
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If Interested Tue, 05 July 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this like skype? A voice over IP program?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: If Interested Tue, 05 July 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hi-Ace wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 07:53

I have just made a 85 minute phone call to the Philippines free. but it's a computer to computer phone, so both party's have to have the new version.

Phillipines, eh? You're not ordering yourself a bride are you? Smile

seeyuzz
river
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Come on behave, I might look stupid but I'm not going down that marriage track again.
Wife = no money,no fun,no peace.
No, I'll say no more or I'll get in the shit with the females on here. Rolling Eyes
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is anyone using skype? any good?

anyone know if these things work with Un-Wired internet?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 00:17]

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no reason why it wont work unwired, its just a program and a mirophone. but it will be maybe at a poor quailty and alot of breakdown, as it travels over the connection if you have a fast connection as does the recipent then there is no reason why it wont work if its slow then it may not work well.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 10:14

is anyone using skype? any good?

anyone know if these things work with Un-Wired internet?

yah, i installed Skype a few days ago, and have bought skype-out credit..
CLG called me from WA and quality was perfect! (PC-PC). now i just need a micrphone Razz

actually, they are handsets that you can get to use skypoe just like a normal telephone..

and for me, about 3c/min vs 60c/min makes it an absolute bargain (to call aussie landlines)

i HIGHLY recommend Skype Very Happy

should work with any.. it's just another application like.. messenger or whatever... maybe a 56k modem is a bit slow tho Wink
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:26]
ed_ma61 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 10:14

should work with any.. it's just another application like.. messenger or whatever... maybe a 56k modem is a bit slow tho Wink

this is correct.
with broadband connections at both ends, messenger conversations are fine.

Reminds me of the old Roger Wilco days. Anyone else remember this?

Cheers,

-Adam
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10-4 good buddy,whats your 20
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what does this mean then (me = techno phobe)

Quote:

The minimum internet requirements to use Skype are a dial-up connection with at least a 33.6Kbps modem. However, to get the best results out of Skype we suggest that you have a broadband internet connection (cable, DSL, etc). GPRS is not supported for voice calls and results using satellite internet connections may vary.
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 10:06

Laughing Laughing Come on behave, I might look stupid but I'm not going down that marriage track again.
No, I'll say no more or I'll get in the shit with the females on here. Rolling Eyes

are you into filopino online dating?
i can hook u up bro (lol jk)
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: If Interested Wed, 06 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 15:28

so what does this mean then (me = techno phobe)

Quote:

The minimum internet requirements to use Skype are a dial-up connection with at least a 33.6Kbps modem. However, to get the best results out of Skype we suggest that you have a broadband internet connection (cable, DSL, etc). GPRS is not supported for voice calls and results using satellite internet connections may vary.

as with most internet-hungry apps, will work with a modem (33.6k or faster speed) - more prone to lower quailty, but for best results use a broadband connection. as far as i know gprs is the moblie phone network and i assume this means connecting to the net via your mobile. i doubt you are using a satelite connection unless you live out whoop-whoop.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: If Interested Thu, 07 July 2005 08:00 Go to previous message
Hi-Ace wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 10:06

Hi-Ace wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 15:22

10-4 good buddy,whats your 20

Yep thats a big 5 by 5 on my big ear but i want to cq dx cq dx for any yl's on the side, mustangs calling
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Your car and your personality
Next Topic:The Nismo LM-GT4 replicas HAVE ARRIVED !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:54:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059490203857422 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.