Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
icon10.gif  TA22 GT Decals Thu, 07 July 2005 13:01 Go to next message
We have carefully reproduced the famous GT stripes!! These are photos of the first trial and as you can see they are not very far off perfection at all. We have the correct GT font to produce a genuine looking Decal.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=13051

In these photos we decided to test out "22" instead of "GT" to see how it looks and are very happy with the results. As well as these two options you will also have the choice of "LT", "ST" or any other writing you prefer. For an authentic look, we have all the original GT stripe colour combinations or choose your own colour combinations to suit your vehicle.

We also offer professional installation for Melbourne customers. We recommend that interstate and international customers seek assistance from local professionals for the application of decals.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=13052

We are considering heavily discounted or free installation for group buys and possibly a discount for Toymods forum users.

We stress that these photos taken are of our first application and minor fine tunings have since been applied to offer you a perfect reproduction of a forgotten icon.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=13053

Price for this 26 piece decal set(drivers side and passenger side) is AU$250.00

For any orders or enquiries please dont hesitate to call George on 0402871092.

Attachment: gtstripes3.gif
(Size: 123.70KB, Downloaded 382 time(s))
Attachment: gtstripes2.gif
(Size: 123.34KB, Downloaded 381 time(s))
Attachment: gtstripes1.gif
(Size: 123.99KB, Downloaded 368 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Fri, 08 July 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: TA22 GT Decals Fri, 08 July 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw some lady and her friend driving this car down Warrigal Road after leaving Safeway a couple of weeks ago... Lookin' very shmick buddy. Smile

*bump* :
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: TA22 GT Decals Fri, 08 July 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why isn't there a thread on the members rides section for this car???(or have I missed it? Embarassed )
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Fri, 08 July 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks SIMDOG, yeah that would have been us we just live nearby there.

74GT: I would post a thread in the members section but i dont have any hosting pics, and from previous toymods experience people on here only give a rats if its all toyota ie: i have a nissan engine. So i'd rather just leave it up to individuals who actually are interested in this car to cantact me and have a chat about it. Smile
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: TA22 GT Decals Sat, 09 July 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD_22 wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 09:56

Thanks SIMDOG, yeah that would have been us we just live nearby there.

74GT: I would post a thread in the members section but i dont have any hosting pics, and from previous toymods experience people on here only give a rats if its all toyota ie: i have a nissan engine. So i'd rather just leave it up to individuals who actually are interested in this car to cantact me and have a chat about it. Smile

Yeh would love to see a write up on your car mate! I have always liked the limited photos in your avatar.As for people slagging off about putting in a non toyota engine tell them to simple fukk off,they obviously have no idea.I would much prefer to have a C18 in my ta22 rather than the 3tgteu for soo many reasons...But anyways enough with the hijak,the stripes are lookin really smikk but as a word of advice if they were perhaps a little under 200 I know enen tho they are not my cup of tea id grab a set just for the heck of it Wink Best of luck with it anyways and post your car up dammit!! Very Happy
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Sat, 09 July 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We know the price is out of most Toymod forum users budget. But at the same time we dont want to flood the market. These stripes were extremely rare and we want to keep it that way. like I said we are prepared to heavily discount group orders for example for an order of 5 sets we will do them for $200 each. Or if you are in Melbourne we could offer you free installation(valued at $70 per hour).

TurboRA40
Regular

March 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Sat, 09 July 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work on the stripes. Any plans for RA23/8 GT stripes? I could go a set of those!

Glen
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Sat, 09 July 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason we have done the TA22 stripes is obviously because we own TA22's. Manufacturing of other stripes will depend on the popularity and demand. As a great amount of work goes into reproducing something like this it would have to worthwhile. But you never know. We would definatley like to do other cars.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Tue, 12 July 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump. This is a good quality product guys.
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT Decals Wed, 13 July 2005 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look nice but a bit pricey.. would love to see some pics of the GT style ones you have.

out of curiosity what are the colour combos for the original ones. may be interested a lil down the track.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Wed, 13 July 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT ones will look exactly the same onlt with "GT" instead of "22".

The original stripe colours were determined by the original colour of the car. There are a number of different combinations.

There seems to be a number of people commenting that it is too pricey. I have written about this issue before. I have also mentioned a heavy discount for group buys of 5 or more. I am talking 25%.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT Decals Wed, 13 July 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the price, it means everyone wont be doing it. What can the expected life of these be?
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Thu, 14 July 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The vinyl we use is rated at about 7 years outdoor life until any sign of deterioration, thats if it does at all. The sun will not fade the material before the 7 years, unless maybe you leave it in the dessert. I am not trying to say that it is bullet proof, but it is very good, and the glue will last the longest out of it all.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: TA22 GT Decals Thu, 14 July 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome idea...if i ever resprayed a TA22 of mine i would serious consider the stripes..but with the decals it is more likely....ill definitely keep it in mind
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Thu, 14 July 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its good to hear some positive feedback guys. Thanks so much. We just wanted to do it because you cannot get these anywhere anymore. Also for the love of old school Celica's Very Happy being the Celica junkies we are. Razz
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Sat, 16 July 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT Decals Sat, 16 July 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put it in your sig dude. Then no bumps are required.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Sat, 16 July 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice idea Wink
but i dont post much Crying or Very Sad
BigBadBenny
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT Decals Mon, 18 July 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate,
Great too see a top job. If I had not have already put a pin stripe of my rally car I would have gone for the stickers.
but I do have another celica (in my avatar) that is in storage at the moment and when I work out what is on the plans for it, a sticker kit will be a must,
and keep the price as it is.
Imagine the cost of genuine GT stickers, heck!
keep up the celica spirit!
Benny
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT Decals Mon, 18 July 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would love to know the colour combo for a silver ta22 then.
how long will these be on offer for. do i have awhile?
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: TA22 GT Decals Tue, 19 July 2005 06:00 Go to previous message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=13352

these are the original colour combinations. These will be on offer for as long as people are ordering them. I have not had one order yet so at this stage it looks like i will be the only one with gt stripes. Which isn't all that bad Wink

Attachment: sutoraipu02.jpg
(Size: 24.55KB, Downloaded 113 time(s))

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: AE82 Twincam Seca style interior and exterior parts:
Next Topic:delete plzzzz.......dis is gone
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:45:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071620941162109 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.