Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Cheap 1988 MKIII supra steering rack for MX83 adaptation

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sjsj
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Cheap 1988 MKIII supra steering rack for MX83 adaptation Tue, 05 July 2005 09:28 Go to next message
Folks - in trying to eliminate the luxury-barge lack of steering response, I look to the MX83's brother, the Supra for an answer. At least according to http://www.thermactor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21 &highlight=steering+rack+supra
the Supra rack can be adapted somehow, though not much real detail is given.

So looking for cheap MA70 (Supra MKIII) steering rack one for experimentation with. Must be the type without progressive power steering (electrics). Tie rod ends might be handy too.

Cheery,
sjsj
  Send a private message to this user    
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

Re: Cheap 1988 MKIII supra steering rack for MX83 adaptation Tue, 05 July 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sjsj wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 19:28

Folks - in trying to eliminate the luxury-barge lack of steering response, I look to the MX83's brother, the Supra for an answer. At least according to http://www.thermactor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21 &highlight=steering+rack+supra
the Supra rack can be adapted somehow, though not much real detail is given.

So looking for cheap MA70 (Supra MKIII) steering rack one for experimentation with. Must be the type without progressive power steering (electrics). Tie rod ends might be handy too.

Cheery,
sjsj

i have a MA70 Supra Power steering rack, fully rebuilt with toyota warranty, not used now cos JZA70 conversion, paid $1010 @ toyota make me a decent offer and shes urs, i'm in no rush.
sjsj
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Cheap 1988 MKIII supra steering rack for MX83 adaptation Tue, 05 July 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoah! $1010. Man, can't afford that!! I'm sure someone said I can get a refurb unit for $150 (perhaps a dream?!).
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: Cheap 1988 MKIII supra steering rack for MX83 adaptation Tue, 05 July 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got one sitting in a half cut not sure on price yet
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: Cheap 1988 MKIII supra steering rack for MX83 adaptation Thu, 07 July 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jza70 rack $100 plus freight in brisbane.email me if you like.Cheers.Pete.
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

Re: Cheap 1988 MKIII supra steering rack for MX83 adaptation Sat, 09 July 2005 06:42 Go to previous message
manmx83 wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 02:53

jza70 rack $100 plus freight in brisbane.email me if you like.Cheers.Pete.

im only assuming as i had a bastard of a time with the steering racks from a MA70 and JZA70, both the same etc etc, except the inlet and outlet bolts are at a differant angle and the 2 little pipes to the rack are on a differant angle too, when placing a MA70 unit under a 1jz clearance was a big issue, but when we placed the jza70 unit in clearance was not even on the mind Smile

i have receipted for the rack, as i said make me a decent offer and ill consider, even via pm if you prefer.

good luck and best regards,
Casey.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: Stereo system
Next Topic:WTB levin Grill
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:15:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042579174041748 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.