Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine does the fuel gauge thing whenver i fill the car up fulltank

then when u turn the ignition on the fuel gauge does a few disco moves (lollllll) (actually just blinks a few times) then shows all the bars in the fuel gauge

and yeah the black canister nfi what that does Confused Shocked 80

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 05:04]

Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 13:54

indian wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 09:07

everytime i turn the car on the digital tacho resets
y is this happening Confused Confused

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

I am with you man, how does a tacho reset. Although i have had my dash chase the fuel gauge and fuel light once before maybe it is something like that?

nah he means the twin trip meter.

every time the car gets turned off and turned back on, it resets back to 0km.

also, what are these disco moves you're referring to with the fuel gauge etc?

mine never does that...

although if i park my car on a slope, and then turn it on again, sometimes it thinks ive got no fuel in the car... after driving for a while it figures out "hang on a minute, yes i do!' and updates Rolling Eyes
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

well the trip meter makes sense
anyways regarding to the disco dance lolllll

everytime the tank is filled to full and the car is turned on after filling the fuel the fuel gauges flashes a few times with the indicator showing full and then goes back to normal display

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 05:36]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would someone be able to tell me how much i'd be looking at for some koni shocks + king lows for my GZ20?

or something similar. I've decided I won't go coilovers for various reasons, however my suspension is getting beyond a joke at the moment.

I must record a clip of how much it bounces Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KONIS (YELLOW) ARE I THINK $90 0r so each so x 4
KING /LOVELLS AROUND 200-250
KINS DON’T MAKE SUPER LOW LOVELLS ARE PRETTY LOW JUST LOOK AT MINE TO SEE HOW LOW IT IS
GUAREENTEED TO SCRAPE, LOLLLLLLLLLLL
There a set for sale in the wheel section atm get in there quick they are king springs though so I don’t know how low they will be

shite for got fitting charge of around 250 for everything

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 06:26]

Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That disco he is refering to is as soon he turns on his ignition after filling a full tank, the fuel gauge bars start to flash and then it just reads a completly empty tank.

From what i read this means that the signal isnt getting to the dash from the fuel sensor. This happended to me when i first got my car and periodically happens It was actually quite a shock driving it to uni shortly after recieving the car and you
have a full tank that after 40 mins reads empty lol.

I was told to take the sensor out of the tank and clean it with some wd40. I did that and it seemed to help but occasionaly it will read some silly reading. The sensor itself just looks like a toilet float and when cleaning it, it seemed like that it wasnt actually that well made(sorry toyota) as it felt like there was a little play in it. Maybe thats it. The contacts occasionally dont line up corectly and give crappy readings.

Ohhwell just live it. Work out how many litres you use to go 100km and use your oddometer/trip metter to work out how much petrol you have left!

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have only ever had the disco lights once but i am pretty sure the gauge read full then turned off as the fuel light turned on, then as the fuel light turned off the gauge when full and did this cycle about once every second.

But maybe the gauge read empty, hence why the fuel light came on. i turned the car off them back on and nothing changed, drove it for a few K's and it worked out. i thought maybe i filled it too much??? but i guess that is a little silly
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys. got my new ride yesturday... a 91 TT soarer. though only standard its goes better then i thought. so that just makes me even more keen to start on the build up. seeing that it already has steel wheel turbos.... this thing should fly!! Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 19:25

That disco he is refering to is as soon he turns on his ignition after filling a full tank, the fuel gauge bars start to flash and then it just reads a completly empty tank.

wrong

After the ignition is turned on the gauge flashes a few times and then shows a FULL tank not an empty tank

Although it did once show me an empty tank I turned he car off and started it again and it was showing full

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 22:15

ok guys. got my new ride yesturday... a 91 TT soarer. though only standard its goes better then i thought. so that just makes me even more keen to start on the build up. seeing that it already has steel wheel turbos.... this thing should fly!! Very Happy

If the car is still standard then the 1jz-gte have the ceramic wheels not the steel ones unless they have been changed to steel by the previous owner and yeah they are pretty quick even in stock form , my friend has one it pulled hard even with 3 people in the car could feel us all being shoved into the seat when he floored it lollllllll that thing pulled 158kw with only a pod filter be carefull of the power steering pump that’s one of the main things to go on them which in turn will leak power steering fluid into the alternator and cause that to die as well im not very sure on that but PLANET SOARER will be able to help u out a lot
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the previous own changed the tubos about a year ago. apparently its just what they put in them when the reondition them. its also got a recon box in the past 2 months....

anyone know what 1/4 the standar ones did???
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could be a 1991 GZ20 soarer.

They may have made them, they made the MZ20 in 1991...
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no its the new shape... i think its called the zz30???
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh ok.

yeah, the TT new shape one is the JZZ30. Smile

Pics!! Cool Surprised
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Merudo, I have some front Apexi Coilovers and some Lowered springs and shocks for the rear out of my car if ya want. I now have Tein Coilovers in it. PM me and we can talk if ya want.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 00:58]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also i think dusky has a set of rear coilovers for a Soarer for sale as well...just to complement Adams sale Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys this seems to be annoying me for a whle now its static electricity every time I get out of the car and try to close the door I get a pretty good static shock of the door is there anyway to prevent this situation im starting to get real annoyed with it ,could it be some bad earthing somewhere any help ?????

Cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hang one of those static straps from your rear bumper...

the only problem with that is it looks completely homosexual Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 12:58

hang one of those static straps from your rear bumper...

the only problem with that is it looks completely homosexual Laughing

you could attach it like right under the car in the middle or something though, couldnt you?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah fcuk the strap idea they look ghey Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

possibility of it being mounted somewhere in the middle of the car sounds good though
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well go to a rubber shop, buy a strip of it and mount it under your car...

problem solved Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard of thiose things not working for some people though why?????????
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 12:40

Guys this seems to be annoying me for a whle now its static electricity every time I get out of the car and try to close the door I get a pretty good static shock of the door is there anyway to prevent this situation im starting to get real annoyed with it ,could it be some bad earthing somewhere any help ?????

Cheers

thats been happening to me a lot lately on my rona ever since i got a new battery. Smile
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax

I know the V8's run around 16's. dunno about the TT's but i would think it would be close so about 15's, but thats a guess.

And as for earthing no i don't think it will be because of it. I think it doesn't help when it is cold the static builds up from the air rushing past the car. the only way to stop it is running the wire (and you can probably use any wire) to even out the charge with ground, or wear non conductive shoes, i can't remember if rubber soles prevent or help electrostatic discharge though.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 05 July 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god damn i whinge a lot.

oh well.

if anyone sees a soarer drivers side window for sale PM me Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 00:36]

F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just bough my new ride 91 soarer TT

name: Aka

Ride: Toyota Soarer TT 91
stock standard except for a K&N pod filter.

would love to hear from you guys about what kind of mods gives the best results. value for money eise.

Right now looking for a BOV. any suggestions?

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why bother with a bov? the stock one sounds awesome IMO nice and subtle Wink

id crank a cooler and exhaust with a fuel cut defender, that should get you around the 190-200rwkw mark Smile

got to love teh 1JZ Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a blitz bov if u want it but the spring in it has been cut lolllll and u will need an adapter to put it in ur car the bov had adapter for sr20 engine , basically a straight length of pipe attached to bov so is easy to put into other cars
$120 if u want it its the blitz supersound one

mr 1j Stock bov cant be vented to atmo if that’s what u wanted to do forget it as its open on idle and car will stall/idle rough most probably lollll but u will get the flutter noise from the turbo if u have the pod filter on

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 00:28]

F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock does pretty good, but just want something a bit more louder. not going 2 put a exhaust any time soon.

just love it when it boosts up and then lets a hishhhhhh out. love the look on unsuspected predistrians and other drivers face.
just priceless.

so yeah i m just loving it right now Very Happy

just need a bigger sound! Is there any BOV that fits straight into the factory position? budget would be $250 max.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F.C.U.K wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:14

stock does pretty good, but just want something a bit more louder. not going 2 put a exhaust any time soon.

just love it when it boosts up and then lets a hishhhhhh out. love the look on unsuspected predistrians and other drivers face.
just priceless.

so yeah i m just loving it right now Very Happy

just need a bigger sound! Is there any BOV that fits straight into the factory position? budget would be $250 max.

I gather that this is ur first turbo car by the way u describe the bov feeling lollllllll always want it louder in the start to scare people hahahaha

Yeah the stock bov wont be really loud u need something aftermarket blitz is the proven one for being the loudest , gfb ones are good too

U can get universal adapters from autobarn for the 1jzgte engine get one of them and fit whatever valve u fancy on it its not hard to do , ive done it for a few friends u need to take the stock one off though for the aftermarket one to work properly

If u want really loud sound get a small bov so it will always be pressurised and go off really loud type 1 or 2 should be sufficient for that

But u cant beat the blitz one for sound come to think of it there on for sale for ur type of car in the for sale section hope its still there go check it out soon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian you can still hear a plumback bov when you have a pod filter...its not flutter...definitiely a bov, bov goes woosh, fultter makes a very different sound Wink
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 09:34

yeah the previous own changed the tubos about a year ago. apparently its just what they put in them when the reondition them. its also got a recon box in the past 2 months....

My stock as a rock JZZ30 did 14.6s down the 1/4. Best of 2.2s 60" foot time. No too bad IMO. This is Darwin also with our lovely hot and humid air. You southerners should be able to do better with the lower temps I reckon.

As Mr 1JZ said, exhaust, cooler, boost controller, FCD and you'll be laughing all the way to the track. You've got steel wheeled turbos all ready so that restriction is gone.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some help here boys to do a manual to automatic conversion

Do I need a brake pedal from a manual cut or can I use the same brake pedal from the automatic car

Also for the clutch pedal , do I need a clutch master cylinder or can the master cylinder in the automatic car( the one for the brake) be used for that

I have nfi about these conversions, so the q’s
F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any guys here in sydney whos got a really nice BOV which they r happy with and costed them less then $250? could you please give me details of the item. how long does it take to change them? and yes its my 1st turbo car.

not just 1 turbo got 2 Very Happy

It does have a lot of power compare 2 my celica and i m treating with a lot of respect. as far as i figure i look after her and she will look after me in d long run!

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 02:19]

fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:26

Some help here boys to do a manual to automatic conversion

Laughing I hope you mean auto to manual Wink

indian wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:26

Do I need a brake pedal from a manual cut or can I use the same brake pedal from the automatic car

Also for the clutch pedal , do I need a clutch master cylinder or can the master cylinder in the automatic car( the one for the brake) be used for that

I have nfi about these conversions, so the q’s

I know the brake pedal on an auto is usually larger than on a manual. It depends on how much clearance there is.

And you're gonna need a master cylinder for the clutch.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLITZ matey u cant go wrong with it they also are the loudest and have a nice sound

and yeah automatic to manual sorry lolll

god damn hope the brake pedal can still be used

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 02:15]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian just cut the auto brake pedal down, thats what I did on my conversion and yes you will need to install the clutch master and clutch pedal, the clutch pedal bolts to the master which goes into the firewall and you know what!

bets bit is the holes for the master are already drilled Very Happy
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:42

god damn hope the brake pedal can still be used

If you existing one is too big, just trim it down a little. The grinder is you friend! Laughing

Edit: Mr1JZ beat me to it. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 02:35]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lolll thanks buddy

so cut the brake pedal down u guys gotta show me what to do wehn i start to do it ok

what other cars clutch master can we use apart from ma70,ga70 supra and the cressida (cant remeber what model/year)

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 02:22]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt think the cressy came manual Confused

but yeah, find one from a supra, fairly easy to get Smile
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great auto to manual site here (poombah's site)

Information on removing and reattaching the bits here
That's for a 7M so numbers of bolts etc will be a bit different, but still very handy.

Wiring diagrams for the auto should be available somewhere. Not sure if it's different for a G series engine or not. You should just need to bridge the neutral start switch and wire up the reverse switch.

Justin

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the difference between a pull type clutch and a push type? Other than the obvious Surprised

What's the advantages or disadvantages of one or the other?
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 12:43]

earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just an update..

My GZ20 now features a 1JZ-GTE from a 1991 JZA-70 Supra.
Only mods are a custom "Y" dump pipe, custom intercooler piping and a large Hybrid style intercooler.
I'm still using the A340E auto box that was behind the 1G-GTE. Reason being MV Automatics said the A340E can go past 300kw easily, but the A342E from the 1JZ-GTE starts to run out of legs around 300kw. I'll be getting a stage 1.5 shift kit from those guys as I've been in a 1JZ Chaser with the kit and damn does it shift hard Smile

Had to be the easiest engine conversion ever. Just drop the GZ20 subframe with gearbox and engine still attached. Roll the JZA70 subframe with 1JZ and gearbox attached under the Soarer. Lower Soarer and bolt subframe on. Bolt everthing else on. How cool is it that everthing from the JZA70 bolts straight up to the GZ20. Every bolt hole, screw hole, aircon lines, etc all line up. Only bolt hole needed to be drilled is for the MAP sensor. Wiring was a little tricky as there aren't many detailed GZ20 1G-GTE wiring diagrams about, but found that most of the wires joined up fairly easy, ie red with orange trace on GZ20 loom matched red with yellow trace on JZA70 loom, etc.

- Chris.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice man, welcome to the club. Seems to be a bit of a common thing now. Stupid toyota - Should have released them from factory... hehehe
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 06 July 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 23:37

Should have released them from factory... hehehe

It is very odd - late 90 and 91 model Z20's should have had the 1JZ motor. Would've made a lot of sense!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done chris!

I cant belive how quickly you got that done!

BTW you will get bored with the auto very quickly...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_8079.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_8108.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_7976.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_7971.jpg

Look at that stock ride height!

Those are TT_50AR's (white soarer) and mine (silver) from last sunday's BBQ and meetup for the central coast modified car club

I should've washed my car before I went, heheheh

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 00:47]

fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez Merudo, can you park? Laughing Razz

Sorry I thought it funnier than it actually was...

Those rims on the white Soarer! Got dish?
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fingers wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:37

My stock as a rock JZZ30 did 14.6s down the 1/4. Best of 2.2s 60" foot time. No too bad IMO. This is Darwin also with our lovely hot and humid air. You southerners should be able to do better with the lower temps I reckon.

As Mr 1JZ said, exhaust, cooler, boost controller, FCD and you'll be laughing all the way to the track. You've got steel wheeled turbos all ready so that restriction is gone.

dam thats about a whole sec faster then i thought. not bad. and yeah the turbos are one of the things that really sold me on this car. after talking to sico1j he says they should handel up to 16-18 psi..... looking at around 250rwkw with all the supporting gear of course....
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fingers wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 10:52

us new south welshman dont believe in parking straight
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 10:23

fingers wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:37

dam thats about a whole sec faster then i thought. not bad. and yeah the turbos are one of the things that really sold me on this car. after talking to sico1j he says they should handel up to 16-18 psi..... looking at around 250rwkw with all the supporting gear of course....

They should handle more than 16-18 PSI shouldn't they? Prolly way out of their efficiancy range at hose levels though...
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 10:25

us new south welshman dont believe in parking straight

Angle Parking; Any angle! Wink
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one this the soarer cruises up here have realised is you cant park heaps of soarers in standard spots. the doors are too big. we always take up a little more spots then there are cars.
1JZMZ
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will a MA70 cross member fit up exactly in place of a MZ10 cross member?

Just I read that its an exact fit up into a GZ20.

If so this would be great as it would totaly negate the need for a front sump. What about the power steering from the MA70 would this come opver too?
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey mate here r some more pix of my rims
but rims r gettin sold this wkend... so if any1 is interested pm me....
http://www.sydneycruising.com/albums/album03/7_1_2_3_4.sized.jpg
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there any 1UZ-FE Z20 soarers around??

just wondering, you dont see many..

also cruzsida, if you read this, i remember you mentioning how you had to get a custom bellhousing and flywheel to use a manual gearbox on a 1UZ. But i was reading in a thread earlier about a guy who put a 1UZ-FE in his MX-5... and he used the W58 box, just with a modified auto bellhousing and a 3SGE flywheel.

I didn't think that would be possible!

Also, how do you think the 1UZ would feel in a Z20 soarer?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 07 July 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon that would be an awesome conversion, and it could be cheaper if you used an auto box as the manual conversion kills the budget...

but it would be a sweet conversion...even better if you strapped a pair of GT3040's to the side Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 09:52

i reckon that would be an awesome conversion, and it could be cheaper if you used an auto box as the manual conversion kills the budget...

but it would be a sweet conversion...even better if you strapped a pair of GT3040's to the side Wink

get that v8 pulse and a turbo kick? how can you lose!

Pages (51): [ «  <  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 07:37:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013605117797852 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.