Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 00:42 Go to next message
BEST MOVIE EVAR

well...I've waited for this one since the previews and i must say it has exceeded my expectations. This movie owns all the Batman movies put together X 1000!

It has such a different style to the other Tim Burton movies, and portrayed the superhero as a dark and emotinoal character. The storyline ties in very well with the other movies and the emphasis on Bruce's beginnings is just brilliant.

Christian Bale does a wonderful job, definately the best bruce wayne/batman to date ( Laughing @ George Clooney) Liam Neeson & Morgan Freeman also are damn good actors

Well worth the money, go see it!
  Send a private message to this user    
johne
Regular

March 2005
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooo cant wait till i get to watch this been hearing so much good things about this.. mhmm wonder if i can go today.. ahha
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the only good batman so far has been michael keaton - at least he did the whole "dark and troubled" dude very well. val kilmer and george clooney were shithousen batmen.

Batman begins, from the previews, definitly looks the best. And christian Bale rocks (equilibrium rocks your jocks, for a cheaply made movie - but don't listen to Joorsh when he tells you it cost $20k)
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, im still going to see the longest yard sat night Razz
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/117918.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i wanna go see this real soon, cant wait for it. good to hear they were going a more gothic style with this one similar to the 1st
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, its worth seeing. Its a fantastic movie, had my attention from start to end.

His acting is far better than any other one, it really stands on its own two feet as a proper movie (not a pre-sequal) and its got Katie Holmes...... Laughing

BTW Did I mention it has Katie Holmes? I love the whole "Why dont the army use this suit?" "because a solider isnt worth $300,000" Its so true its kinda scarey.

And the chase scene across the roof's ......... bad.

One thing I didnt like were the fight scenes. I hate how all the new Directors do this fast pace flashing camera thing. Bring back the old days of actors who can fight! But there wasnt that many in the whole movie, so its not a biggie.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of fight scenes, go check out this thai movie ong bak!!

btw, i might be outdated but was wondering why batman begins has all the great supporting casts like liam neeson, morgan freeman, katie holmes Razz but a not so well known main actor as batman??

what show did the batman dude act in??
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 17 June 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesn't matter, he did a MARVELLOUS job and really suits the character well!
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Sat, 18 June 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian bale. he was in american psycho which is an awsome movie. he all has the lead role in that machinist movie that is out now(at least i think its out now). good actor.

chris
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Batman Begins Sat, 18 June 2005 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i thought it was good too, but it needed the REAL batmobile
http://www.625-net.ru/archive/0493/2car_bat3.jpg
or the batcar
http://www.uah.edu/~jim/batmobile1.jpg
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Batman Begins Sun, 19 June 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was reading the paper yesterday and they were saying how grim it was and that it wasn't very good. So after that I thought I would go and see it as I tend to have the opposite opinion to movie critics and awards people.

I thought it was really good, way better than all the other ones. Not like the usual superhero/comic book movies like spiderman etc.

Also agree about the flashy fight scenes. Pisses me off because I get a headache. In some movies I will just close my eyes for a couple of seconds and listen so I don't get a headache.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Batman Begins Sun, 19 June 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i liked it alot - the only gripe was the car on roof thing - otherwise mega multi facited coolness with extra added cool Smile

Def. the best batman yet - followed closely by the first and second Micheal keaton ones ..

I hope chris gets another crack at the suit - his mannerisms suit the double life bruce wayne / batman to a tea
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was really impressed with this as well

saw it at the drive-in cinema at heddon gretta near newcastle.... was awesome
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw it last night, it was really good. The explanations of his origins were great. The villans were great, not overdone like many of these superhero films. Supporting cast was excellent, Mogan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Rutger Hauer. Great lineup of TALENTED actors, not just big names.

Hope they make some more along the same lines.
benjamin_6000
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i sore the movie on the day it came out, very cool but some inconsistincies

at the end

- lt gorden uses the bat signel but batman gives it to him in the true first one

- the joker isn't created yet hes still johnny

- the scare crow gets away but hes not in the rest of the movies

other than that it is a bloody good movie
benjamin_6000
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

what show did the batman dude act in??[/quote]

america phsyco
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Bale is a bloody good actor! Certainly up there with the likes of Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Ken Watanabe, Hauer, Caine, Oldman list goes on.

My only real beef with the movie is Katie Holmes, I just don't see why she got the role - maybe it's because she's the only actress who could agree to a contract that said she wouldn't wear a bra on cold sets or something. Considering how good the male lead/supporting cast were it seems kinda inconsistent.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was awesome, but I think they should've tied it into the 'other' first batman. Like when his parents get killed, in the original first one, it's by Jack before he becomes joker and he says "Tell me kid, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?" That was much cooler than the dirty bum who they had in the new one.

Tim.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw it at the drive-ins with the GF on Sat night, great movie!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Mon, 20 June 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeahup - pretty sweet flick eh? Apparently this is true to the comic-book origins of Batman - the Joker never had anything to do with Bruce's parents murder in the comic books.

That said, I can't imagine anyone ever topping Jack Nicholson as "The Joker"
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Batman Begins Tue, 21 June 2005 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great movie. good to see its characterised more as a real life story and not a cartoon.

would have been better if katie got her tits out Laughing but it did look cold in a few scenes.

i think m keaton ties for first place. he does the voice well and has a better angular style face.
deff worth seeing movie. would be a great way to start a remake of them all again.

as for the really quick flashy style of filming in the fight scenes although im not a fan i think it adds to the intencity of the scene.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Batman Begins Wed, 22 June 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant stand Katie Holmes, she shits me. And she looks like hse has had a stroke, only talkes out of half her mouth (ever noticed the mostly only film her from one side)
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Batman Begins Wed, 22 June 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Checked this one out last nite. Awesome movie, Katie Holmes was ok... bit tight, wouldnt do it with batman.

If u aint seen it... see it.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Batman Begins Wed, 22 June 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benjamin_6000 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 13:12

i sore the movie on the day it came out, very cool but some inconsistincies

at the end

- lt gorden uses the bat signel but batman gives it to him in the true first one

- the joker isn't created yet hes still johnny

- the scare crow gets away but hes not in the rest of the movies

other than that it is a bloody good movie

I'm pretty sure they are approaching these films seperately, as if the others never existed. The Joker never had anything to do with Bruce's parents deaths anyway.

I just watched the original Batman, and I agree that the Jack Nicholson will be extremely hard to top as the Joker. What they can replace is the horrible music by Prince, found in a few places througout the films.... urghh
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Batman Begins Wed, 22 June 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worst movie ever des
you always pick ghey movies
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Wed, 22 June 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'm pretty sure they are approaching these films seperately, as if the others never existed. The Joker never had anything to do with Bruce's parents deaths anyway.

I just watched the original Batman, and I agree that the Jack Nicholson will be extremely hard to top as the Joker. What they can replace is the horrible music by Prince, found in a few places througout the films.... urghh

are they remaking the original ones?

EDIT: oh yeah and i thought it was awsome. def best batman movie.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 14:21]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 24 June 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Nicholson (even tho I'm not a huge fan) was awesome as the Joker, won't be easily topped.

Quote:

And she looks like hse has had a stroke, only talkes out of half her mouth (ever noticed the mostly only film her from one side)
That's harsh dude! Imagine if she *has* had a stroke Laughing
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Batman Begins Sat, 25 June 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno if you guys noticed this, but the batmobile had a locked diff, you can hear it chirping when it goes around corners.

and it has shocking bodyroll too.

i liked seeing the scarecrow in it, all in all it owned. storyline was a little shaky in bits, but the last two or so batmans didnt have any at all.

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Sat, 25 June 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people pay out the new batmobile but unlike any of the others it actually did all the stunts on film, no computer generated stuff. and its apparently pretty fast too.

chris
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Batman Begins Sat, 25 June 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean it jacked up all those roof tops
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Batman Begins Sat, 25 June 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon this movie sucked,

the plot randomly jumped from bit to bit.

without reading the comics/watching the old movies, it was like watching a good version of the movie while the DVD skipped scenes out.

it sucked.

badly, lucky i didnt pay, because i wouldve asked for my money back.

Eldar.O.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Sun, 26 June 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you mean it jacked up all those roof tops

sorry the roof top bit was a model but when they land in the bat cave after jumping though the waterfall, thats the real car. it can take a 30 foot fall and land with no damage and goes 0-100 in 5 sec.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/batmobile.h tm

chris
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Batman Begins Sun, 26 June 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just read that how stuff works batmobile article, and it sounds pretty cool! Surprised
johne
Regular

March 2005
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 01 July 2005 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just watch it yesterday..

great movie defintiely a must watch.. nananana batman.. LOL
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Batman Begins Sun, 03 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I watched it last night because Initial D was sold out. It was wayyyyyyy better than every other Batman movie although sometimes the suspension of disbelief crossed the line a bit ie: consider how much water is contained in the human body and what powerful microwave emissions would do it Rolling Eyes but still well worth watching.

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed poor Katie was a bit cold in that silk shirt Wink but did it annoy anyone else that Christian Bale has no lips?! Best part is its only the 2nd movie I've ever seen where Gary Oldman doesnt die and the first one where he hasn't been the bad guy Shocked
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Sun, 03 July 2005 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 15:45

dunno if you guys noticed this, but the batmobile had a locked diff, you can hear it chirping when it goes around corners.

and it has shocking bodyroll too.

i liked seeing the scarecrow in it, all in all it owned. storyline was a little shaky in bits, but the last two or so batmans didnt have any at all.

bloody car freak!!! Rolling Eyes
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Batman Begins Wed, 06 July 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, if that microwave weapon was designed to evaporate water, and seeing as we're 90% water, shouldn't all the people have evaporated too?? Freak
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Batman Begins Wed, 06 July 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 16:59

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed poor Katie was a bit cold in that silk shirt Wink

Mmmmm nice Razz
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Batman Begins Thu, 07 July 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 22:58

Yeah, if that microwave weapon was designed to evaporate water, and seeing as we're 90% water, shouldn't all the people have evaporated too?? Freak

70% I think, but yeah the people should have evaporated. But it's hollywood remember Razz
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Thu, 07 July 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 10:44

smashed_wombat wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 22:58

70% I think, but yeah the people should have evaporated. But it's hollywood remember Razz

yup - around 70% depending on bodyfat % etc... - and it drove Me nuts for the whole second half of the film, that people weren't exploding from their blood getting boiled! (the brain is closer to 90% water . . . )
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Batman Begins Thu, 07 July 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i watched the original batman the otherday. and im not talkin the one with micheal keitan.... im talkin adam west. PS worst funniest lamest crappiest movie ever. i reccomend everyone see this atleast once
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Batman Begins Thu, 07 July 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOCKA wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 20:53

i watched the original batman the otherday. and im not talkin the one with micheal keitan.... im talkin adam west. PS worst funniest lamest crappiest movie ever. i reccomend everyone see this atleast once

Mmmmmmmm... . . shark repellant !
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 08 July 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 16:59

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed poor Katie was a bit cold in that silk shirt Wink but did it annoy anyone else that Christian Bale has no lips?! Best part is its only the 2nd movie I've ever seen where Gary Oldman doesnt die and the first one where he hasn't been the bad guy Shocked

2nd movie ? Confused
what was the first?
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Batman Begins Fri, 08 July 2005 03:38 Go to previous message
The Contender. Awesome political drama. He still played the bad guy but its not an action movie so he doesn't actually get killed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:For tha trance lovers
Next Topic:crashing a car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:46:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093560218811035 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.