Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Ford speed sensor wiring Fri, 08 July 2005 01:35 Go to next message
This is a long shot but does anyone know the wiring key for a ford speed sensor (Ea, Au, Ba all the same)?

I'm wiring up the tremec to the GT8 but no wiring diagram came with the sensor. there's white, blue and black to match to 12v, signal and earth. I can make a fair guess but don't want to wreck the sensor by getting it wrong
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ford speed sensor wiring Fri, 08 July 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is something I'll actually have to nut out in the next few days myself - I was going to just get under another Falcon with the mulletmeter and find out for sure, otherwise it'd be in a Gregory's.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Ford speed sensor wiring Fri, 08 July 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone's old man must have a gregory's they can poke their head it? anyone?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Ford speed sensor wiring Fri, 08 July 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The AU has: W, R and BG wires. The BG is ground and the other two wires go directly to the instrument computer.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Ford speed sensor wiring Fri, 08 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that a manual though?

Mal Wood assures me from AU on they all use the same sensor...this one came labelled AU. Wires are White, Blue and Black...all solid colours.

pretty sure the black is ground, the blue is signal and the white is 12v power...seeing it's going into the GT8 the toy wire colurs aren't much help
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Ford speed sensor wiring Fri, 08 July 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah those colours are from the factory service manual. The wires also match whats on my car.
Yumbo
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Ford speed sensor wiring Fri, 08 July 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate i scanned this from the gregorys for an ea may help, it means 3/4 of fuck all to me but someone may know what it means

sorry big (huge) pic but should be easy to read i guess...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~yumbo20/mypic6.jpg
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Ford speed sensor wiring Sat, 09 July 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys,

Yumbo, your scan at least shows that black is earth....unfortunately it doesn't indicate whether white or red is sig or 12v. i'd guess red is 12v but if i'm wrong it's an expensive guess Wink

looks like i'll have to take this sensor into an auto elec or wait for the sparky at Mal Woods to get back from hols Sad
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Ford speed sensor wiring - sorted Mon, 11 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous message
Turns out that Ford in their wisdom change the wire colours at the plug to thr sensor so the loom wires are a different colour...that smart for you.

Anyways, black is earth, blue is sig and white is power. Time to get wiring.

Thanks again for the input
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Radiator Options
Next Topic:Fitting 4A -> W58 bellhousings from group buy.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 21:23:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053980350494385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.