Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Fri, 08 July 2005 10:58 Go to next message
Does anybody know how much these puppies cost??

Anybody running either the gcg hybrid turbos (ball bearing hybrid hi-flowed standard 1jz turbos) in question or something similar? (such as std turbos with steel wheels or high flowed std turbos)

I'd really like a bit of solid info on what power they are making with what other mods and what the spool up and actual driving experience is like.

Anybody have an opinion on which is the better set up out of HKS T3G's or these hybrid hi-flows? I'd imagine the HKS turbo's would provide slightly more top end, the gcg's providing good top end with slightly better spool up?

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Fri, 08 July 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I emailed GCG about hiflowing my CT26 off my 3sgte. They quoted me at $2500 for it to be ball bearinged and hiflowed. I also asked them what power the turbo would put out and they said it would be rated at 700hp. Also take in to account when buying or hiflowing that u'll need an exaust manifold to match.

I hope this helped.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Sat, 09 July 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*BUMP*

Still looking for some answers guys.....
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Sat, 09 July 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*BUMP*

STILL looking for answers guys.....
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Sat, 09 July 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps the supplier will answer your questions?
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Sun, 10 July 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've emailed gcg but as it's the weekend they havent replied yet, thought someone might be able to tell me now.

Still looking for answers and power figures etc on the steel wheeled std turbos/manifolds and hi-flowed std turbos.
Milhouse
Regular

February 2003
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Sun, 10 July 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think they were around the $4500 mark a while ago - not sure if that is still the current price though.
For that money you can pick up a second hand jap single turbo kit Evil or Very Mad Thats where I would spend my money.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Mon, 11 July 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went for the HKS T3G's mate. In the process of buying the set Ender had posted on toymods now.

Seems to me like the best of both worlds, power and response.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: GCG ball-bearing hiflows for 1jz questions-plz help Mon, 11 July 2005 12:00 Go to previous message
update: Heard from GCG themselves that the BB internals fitted into the standard turbos (customer must supply std turbos) costs a whopping $5.5k
To me that seems pretty much insane when you consider the other manifold/turbo/wastegate combinations you could have for this kind of folding.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BIG problems with 1g-gte - Dyno Charts included. . .plz help!!
Next Topic:hilux YN57 Diff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:48:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056331157684326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.