Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Sat, 09 July 2005 08:04 Go to next message
As title says, one slightly (nay fairly) knackered Gen 1 engine. Engine runs but has a knock. Sounds like head damage.

Enquiries open as to:

- engine itself (suit rebuild)
- ancillaries (fuel, spark, turbo, full W2A IC system)
- BRAND NEW ST165 ignition system, with receipts, consisting of leads, dizzy, rotor cap, etc)
- NEAR NEW Xtreme Clutches Heavy Duty single Plate clutch with approx 10,000km on it. Very good condition. Lots of bite and life left.
- BRAND NEW Xtreme Clutches Lightened Flywheel. 4.7kg. (IIRC) Never used and still in box.
- Turbosmart two stage adjustable in cabin boost controller, 12 months old.
- TRD ST16x hi-flo panel filter insert.
- Standard ST165 cat back exhaust system and ST185 dual entry exhaust manifold.
Apexi twin chamber BOV with flange. Handles boost extremely well for anything under two bar.

That just about does it.
Any enquiries welcome and everything must go!

PS: pics available on request or viewing (Melb)

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 08:09]

Send a private message to this user    
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Sat, 09 July 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, there is also a Trust eManage system to suit this engine with support tool that i doubt im gonna use. Should prolly sell it and at least get some money back for it. If anyone is interested make me an offer.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Sun, 10 July 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent!
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Sun, 10 July 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PMs replied.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Tue, 12 July 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will the Trust eManage system suit a gen II 3sgte?
Thanks
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Tue, 12 July 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, it will actually plug and play to all Gen 2's and 3's, unlike the old Gen 1 motor i used to have.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Wed, 13 July 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, how much are you after for it?
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Wed, 13 July 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$300?
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Wed, 13 July 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What condition is it in? What kinda performance gain am i really gonna get from it? Does it come with all the parts i need to use it?
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Wed, 13 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the bits are there to put it on an engine, it was recently taken off mine so i dont see why they wouldn't. Comes with the support tool and cable which allows you to program from a laptop. Its in excellent condition and comes in original box.

As for gains, im not a dyno and i don't know what mods you have, but the unit allows you to adjust fuelling and ignition. It allows you to everything if you have the all the sensors but as it comes, just fuel and ignition. Smile
Molon Lave
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Thu, 14 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pm sent...
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Sat, 16 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, just picked up the engine. Turbo has absolutely no shaft play. I have no idea how the turbo outlasted the motor but it did. Weird to say the least...
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Fri, 29 July 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey kyoto,

do you still have the engine? i wanna fix it up and chuck it into my celica

thanks mate
josh
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Fri, 29 July 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yer mate. Still got it. I worked out the problem. The screws came off one of the TVIS butterflies which then went through the intake manifold to the head, where is looks like they made it through to the tops of the pistons. One of them was pulled out but fucked if i know where the other one went! Will need new pistons a head job to make sure everything's ok but apart from that it looks in remarkably good shape. Brand new everything basically - oil filter, cambelt, oil, ignition system, fuel system all good. Also have literally everything there to match it including alternator, airbox, turbo, exhaust system, all loom and electronics etc.

To tell you the truth i was kinda warming to the idea of doing something with it myself - some sort of RWD conversion would be nice! PM me if you wanna talk about it Josh.

TIm

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 16:51]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Mon, 01 August 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey did anything go through the turbo - any damage the turbine etc? I might be interested in the exhaust manifold + turbo - pm me if they are still for sale (and a price of course!)
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Mon, 01 August 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST165 exhaust manifold btw - not the 185 twin-entry exhaust manifold Very Happy
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wrecking Gen 1 3SGTE - IC/turbo/block/after market bits Tue, 02 August 2005 11:25 Go to previous message
Nothing went through the turbo. Tis in good condition and has only been above "stock" boost a number of times. Got both.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 11:27]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil Cooler & 4A adapter. PICS.
Next Topic:gearbox from st185
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:02:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048670768737793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.