Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ender
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Sun, 19 June 2005 04:31 Go to next message
Twin T3G Turbos Rated for 340HP each with minor mods can put a soarer into 240rwkw. Easily pull 300rwkw with the bigger mods.
No shaft play, excellent bolt on upgrade for any car with a 1JZ GTE.

Brand new water and braided oil lines.

Dump pipes and top mount manifolds wrapped in heat resistant material.
Came off a soarer running T3G's. These are for the 1JZ only.

The only thing you will need to make up are gaskets.

Looking for $3.5k ono Delivered. Total package, not looking to split atm.

Contact me at endermt@optusnet.com.au
or reply to this thread.

Andrew

Attachment: turbos.jpg
(Size: 39.74KB, Downloaded 207 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 04:53]

Send a private message to this user    
Ender
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Tue, 28 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price Drop $3200 Delivered.
Andrew
TwinTurboCelica
Regular

November 2002
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Tue, 28 June 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are the manifolds tuned length? Do you have a dyno sheet? (So I can see the lag). How old are they? Many K'ms? Any pics of them in the car?

Sorry about all the questions... but I might be looking at 2 GT28 turbos (new at $1375 each) and just trying to look at exactly what you have on offer....

Thanks,

Paul.
TwinTurboCelica
Regular

November 2002
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Tue, 28 June 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry... hust found out they are not ball bearing..... I'm looking for response, so they would be no good...

Thanks aways....

Paul.
Ender
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Tue, 28 June 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manifolds are not tuned length.
The turbos have never been on a car so no k'ms and no dyno sheet. Have no idea how old they are.
These are small turbos with excellent response despite their lack of ball bearings.

Attachment: t3g.jpg
(Size: 60.99KB, Downloaded 76 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 05:20]

Kingpin777
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Tue, 28 June 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can certainly vouch for these turbos...

on my Toyota Cresta they hit boost around 3000rpm and pull like a train to 7000rpm...

Im running about 1.2 bar at the moment and approx 350rwhp??
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Tue, 28 June 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you using the "bum meter" kingpin? [rather than a dyno] Very Happy
Kingpin777
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Wed, 29 June 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i am...

though on someone else's soarer with same mods on A.L.S.C

he got 278rwkw in Shootout mode.... Smile
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Thu, 07 July 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
Just want to get a few questions answered before I drop this kinda cash on the setup. I thought the t3g's fit on the standard manifold? Do they fit the std man and this man has been made simply for better flow or is the aftermarket manifold neccesary to fit them?

Also, at $3200 would I not be better off buying the gcg hybrids (I havent checked on the price of the hybrids but I assume it would be similar)? Will they make a lot more power compared to the gcg turbo's and will there be much more lag than the gcg's? I've been told the gcg turbos can also make 300rwkw on the standard manifolds, is this true?

Are the dump's stainless? If I'm going to purchase this setup (which i may do in the near future) I'd like to see at least one manifold and dump unwrapped just to check out the qualitly of the work)

What other mods will be required to make 300 rwKW?

Thanks for putting up with what are possible dumb questions.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Thu, 07 July 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, quick update. Just heard the the gcg hybrid kit is over $5k just for the turbos..... I can see why this hks kit would be popular. Id still like the other questions answered if sombody knows all that info.
Just one more question tho, how much roughly does it cost to have the std turbo's hi flowed with steel wheels and what sort of power are they capable of making?

Thanks again.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Thu, 07 July 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This kit is from a soarer, it will fit my jza70 without any modification, correct?

Ender, once my questions are answered, I'll make a definate decision on whether to buy this kit in the next couple days. If I decide to purchase I'll be able to give you a deposit in 3 weeks, full payment in 5. If they aren't sold of course. This is a realistic payment timeline, I will have no problems organising the funding. It would be sooner but I'm currently having the 1jz installed into my ma70 which is tying up my income.....

Thanks

*bump*
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Fri, 08 July 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Fri, 08 July 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate, im really surprised that no-ones answered you yet....
I'll try and help though...
They bolt upto stock Soarer manifolds, Im assuming then they would bolt upto JZA70's
And the turbo's are rated at 380-440ps.

have a squiz at this link...

http://www.alsc.aus.as/discus/messages/3/27966.htm l?1084155470

these guys know what there talking about
Ender
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Fri, 08 July 2005 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, i forgot about this thread Shocked

The turbos have been sold, didnt take long at the price i was selling them...
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Fri, 08 July 2005 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldnt it piss you off if we can pull the 300rwkw from a pair of $500 nissan turbos........Gonna try! Evil or Very Mad
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Sat, 09 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which nissan turbos are you planning on using? I'm guessing you've made up custom manifolds?
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Sat, 09 July 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its just a plan guys,we have the turbos and a plan involving making up manifolds etc but no hard facts.Just doing a little stirring.If we get anywhere we will start crowing about it.
Its just too expensive going the big name twins IMO,gotta try and find another way........... Mad
Yeah I know,BIG single bla bla bla,I like the idea of good power tucked away under the stock heat shield and I REALLY like the idea of trying to get it CHEAP.
if its possible he says in a small voice Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 09:40]

Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: Twin HKS T3G Turbos Price Drop! Sat, 09 July 2005 23:41 Go to previous message
manmx83 wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 19:36

Its just a plan guys,we have the turbos and a plan involving making up manifolds etc but no hard facts.Just doing a little stirring.If we get anywhere we will start crowing about it.
Its just too expensive going the big name twins IMO,gotta try and find another way........... Mad
Yeah I know,BIG single bla bla bla,I like the idea of good power tucked away under the stock heat shield and I REALLY like the idea of trying to get it CHEAP.
if its possible he says in a small voice Confused

If you can do it for cheap - I'll put my name down for a kit off you. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE 20V Blacktop gearbox, suspension and brakes plus more
Next Topic:FS: 88 Celica Headers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:05:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062789916992188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.