Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you keep the WTA dude?

cause you cant really notice the cover when that WTA is on, thats a pretty bling item. I am going to re-spray mine and heatwrap it, should look bling enough. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Short term I will have the W2A but long term I think I'm going to be forced to run an FMIC.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the price toobs - got the invoice here for all my poping including freight via express post - $180 dollars Finish is UNBELIEVABLY SHINEY!!!

im going to attempt to get some of the pipes in tonight in the hope - i can finish it and have it running sunday with BOV all sorted and such

Oh and a bit of news guys - got onto wolfEMS - they are interested in doing a group Buy for thier ecu's too - I will have to nut out whats coming and whats not with the price though - seeing them mext weekend when mines tuned and hopefully i can have something to put to the board here as a group Buy

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2005 07:56]

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anybody have any experience with RB74 brake pads or Racebrakes? Was going to get Portfield R4S's but these are cheaper and don't require importation...
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd like to jump in and ask a question, if i may.
i am wondering, the guys with w2a coolers... how much boost are u guys running? and how far could u safely take it to?, given the motor and turbo could handle.
i've bought a st205 intercooler and i am chasing up the heat exchanger and pump. i decided to go the w2a setup over an fmic setup. it was a hard choice to make.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you test fitted the 205 core to see if it will not foul the bonnet ? both group A's are more bulgy in this area - so you might wanna check before jumping feet first in
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 08 July 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what i have discovered.. the pipe on the intercooler needs to be straightened abit. and also need some modification on the other end where it connects the throttle body inlet. why wouldnt it clear the bonnet? i know the st205 motor in the 185 clears the bonnet. so fingers crossed for that.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On an otherwise stock engine the 205 intercooler is not the factor limiting boost, the stock turbo and mapping is. The cooler is efficient up to the 350 to close to 400HP mark apparently but in this range and beyond most ppl go FMIC.

I read last week on the GT4OC someone claiming some european guy, i think an Italian, made 500HP using the 205 intercooler. I wouldnt wanna be producing those numbers for any length of time on it though, especially w/o water injection.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackGT4 wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 19:59

i've bought a st205 intercooler and i am chasing up the heat exchanger and pump.

Got the pump if want but recently sold the exchanger.
I have a Group A bonnet too but I will be holding onto this one as its my only spare now.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 11:11

How low did it make your car??

This is with Puffy's King Spring Super Lows on the rear... its so low that the tyres go up into the gaurd.
I had to put almost -2deg camber on it to stop them from hitting the gaurds with my 25mm "Track adjusters"!
http://www.elektranix.com/images/ST185R/ST185-Lowered-by-puffy.jpg

Looks hot Toobs Laughing Thats about what my ride height was at.
But never had to adjust the camber.....what tire size you running?

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant really tell cause theres hand prints all over the pipes but heres my 90 % completed frontmount piping effort ...

does anyone know of a way to make theose bloody wires and hoses under there any neater ???

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/hpcpipes1.jpg

the finish came up literallyu like polished stainless steel - absolutely bling in the sun
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys
I have a really noob question
What dose an Anti lift kit do exactly?

Cheers
YGT
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy: Tyre size is 215/40/17 with 38 offset (minus 25 offset = 13mm total offset)

Classique: Hate to be you at oil change time!!!
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i need to ask...is there a diffrence tween the 165 and 185 rear diff mounts/suspension...i got a feeling my 165 wont pass next inspection due to rust form the mother country
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually it is easy to remove - i made it that way dude - that why theres a silicon joiner before it goes down along radiator - simple inbolt , shift - get into Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next underboonet mod will be an airbox for the pod - and short accelerator cable mod - i hate loathe etc that curl over the top of the engine
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YGT04A wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 19:42

Hi Guys
I have a really noob question
What dose an Anti lift kit do exactly?

Cheers
YGT

Hey dude, I believe they keep all four wheels on ground as they might lift through hard corner exits and launches, If thats incorrect, someone please correct me.

And Stu, Car is look good mate, cant wait to hear about the results, keep us posted.

Does anyone know who's group A this is??:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7248

Its from Australia for sure, check out the plates(awesome plates).
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs I was running same size wheels except different offset which would explain it.

Classique - upgrading to a Gen III 3sgte is worth it alone for where the oil filter is Laughing

I bought this from a toyota clearance for $15 and would have to say its the best and most useful tool I own. Not only does it work on my GT4 but my charade too Very Happy and that filter is in a prick of a spot......against the firewall Rolling Eyes
Everyone with a GT4 needs one of these. Just plugs in like a socket Cool

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2414/dscf00038dv.jpg

BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats awesome.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn man thats one usefull tool!! That is a must have for sure.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A remote oil filter may be in the plans later in but right now , seeing the frontm,ount is basically dine i have to concentrate on sorting out my brakes finally , and geting the thing actually drivable ..

Dads selling our spare car - so ill not be able to take her off the road for weeks at a time - as ill have no other means of trnasport ! ( until i can either purchase a daily - or find a cheap shitter for a year or two )

it might actually see sunshine on moday if im lucky
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 22:29

Does anyone know who's group A this is??:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7248

Its from Australia for sure, check out the plates(awesome plates).

Shocked that car is awesome....... wait a minute, thats my car Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do people do to actually get some brakes on a 185? the stock toyota pads seem to suck quite badly... any suggestions of decent ones that will eat not the rotors away? (short of finding 205 discs) not talking about track brakes, just high friction street pads that can take highway speed stops.. at least higher friction than toyota pads..

EBC black/green? (edit: the PF boys bag the shit out of them)
Ferodo 2000/2500?

suggestions?

Cya, Stewart

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 14:52]

lokiddqd
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat needs to be done to a stocker 185 to bring it up to speed + get some decent suspesion happening? sum ideas/ list of wat to do in sum sort of order would help sh1tload

cheerz
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazedrt104 wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 21:45

i need to ask...is there a diffrence tween the 165 and 185 rear diff mounts/suspension...i got a feeling my 165 wont pass next inspection due to rust form the mother country

Can anybody help me?? is the whole setup diffrent or did toyota use some same parts under there?
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazedrt104 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 09:05

crazedrt104 wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 21:45

Can anybody help me?? is the whole setup diffrent or did toyota use some same parts under there?

Dude, all your questions are answered here:

http://www.gtfours.co.uk/

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm brake kits. I have done a kit in the past using brembo 4 spots and 2 piece DBA rotors...thst' the setup on the white car i sold to zasa. A bit hard core for the street. The setup on the red car is similar in size just a bit heavier and works just as well for street and 95% as well for track.

Again, if there's serious interest i can make this up as a kit. You get billet caliper mounting brakets, Nissan GTs-T 4 spot calipers, 326mm x 30mm WRX Sti rotors. Needs a 17 inch wheel at least and you have to lose the rock shield. If you are willing to source any of the components yourself i can adjust the price accordingly.

I need at least 5 definites
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds good to me Justen, are the Nissan Calipers Brembo? the same used on the white car sold to zasa?

I was going to get ST205 calipers. I would love to fit the 326mm x 30mm WRX Sti rotors, is that possible, using the st205 calipers?

But going down your route, If i sourced the Nissan calipers and the STi rotors, how much will the rest cost? the caliper mounting brackets? 5mm hub spacer and extended strudes? if there needed at all? Also will you need braided brake lines to suit?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 04:06]

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tempting. What price are we looking at?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shouldn't need a spacer with the WXR rotors. The Nissan calipers are sumitomo (?) i believe, same as the RX7 and 205.

For the caliper brackets and fastners i'm guessing somewhere between $150-$200. I can't really price it up until i have rough numbers.

I should stress that as these aren't ADR'd from my perspective they are 'track use' only. Obviously the stresses on the track far exceed what would be experienced on the street so you can draw your own conclusions as to what other uses you are happy to put them to.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep brake upgrades can not be owner certified unless the upgrade is to a brake package which was available on the car from factory.
So upgrading a single piston ST185 front caliper to a 2 piston ST185 caliper would be ok but upgrading to ST205 calipers would require an engineer to sign off.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 14:02

I was going to get ST205 calipers. I would love to fit the 326mm x 30mm WRX Sti rotors, is that possible, using the st205 calipers?

205 calipers are ment for 32mm thick rotors. The STi ones will work though. Im using 2 piece Evo rotors as they are 32mm thick.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
30-32mm is fine. In alot of respects though the Nissan calipers are a better option. Cheaper, more common, more pad choice and overall easier to fit if you want a +300mm rotor.

Blasphemey i know but they are both made by the same company
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The kit will only be decent if you grind away the NISSAN on the calipers. Laughing

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods - in vic the 205 brakes have to be engineered too - or at least inspected - on reason i had to fight to get the 205 rear rotors and brakes as wellto be on the safe side in engineers books

BTW - more news on WolfEMS v4 setups

Talked to them again today - have a price and what they have to offer - just got to clear it with teh mods

Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys!

Just a quick question,
i know there are turbo kits around for our car, and i am fairly sure there is an aussie company that does them, but i can't for the life of my figure out who it was, can anyone help with this??

Regards Nathan
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unsure of turbo kits, there is an American kit from ATS racing based on a CT26 called a CT27 but this isn't really worth it from what i have heard. Better to get a turbo and have something custom fabbed up, say for a TD06 or GT28/35.

Just off topic for a tic, whats the most surprising "kill" you have had in your GT4?

PS: tell me more of these engineers you speak of? Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 11:25]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evo 7 - nuff said
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honda CBR1000 and a Suzuki GSX-R 750....slowly gapped them thru the twisties and then totally toasted them on the straight. I wasn't that surprised but they sure as hell were...stopped for a quick chat and then they talked me into a standing start drag where they got their revenge Smile
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KYOTO wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 20:31

Just off topic for a tic, whats the most surprising "kill" you have had in your GT4?

I killed a wombat on the way to canberra. We were all surprised by the amount of damage these kegs on legs can do Confused

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well what a fun night in gt4 land Smile

my frontmount is officially in , hooked up , clamped and so forth

2 dramas found in install - one of the into core pipes is too short - will need to make another ( one of the only 2 pieces that were not cut by me - the rest are fine )

So thats hooked up - and a goer - should hold i hope for the tune - otherwise its gunna be fun ..

ALSO - ive been wondering why my cars been so shit to start on cold mornings ..

after seeing spectral have a few dramas with hsi wolf - that sounded very similar to mine - i called the guys up and said what was going on - and my concerns seeing they want it first thing saturday am - which is gunna be bloody cold - will it start , or will it leave me stranded ....

the guys suggest - oh - its probasbly the cold start compensation not dialled in high enugh - do this this and this - to adjust it ... So I get in the car today after jump starting for some power ( flat battery - been sitting for too long ) - scroll thru menu's .

Hmmss - Cold start compensate activate ... curious .. * click *

Cold start compensator - disabled .......

THE THING WASNT ON IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

turn on - dial in some compendation - BRUM - first kick

Rolling Eyes Confused Rolling Eyes

shes been ticking over for the last 10 mins warming up - all seems to not go pop as yet though im not 100% sure how to get the bov adusted

Thats my next challenge - BOV experts - hints tips ?
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tough luck on the wombat! Their nasty! a mate of mine hit one and it drove the gearbox 3inches higher then it should be!

No impressive 'kills' for me, but i do enjoy the reaction of p platers in their commodores when they get blasted by a celica (i am on my p's as well) i spose so far my highlight has been an SS wagon that wanted a go...fairly even up to around 65km, then he started to pull away Sad

How do u guys go about cleaning your engine bay?? atm mine is filthy dirty from the rain and the resulting muddy roads (damn gf living on a dirt road Mad ) high pressure water seems like a bad idea (tho would be easy) so how do u guys do it??
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stu

it wouldn't be a gt4 if everything went smoothly Laughing Laughing

cheers Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
High pressure water is what I use to clean my engine bay... that and the degreaser at Carlovers.
1) Spray shitloads of degreaser in engine bay.
2) Wait 5 mins.
3) Wash off with high pressure soap.
4) Rinse with high pressure water.

I just don't spray too hard.

Never had a problem so far, however, on my old AE92 I used to get heaps of water in the dizzy cap and spark plug leads... but then it had a clip on rotor cap and fully exposed leads. The IC on the GT4 shields the leads so its not as likely that you'd get water in there as in the AE92.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I finally put my oil filter relocation kit
back on so that I dont have to take IC pipes off
to get to the filter
will post pic's soon Smile

cheers Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be interested to see how you did it troy - for now obvious reasons Smile
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

no probs stu

I'll be taking photos either today or on the weekend
so I'll post them asap

cheers Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently Beej and I are owning speed mag's ed's in the latest edition - we need more guys to write in obviously and correct them for their wrongly printed statements and even lamer replys ..

OH! First test drive of GT4 + frontmount - response fromn ground control is WELCOME BACK POWER!!!

its sooo nice to drive compared to what ive had to deal with the last few months - and is definanlty a happier GT4 with the frontmount - After numerous high accell runs and cruising for 5 - 10 mins - intake temps didnt crest 20 degrees , lag is there but not TOO bad , the plumbback is a bit noisy for my liking ( probably cause theres no insulation ont he bonnet making things louder than im used to ) and nothing went BANG ..

it saw repeditive 14 PSI accell runs -( i seemed to have picked up 2 PSI somewhere ?!? )no hoses came loose - the only hiccup was the air temp sensor probe popped its wire - and i had to plug it back in

Sooo - all seems good for saturdays power tune .. I can feel more power thewre - but it also might be cause i havent HAD it for a fair while
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys

just wondering if anyone is insured with shannons
and what sort of premiums people are paying

cheers Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am - with full modified cover ..

26yo - rating one , about 2200 a year
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons wouldn't insure mine as a daily driver... mind you I didn't really push too hard as they were quite a bit more expensive than the others.

Just Cars - Agreed Value $17,000 - Policy $1357
Vigil - Agreed Value $17,000 - Policy $1268
Shannons - Agreed Value $17,000 Max kms 5,000 - Policy $2480
NRMA - No cover
AAMI - No cover

I'm 23 with max no claim bonus and no accident history or license disqualifications.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to go a bit off topic but just found this in the trading post. Sounds good and theres also a pic of it if anyones keen.

Toyota Celica GT4 1996 ST205 motor, gearbox, brakes shortshifter Rampod, frontmount, Walbro pump, high flowed turbo, race clutch, 3in exhaust from turbo, Whiteline Workx handling kit, Momo wheel, Apexi Avcr, strut brace, Sony motorised deck, gauges. Perfect condition, $17000 ono, THEGT4 GALSTON 0407-46 0358 or 02-96532377.

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering it has a whiteline works kit it must be an ST185 or possibly an ST165 with a Gen3 conversion.
Depending on the conversion 17k might be worth it... if it is to the calibre of Justens conversion on the white GT4 then definately.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note above mentioned White ST185 of Justens was sold to Zasa earlier this year and hopefully still going strong!
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forgot to mention..... it is a 185.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I managed to take a couple of
photo's of where I installed my oil filter relocation
kit - more to follow

cheers Very Happy

http://img331.echo.cx/img331/8097/dsc004260rj.jpg
http://img331.echo.cx/img331/5489/dsc004254nk.jpg
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons is for old men with old skool/club registered cars. Not cheap and not good policies. This is of course a generalisation but hey, its not based on fiction...
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is stuart ( classique 71 ) typing at mikes place!

they were the ones calling me to make sure i was happy and offering me free upgrades and stuff .. they might be a bit more expensive but i have mine agreed value for 18 grand, and they always are good regarding the modifications made

Oh - have some news too ..

about 2 hours ago we finished dyno tuning my Gt4 ....

prepare yourself ..

Are you prepared ???

No really ? Are you ? Remember i havent done my turbo upgrade or cams yet ... Tis a Stock Ct26 were talking about here !

170 AWKW , at 15PSI!

i am now at the level where my injectors are basically too small for anything more - and need to work on the boost curve to level it out a bit - and my TVIS still isnt working properly so its gone - as soon as i have the funds to get it out ( when i do the cams ) i will .. Sick of its issues - dont want it anymore!

Started off with a 125 KW run - thought ok - thats the frontmountsd errfect , nothing new there...

then a tweak .. 129 ... 130 ... 137 .... Oh gods ...

tweak some more - 147 - 152 .. Boost spike - crap ... More tweaking - a little adjustment to the boosty controller.. Retry

About now ive just got off the phone with jamie - mikes telling me of increasing numbers .. My jaw has to be scraped off the floor

More tweaking - still spiking - 163 AWKW .. Crap ...

more tweak , the problem seems to be sorted by a very happy tuner dude , he gives me the thumbs up and the 3sgte begins to HOWL - the cement floor literally vibrates from the noise - mike can vouch for this then it goes quiet again- the dyno guys waving me over ! 170.8 AWKW with no spiking !!

one very happy camper - Its officially a Monster now - The franken 3sgte has proven its worth , effort and pain to be all that it was hoped to be - with plenty of room still for improvements!

Dyno graphs to come!

[Updated on: Sat, 16 July 2005 04:04]

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
icon10.gif  Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
O F F

T H E

H O O K !!!!!

[Updated on: Sat, 16 July 2005 08:41]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hirogen wrote on Sat, 16 July 2005 14:03

Remember i havent done my turbo upgrade or cams yet ... Tis a Stock Ct26 were talking about here !

170 AWKW , at 15PSI!

Thats f'cken sweet stu!
If thats the case you should be into the 200AWKw region with a shiny new turbo!
Pages (23): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:02:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099780559539795 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.