Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
icon6.gif  EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Fri, 24 June 2005 10:26 Go to next message
Hi,
After owning my car for almost 20 years, I'm now considering the sale of this beast. Its one of the best Celicas you will ever see.
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica1.jpg
As seen on my site and in Fast Fours, June 2004.
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm
Absolutely immaculate in every way. Full TA22 GT Jap spec, including all options like power windows, oil temp gauge, 220km/hr speedo, front spoiler etc etc.
3T GTE, fully rebuilt with GT25 BB turbo, EVO 5 intercooler, Microtech LTX8, big injectors and full 3 inch S/S exhaust. Currently 145rwkw. travelled less than 5000km since complete restoration, always garaged.
Full leather Recaro seats front and rear.
Lowered all round, XR4 Jap race wheels, Konis all round.
Disc rear end fitted with Supra vented discs, upgraded front brakes.
Brand new bonnet, front guards and door skins. All badging, lenses etc brand new.
Heaps of other things, too much to mention.
$25,000. Only after expression of interest at this stage, please no dreamers....

Regards,
Simon

Send a private message to this user    
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Fri, 24 June 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon,
Got that dizzy cap done yet?
I have been waiting for you to decide you are thinking about selling.
We will talk on Monday.
Consider this an expression of interest.
Cheers

Gabe
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Fri, 24 June 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, no haven't finished the dizzy. You can't rush these things....

Simon
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Fri, 24 June 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy crap Shocked I cant believe your considering selling Confused
If I hadn't spent so much on my car already, I would be speaking to you on the phone right now Surprised
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Fri, 24 June 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*somebody get me a towl*
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Fri, 24 June 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, god I'm already getting emails....

Please remember that the keyword is "thinking" of selling. I've had this baby forever, so its why for now I just want to see what interest there is before I decide what to do.

Cya,
Simon
AnNa340
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Fri, 24 June 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked OMG Shocked

That is the sexiest TA22 i have ever seen.. only if i had the mula.. Crying or Very Sad
You have done a great job.. it looks hot..
This wouldnt happen to be the on thats been in hot 4's a while ago with all bubbles around it..? hmm.. i cant really remember, i think yours is probably hotter.. Anywho good luck with the sale. Very Happy
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sat, 25 June 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 different cars...i get them mixed up Embarassed

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 05:05]

Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sat, 25 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck with the sale simon, its a beautiful car hopefully it goes to a good home.

Edit: mitch loves penis.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 05:05]

TA2274
Regular

June 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sat, 25 June 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car Shocked

but 25grand might be abit ambitious Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sat, 25 June 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA2274 wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 01:20

Maybe for you.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sun, 26 June 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a car in this condition - its worth top dollar

Simons isnt a slap together effort - id daresay there isnt a ta22 in australia thats in as good condition , (maybe rod Trys machine - but were yet to see this beast running ! )

Please stick to the point - genuine buyers only !
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Mon, 27 June 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I just wanted to say that I bought Simon's (Tracey's) red ta22 a few months ago now and it was worth every dollar I paid for it. I've lost count of the number of people that have told me how tidy the car is and that someone's really done a lot of work to it (I wish I could take the credit for it! Very Happy ) And you have to remember that this wasn't even Simon's project car!

If Simon ends up selling this car someone will definitely be getting their money's worth (even tho I don't know how you could put a price on the years of work and rare parts).

Good luck with it all Simon,
Jason
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Mon, 27 June 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1984 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 15:22

Hi,
I just wanted to say that I bought Simon's (Tracey's) red ta22 a few months ago now and it was worth every dollar I paid for it. I've lost count of the number of people that have told me how tidy the car is and that someone's really done a lot of work to it (I wish I could take the credit for it! Very Happy ) And you have to remember that this wasn't even Simon's project car!

If Simon ends up selling this car someone will definitely be getting their money's worth (even tho I don't know how you could put a price on the years of work and rare parts).

Good luck with it all Simon,
Jason

Is the red Celica now in Canberra?
andurils_sheath
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Tue, 28 June 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread has lifted the pants of many a celica lover Australia wide.
TA2274
Regular

June 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Tue, 28 June 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 09:53

TA2274 wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 01:20

Maybe for you.

well you can go pay 25k for a ta22 celica

because at the end of the day its still a LT 1600 TA22 Rolling Eyes

but anyways all the best with the sale
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Tue, 28 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[/quote]

but anyways all the best with the sale[/quote]

What makes you say its an LT?

Its a full spec TA22 GT. I bought one of the 6 imported GT's a few years ago and rebuilt it using it as well as my original TA22.
I don't see anything LT about it...

The wheels aren't GT, either is the 3T GTE. If you're a real purist who just wants a totally original GT then this car isn't for you.
If you're like me and love the GT as well as a bit more performance, better suspension, seats etc then this is what you end up with.

Cya,
Simon
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Tue, 28 June 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got any pics of the GT when you first bought it? (as a write off wasn't it?)
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Tue, 28 June 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never been a fan of these celicas but that is absolutely stunning!

as for the 19yo uni students... buy a AE82 rolla or something... might better suit ur budget
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Wed, 29 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check his website its got all the build-up details.

this vehicle is worth every cent of $25g's in my opinion.
what a steal.
TA2274
Regular

June 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Wed, 29 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22 GT wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 22:40

but anyways all the best with the sale[/quote]

What makes you say its an LT?

Its a full spec TA22 GT. I bought one of the 6 imported GT's a few years ago and rebuilt it using it as well as my original TA22.
I don't see anything LT about it...

The wheels aren't GT, either is the 3T GTE. If you're a real purist who just wants a totally original GT then this car isn't for you.
If you're like me and love the GT as well as a bit more performance, better suspension, seats etc then this is what you end up with.

Cya,
Simon[/quote]

fair enough didnt know it was a import Embarassed

anyways good luck with the sale
silly75gt
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Wed, 29 June 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To sell it would be a big loss. So much work and time invested into it. I know how hard it is to chase parts let alone GT parts. I think it would be easier to sell one of the children. For all of the work 25K is cheap, every part is new or as near new as possible. If your tired of the car store it for a while, I personally would not sell such a labour of love.
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Wed, 29 June 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've seen it once, and I'll not forget it.

It truly is a work of art and a worthwhile purchse for an enthusiast.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Wed, 29 June 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do not sell simon. you will kick yourself in a few years time if you do. more than likely it will end up going to a young kid that doesn't know the value of it. they will spill macka's post mix coke in it. just think of that Razz
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Thu, 30 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys,
Thanks for all the interest, comments etc. It appears that the sale of this beast would be almost certain given the response I've already had in a few days.

Its a big call and I still haven't decided for sure. At this stage I'm thinking of getting the "OK Monitor" (as its the last thing to be completed) fitted and then maybe see if I can get it in Hot4's or Zoom magazine before a possible sale late this year...
For me the building of this car has been 95% of the enjoyment and satifsfaction of owning this car. Somehow I feel its getting close to move on to somethign else....

Cheers,
Simon
Quizz
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Thu, 07 July 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read the spread on your car again and come to the same conclusion each time that you transferred all the GT parts onto your LT as the Gt was a total wreck.Surely the right up is correct?
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sat, 09 July 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quizz wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 18:51

Read the spread on your car again and come to the same conclusion each time that you transferred all the GT parts onto your LT as the Gt was a total wreck.Surely the right up is correct?

Anyone that has been in Fast Fours mag knows they write their own article. So, when I wrote it I didn't go into much detail about how it all happened. I bought a crashed GT, it was repairable but would have been a big job. I didn't just take the easy GT bits off and put them on an LT.
The project took nearly 5 years, I used a brand new bonnet, front fenders and door skins. Then between the GT and 2 other LT's I had a took parts from each car to rebuild it. When I started looking close I found that structurally there is no difference between the LT and GT chassis. So I used the main part of the chassis and rear guards from my original LT and maintained some of the in tact GT front panelling.
It wasn't a straight forward job, but it was either fix the crashed chassis or just use most of the LT chassis thats exactly the same anyway.

What I wanted was a full spec TA22 GT mixed with some non genuine things like mags, 3T GTE, Supra gearbox, bigger brakes, Recaro seats etc etc.

If I was a purist I would have rebuilt the GT chassis, but I couldn't see the point when I had a perfect chassis that was identical in design.
Hope that clears that up.

Cya,
Simon
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sun, 10 July 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sad to see it go if it does
have been for a ride in this car a few times when it was in adelaide, it drives like a new car, so smooth, and the power delivery is fantastic, subtle and driveable and then lethal when given a boot... this will make someone very happy.
or it will keep simon very happy...

Brendon
Quizz
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sun, 10 July 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand that they write their own articles but it goes like this........ "I first purchased this TA22 as my first car back in 1986;.........When I discovered the GT model I just had to have one. I pretty much searched the globe but in the end I have built this TA22 to full GT specs by using parts from a crashed TA22 GT."
At the end of the day I'm not here to purchase the car but have known many people that have been stung buying rare cars only to find that they have been decieved, just ask anyone that thought they had purchased a Ford GT.If you purchased a car for 25K to find out that it wasn't an original how pissed would you be?
If it is a genuine GT, 25K is a steel - Good luck
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sun, 10 July 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quizz your an idiot
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sun, 10 July 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm... Hell of a lot of discussion in the 'for sale' section for a car that may possibly be for sale one day Razz
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Sun, 10 July 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quizz wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 20:17

I understand that they write their own articles but it goes like this........ "I first purchased this TA22 as my first car back in 1986;.........When I discovered the GT model I just had to have one. I pretty much searched the globe but in the end I have built this TA22 to full GT specs by using parts from a crashed TA22 GT."
At the end of the day I'm not here to purchase the car but have known many people that have been stung buying rare cars only to find that they have been decieved, just ask anyone that thought they had purchased a Ford GT.If you purchased a car for 25K to find out that it wasn't an original how pissed would you be?

I hate to add more fuel to the fire but he's right. If the numbers on the chassis dont say its a GT then its not a GT, its only a replica (but a damn fine one at that!)

Look at the price differences between a real falcon GTHO and a replica. Or any original vs replica model.
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Mon, 11 July 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 07:39

Quizz wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 20:17

If you purchased a car for 25K to find out that it wasn't an original how pissed would you be?

I hate to add more fuel to the fire but he's right. If the numbers on the chassis dont say its a GT then its not a GT, its only a replica (but a damn fine one at that!)

Look at the price differences between a real falcon GTHO and a replica. Or any original vs replica model.

OK, last time...
I challenge you to tell me why its not a GT? The VIN and ID plate show that its a GT.
TA22-MQ-GG
Like I've said more than once, I rebuilt the car using the main frame of my original LT chassis.

I'm not bothered if you want to call it an LT or not. At the end of the day the engine, mags, steering wheel, seats, brakes have all been upgraded from the original GT items.

If there is a purist out there, then they should import a "genuine" GT from Japan with everything the way it left the factory. You can import one of these for about half the price of my car. My asking price is largely driven by the condition, the fact that most of the parts including GT gear are brand new, the engine, brake, suspension mods etc and the full TA22 GT options with the car.
If anyone thinks its not worth it, thats fine. Take a closer look at the thread title. It says EOI, this means that I'm only thinking of a sale. "If" I decide to sell I will only part with it if I get my asking price. Otherwise I'm more than happy to keep it.

Its a silly argument really. I've seen the 13B TA22 GT for sale that I don't think sold because most of the GT gear was missing and people didn't deem it to be a GT anymore.
There was another GT for sale on my site a few weeks ago that was also original, but also had most of the GT bits missing. If your idea of a genuine GT is exactly the way it left Toyota, why aren't they selling. Even at very reasonable prices? I don't think the so called original GT carries as much weight as what you say. And thats the main reason I rebuilt it the way I did.

I think you will find that anyone that has seen this car in the flesh and knows the effort I've put into it, will buy it for what it is.

Regards,
Simon
bob m
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Mon, 11 July 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is ridiculous. The car is claimed to be "Full TA22 GT Jap spec, including all options like power windows, oil temp gauge, 220km/hr speedo, front spoiler etc etc."

That doesn't make it a genuine GT.

It's an LT frame (by the owner's admission)fitted with GT power windows, oil temp gauge, 220km/hr speedo, and front spoiler.

Does it have a GT motor? No. It has 3T GTE.

Does it have a GT transmission? That handles 145 RWKW?

Does it have a GT rear axle (with drums)? No. It has disc rear end fitted with Supra vented discs.

Does it have GT front brakes? No. It has upgraded front brakes.

Does it have GT seats? No. It has Full leather Recaro seats front and rear.

Does it have GT wheels? No. It has XR4 Jap race wheels.

So it's an LT frame fitted with non-GT motor, doubtful GT transmission, non-GT brakes front and rear, non-GT wheels and non-GT seats. Do you really think that, despite all these departures from GT specification, having GT power windows, oil temp gauge, 220km/hr speedo, and front spoiler makes it a GT?

It's a beautiful car. But it's not a GT, nor is it GT specification.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Mon, 11 July 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jealousy!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Mon, 11 July 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was going to refrain from commenting in this thread but the stuff coming out of some peoples mouthes here is complete and utter bullshit in my opinion. let the man advertise his pride and joy here in peace and post your useless crap in the outhouse.

i've been a admirer of this car for quite a while, stumbled across the website before the car was finished and was always hanging out for updates, i'd like to be able to build a 22 to half the standards of this car.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI- 1974 TA22 GT Mon, 11 July 2005 22:46 Go to previous message
i was staying out of it to but yer finney is right this car is the reason i got a ta22. the truth of the matter is it has al the good parts from a gt with all the power parts upgraded for more enjoyment. like im sure that if u pumped the 3tgte through the gt trans u would snap it into bits. and well if ur stupid enough to leave stadard brakes on a car with an engine like this ur gonna die.

end of rant.

simon good luck with the sale if ur gonna sell, have fun and enjoy the car if u dont.

laterdays and goodnight
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE71 Corolla Adelaide
Next Topic:ke70 4 sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 06:51:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094070434570312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.