Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Beej
Regular

April 2004

GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Fri, 08 July 2005 08:04 Go to next message
ok ppl, think fast, i am organising a group buy for rear diff mounts, i dont care if it doesnt happen coz i NEED one

the diff mounts are made by Mario Konig from GT4OC.co.uk, have had plenty of praise, and are good units from every report i have read.
included is the alloy diff mount and poly bushes for the diff carrier

the group buy is SIX, that is all he has in STOCK

2 are already taken by me and Jordan / GT3017R

the cost including shipping to one adress for all six is 980USD
thats 1306.67 AUD at teh current exchange rate or $217.78 EACH, toyota DOES charge 323AUD for a new one

please note if u DO NOT live in adelaide, there will be a small bit of extra shipping to u from me

advantages: cheaper, will not break, better throttle response yadda yadda

cut off = friday 15th of july

theres 3 left up for grabs
  Send a private message to this user    
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Fri, 08 July 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wish yours went when i did mine six months ago Beej!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sat, 09 July 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything special about these mounts Beej?
Urethane?
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sat, 09 July 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 21:31

Urethane?

Check out ozcelica dude:

http://www.ozcelica.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172 8

You should start posting on there, We need more GT4's aboard. Very Happy
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sun, 10 July 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 21:01

Urethane?

as it says in my first post....SOLID ALLOY rear diff mount and poly (poly urethane) cradle bushes Wink

so yes its very special. doesnt brake, no flex, throllte response = better, shall never require replacing EVER again
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sun, 10 July 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you'll find they end up a lot more expensive than the $217 you think they'll be

$980US + 15% duty + 10% freight + 10% GST + various customs fee's
Looking at a minimum of $1850 to get them here I reckon... that is without you getting nabbed the various "customs clearance fee's", "quarantine fee's" etc. etc.

They'll be about the same price as Toyota quotes you.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sun, 10 July 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything over $1000 needs customs clearnace fe of 50 or 75 bucks, and i think may need a customs broker over a certain amount Sad

stoopid customs.. why can't they just stick to nabbing plants and animals and steve irwins...
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sun, 10 July 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 16:51

I think you'll find they end up a lot more expensive than the $217 you think they'll be

$980US + 15% duty + 10% freight + 10% GST + various customs fee's
Looking at a minimum of $1850 to get them here I reckon... that is without you getting nabbed the various "customs clearance fee's", "quarantine fee's" etc. etc.

They'll be about the same price as Toyota quotes you.

strangely enough the last bloke paid 228$ to his door UK -> Australia including postage....nothing more took place

same as wen i bought a heap of indicators from the US for a group buy *shrugs*

never paid more than postage and product. Confused
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sun, 10 July 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might get lucky and not get charged the duty and gst but with large qty's and bulky items like this I doubt you'll get them through without being hit.
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Sun, 10 July 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
considering there's only 4 ppl so far, and it doesnt look like anyone else is interested, i think i'll be asking him to mail them individually as it is

but thats a good point, i suppose small quantaties weights etc would get through in comparison
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Tue, 12 July 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They sound very smick but if they are that stiff why not just solid mount the thing? You'll never break that and the cost is tiny by comparison?

I just used a $5 bit of 8mm alloy plate and drilled the appropriate holes. A slight increase in road noise but i suspect no more than these will give you. I never had any other issues and it's still on the car i sold to Zasa.

Same option the rally guys take where allowed. Dead simple and dirt cheap!!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: GT4 ALLOY REAR DIFF MOUNTS: CHEAP Tue, 12 July 2005 03:04 Go to previous message
Beej wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 17:36

but thats a good point, i suppose small quantaties weights etc would get through in comparison

before the changes, anything with less than $50 total payable was waved thru.. it really does depend on time of year tho (according to soem customs friends), sometimes you have to prove it's worth that little
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA23/28/40 big brake kit
Next Topic:head gaskets????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:32:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056238174438477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.