Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

*56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O Tue, 15 March 2005 12:15 Go to next message
Well its official now I own two toyotas... edit bzzt make that one, greywolfe owns my beloved old cressida now!

And the other one is a newly acquired only a few hours ago GZ20 1G-GTE twin turbo soarer.

Metallic Silver (all over, not two-tone)
black dash and door trim
digi dash
blue velour interior and velour door trim
black carpets

And let me just say now I know why everyone loves soarers. This thing kicks arse.
Precisely what I look for in a car.
Comfort, character, a beautiful interior and a stylin exterior... and some people say they handle like boats? Well i think it handles and stops (and goes!) pretty damn well!!!

Sure, it aint gonna be as fast as some other cars around, but its got plenty of power for me. I'd be happy keeping it bone stock, but by the looks of how other people are on this forum, the power bug will probably bite me soon... who knows what i'll do Laughing

I WILL take some photos but since i only just got it (it was dark when i did) and i only just got home (still dark) ill take some tomorrow and get them up for you toymodders to see ASAP!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Smile

here are some exterior pics

interior pics will come later when i clean the interior up ... its a great interior, just the carpet's a little dirty at the moment. Smile
http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/driverside.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/fronthi.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/engine.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/frontlo.JPG

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 12:37]

Send a private message to this user    
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My new GZ20 soarer Tue, 15 March 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great to hear somemore Z20 series lovers / owners Smile

As you can see i love em Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: My new GZ20 soarer Tue, 15 March 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate it was your members rides thread that made me really fall for the styling and shape of the soarer Cool
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My new GZ20 soarer Tue, 15 March 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having owned 100`s of grey imports i always seem to come back to the Z20 series Soarers they just do everything right Smile

If you need anything for it just give me a PM i have a few sets of Coilovers etc etc laying around
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: My new GZ20 soarer Wed, 16 March 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just outta intrest does anyone know the weight of these

whats the weight of the poorest spec to the heighest spec
i know they differe a couple hundred kgs between them
ROSs
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My new GZ20 soarer Wed, 16 March 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your GZ20 Twin Tubo Auto would be around the 1400 - 1440 Kg range depending on year model

The heavier MZ21 Limited are around the 1520kg Mark
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Thu, 17 March 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics are added...

shame its overcast and raining, i cant even wash the car :/

still might clean the wheels though.

new brake pads go on today, if i can get them from the local tyre place
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Fri, 18 March 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the colour dude, so rare!

need to whack some dished 17's on there and slam the bitch Cool
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 04 April 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well few little niggling issues at the moment namely the condition of the paint, but hopefully a good properly done detail will have it come up looking OK...

On startup the car puffs a little bit of smoke when it first fires up, but that stops immediately afterwars... I'm led to believe that's valve stem seals? Not too sure though.

Looking at possibly getting some 17" R33 wheels, but I'm deciding whether to get those, get the car serviced (where should i go? suggestions?) or save up and get some cusco comp-1 coilovers or get new replacement pedders suspension that's a little more on the sports side to replace the current pedders suspension, which i've been told by other people that they feel a little tired.

Any other suggestions as to what I should do with the car, please offer them Smile I'm more than happy to take any ideas on board.

Hell I've still gotta put my CD player in the car, this cassette/radio shit's pissing me off Wink

The clear plastic fronts on the headlights, can that be cleaned and made crystal clear like the corner lights? I'd love those to be clear instead of that dirty misty colour... that's kinda annoying, hehe.

Hmm what else... oh yeah. I've got a thread in the parts wanted section for some interior items that I want to replace in my soarer. so if you have the center shifter surround, centre console piece (incl. lid) leather handbrake shoe etc, let me know. Smile

Cheers, will keep everyone updated! (i know some people out there care! lol)

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 10:34]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 15:16

On startup the car puffs a little bit of smoke when it first fires up, but that stops immediately afterwars... I'm led to believe that's valve stem seals? Not too sure though.

or oil siting in your intake pipes
Quote:

Looking at possibly getting some 17" R33 wheels, but I'm deciding whether to get those, get the car serviced (where should i go? suggestions?) or save up and get some cusco comp-1 coilovers or get new replacement pedders suspension that's a little more on the sports side to replace the current pedders suspension, which i've been told by other people that they feel a little tired.

new pedders will also feel tired Razz new MA70 TEMS (should fit confirm first) can be set manualy to full hard and cost only $50 each
Quote:

Any other suggestions as to what I should do with the car, please offer them Smile I'm more than happy to take any ideas on board.

1g engines make baby jesus cry Razz go for a 3ltr turbo or 4ltr v8 Very Happy

Allan
EDIT: noticed your have TEMS allredy so if you dont want kidney bleeding ride get new springs a little firmer and lower and new tems shockers from toyota.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 02:37]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 12:34

Merudo wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 15:16

or oil siting in your intake pipes
Quote:

new pedders will also feel tired Razz new MA70 TEMS (should fit confirm first) can be set manualy to full hard and cost only $50 each
Quote:

1g engines make baby jesus cry Razz go for a 3ltr turbo or 4ltr v8 Very Happy

Allan
EDIT: noticed your have TEMS allredy so if you dont want kidney bleeding ride get new springs a little firmer and lower and new tems shockers from toyota.

Thanks for the reply and advice. I've got quite a list of things to throw at the mechanic to check... whenever I'm recommended a mechanic to take it to. I don't just wanna take it to some random garage or mechanic you see, I'd rather take it to a mechanic who has worked on these sorts of engines before.

Oh and an engine conversion is a little more than I want to spend right now, but a manual conversion is on the cards if I can do it for a decent price. But how awesome would a 1uz-fe be in a Z20 soarer! woot Laughing

New tems shocks from toyota would cost a small fortune wouldn't they? I like the sound of getting MA70 stuff... better than the $1,000 for the cusco comp-1's that I was offered. But I'm led to believe that theyre really really good, yes? Surprised

Thanks again

James

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 12:04

I beleive he said he wanted good suspension...merudo dont waste your cash on that poo, its still crapola
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 13:55

I beleive he said he wanted good suspension...merudo dont waste your cash on that poo, its still crapola

Laughing

k!

would the cusco coilovers be good? for $1,000.... i'd like to think they would be. heh
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 14:13

Laughing

k!

would the cusco coilovers be good? for $1,000.... i'd like to think they would be. heh

$1000 should get you a set of comp 1's in good condition, we cant all be as lucky as me and get comp 2's for the price I paid for them Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 15:11

$1000 should get you a set of comp 1's in good condition, we cant all be as lucky as me and get comp 2's for the price I paid for them Wink

*shakes fist*

damn you Razz

Shame you don't live in syd or around here, I'd love to see your car when its done...

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be in sydney for the oran park drift nationals Smile

come and see it then Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That said, those Cusco's will be uber hard for a daily driver, the Japanese aren't reknown for subtlety in their aftermarket suspension systems.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 16:19

That said, those Cusco's will be uber hard for a daily driver, the Japanese aren't reknown for subtlety in their aftermarket suspension systems.

do they have different settings?

or is it just "wear a mouth guard" setting all the time?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Mon, 11 April 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 15:49

Its cusco's drawcard really, i guess if you want something softer you could go for something like a JIC or Tien HR's

Merudo, cusco coilovers (the good ones) generally have 5 way damper adjustment and its from Hard to Hardest, there is no "soft" setting...
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Tue, 12 April 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You got those Cuscos for $450 or something Smile they were floating around Ebay for a few months but were advertised for JZZ30 etc , Anyway you got a bargain Smile

Laughing

k!

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Tue, 12 April 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:59

You got those Cuscos for $450 or something Smile they were floating around Ebay for a few months but were advertised for JZZ30 etc , Anyway you got a bargain Smile

Laughing

k!

yeah you could say i got a good bargain, was a case of someone didnt know what they were selling, not that I am complaining, they are in the best condition imaginable for second hand items Very Happy

cant wait to get out on the track with them Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Thu, 05 May 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/oldpac/oldpac5.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/oldpac/oldpac3.jpg
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Thu, 05 May 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good man Very Happy Now you just need some big wheels.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Thu, 05 May 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 21:59

Looks good man Very Happy Now you just need some big wheels.

agreed...17's minimum with lots of mesh and plenty of dish Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Thu, 05 May 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those stock wheels make baby jesus cry.

I was thinking some nice five spoke ones or something would look cool...

You guys reckon I should go with mesh?

How do you think 17" wheels will affect handling?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Thu, 05 May 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mesh with dish is definitiely a winning combination on old school soarers, ala this:

http://iamfrank.ath.cx/phat.jpg

my brother really doesnt like the Z20 shape (mainly becuase he saw the rear of my car too much from the drivers seat of his prelude Laughing) but he loved that car and the wheels really do make that car look 100% phat!
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Fri, 06 May 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is the hottest Soarer I have ever seen!

Please if anyone has any details on those rims let me know! (size, width etc).

me = in love with this rims and that car Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Fri, 06 May 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driftspec wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 13:46

Tell me about it...

And to think, some side skirts and rims, and my car being a little lower is all i'd need to have my car look almost as good as that...

so close... yet so far away Laughing

(at least as far away as japan for the skirts)

I don't imagine rims like those come cheap!
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Fri, 06 May 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 14:00

Driftspec wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 13:46

Tell me about it...

And to think, some side skirts and rims, and my car being a little lower is all i'd need to have my car look almost as good as that...

so close... yet so far away Laughing

(at least as far away as japan for the skirts)

I don't imagine rims like those come cheap!

It looks like the factory aero kit (my knowledge of soarer's is limited).

Yep rims look to be Volk 18" of some kind.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Fri, 06 May 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yerp its the factory MZ21 kit, the wheels look like 17's to me, but my eyes could be playing tricks on me Confused
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Fri, 06 May 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 14:16

yerp its the factory MZ21 kit, the wheels look like 17's to me, but my eyes could be playing tricks on me Confused

Yeah I can't tell either, either way though they are s#x and I want them! Smile love the dish.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Pics now!!* My new GZ20 soarer Fri, 06 May 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unfortunately even the factory kit is hard to get a hand on... Sad Crying or Very Sad Freak
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer Wed, 06 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
56k DIEEE

photos from last weekend, thanks TT_50AR and his mate..

my car is very dirty as you can probably tell Wink

damn dirt laneway out the back of my house. Laughing

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_7957.jpg

--

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_7964.jpg

--

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_7971.jpg

--

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_7976.jpg

--

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_8079.jpg

--

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/random/100_8108.jpg

the road that we were driving on in those driving shots was down the old pacific highway heading from gosford to brooklyn. Smile

I have large versions of the shots if anyone wants a large version of the photos Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 12:24]

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O Thu, 07 July 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lexus badge? :\
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O Thu, 07 July 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah he is a riceboy Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O Thu, 07 July 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, i never explained that did I....

A previous owner put a lexus badge on the car.

The owner I bought it off removed said badge. Leaving some nice big drilled holes in the boot.

I was unimpressed. I found the lexus badge in the glovebox... test fitted it... and found that the lexus badge looks better than this -

http://members.iinet.net.au/~motorcyclefin/pics/soarer/assorted/notfunny.JPG

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O Thu, 07 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats some nasty shit. Sad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O Thu, 07 July 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 10:57

thats some nasty shit. Sad

yeah..

ah well... when i respray it in the future, ill smooth over those holes... may even shave the bootlock off, and take the spoiler off as well...

How do you think that would look?

No spoiler, no boot lock, no holes, no lexus badge... just smoooth?

Or should I keep the spoiler on there?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *56k go have a coffee* - My 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer new pics down the bottom!!!!! o_O Sun, 10 July 2005 08:23 Go to previous message
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1439/img13870td.jpg

Thanks rollaboy Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2003 Corolla Sportivo
Next Topic:Corona Extra now with dyno result
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:43:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083658695220947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.