Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:26 Go to next message
Hi

I have finished the 3sge-3sgte conversion (also the auto to manual conversion). But the motor wont go. There is fuel to the fuel filter and spark. If the motor sits or a minute or so and you try to start it, it will fire once but wont start.

It seems like the ecu isnt letting fuel go to the injectors or sumthing... My uncle (who is an auto elec) thinks that there is a sensor that isnt accounted for and needs to be bridged.???

Has anyone done this conversion or knows anyone who could help me. Or maybe a good mechanic who performs these conversions?

Thanks heaps
Tyrone
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turn the engine over and pull a plug out once you have turned it over and see if there is fuel all over the plug.. if there is make sure your spark plugs are good i had that problem stumped me for ages i thought it was to simple to be that problem Razz have you hooked up the fuel relay properly so it turns the pump on?
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We pulled the top nut off the fuel pump and cranked the eninge and heaps of fuel pissed out. The spark plugs are dry. The looked like they need 2 be replaced but it started easy before we bought it about a week ago.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you got spark earth a plug out on the head or something?...
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh its got plenty of spark. Did a mechanic help u with the conversion?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i did it... so you have hookd up the fuel lines to the fuel rail. im just asking questions dont mean to come across as ur a deadshit Razz... so you have fuel to the rail but no injectors , when it was running a week ago was it in ur car or running as a half cut?
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont mean 2 underestimate your knowledge. We havent touched the wiring loom between the vehicles. The motor was going in the halfcut. I think its a problem wit a plug between the wiring loom of the motor and the vehicles wiring looms, becuase one plugs wires werent exactly right. So we think that there is a problem wit the fuel delivery to the injectors.

We assume this because it has spark and fuel to the fuel filter. Is there a special method for bleeding the fuel system?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you havnt linked the 2 together you have a bit of wiring to do buddy Razz.. there is 2 looms that runs out of the engine one which goes to the firewall (ecu) and the other which runs out to the fusebox that fusebox needs to be wired into your cars wiring. that fusebox then runs to , lights , ignition (theres your problem Razz), accessories etc etc etc u got a haynes book, if not i think you should buy one or i can scan in the wiring diagram
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have pluged the motor's plugs into a fuse box and also plugs from the chassis into the same box. wont the wiring between the two cars be the same going to the fuse box, (the wires from the chassis).

i have not compared the wires to see if they are arranged the same, i just assumed they were because the pluged into the same spots.

if there is a problem in the wiring of the fuse box, will this stop the fuel from getting in to the cylinder?

there is also no fuel circulating through the return pipe, could this be caused by an error in the wiring in the of the injection system.

there are 6 plugs going through the firewall. (3 to the ecu. 1 to an "open circut". 1 to the water-air intercooler controller. and the last is a yellow one which goes to wiring of the car)
this last plug is one that im sort of have issues with, as im not sure if i have accounted for all the wires coing from the motor.

sorry for the long post.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will not be able to get this motor running without doing some wiring dude.

Your uncle should have been able to tell you this!!

Get yourself some wiring diagrams, or better yet, a person well experienced with wiring up such conversions and consult their help. WIthout being at the car, it's near impossible to "guess" what the problem is.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to provide some "false hope" or anything, but when I had this same problem with mine, it turned out to be just the dizzy cap and rotor button that needed replacing. We went over EVERYTHING... injectors, wiring, plugs, leads, ECU, ignitor coil and CDI and finally the dizzy and rotor button. Replaced these two items worth $60 and it fired up straight away... Wink

I can only hope that yours is something as simple, but yes there will be extra wiring to do between those two engines. Nod
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Sun, 10 July 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just wondering which model did the engine come out of and which car is it going in to?

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 23:06]

billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Tue, 12 July 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey

Thanx for all the info guys. I got the motor running yesterday. A few wires had gotten lost in the front panel (as i had pulled it off for cleaning etc) so all the wires married up perfectly.

Also the fuel pump didnt bleed up coz the pump wasnt right. Once i got it bleeded she fired up straight away. So im off 2 town 2 get the exhaust done etc.

Does anybody know if i will need 2 get modification plates (motor conversion and gearbox conversion)???

Hip Hip
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion problems Tue, 12 July 2005 09:58 Go to previous message
u got it running without any wiring?....

anyway dont worry about the gearbox mod.. there the same box if ur usin a fwd box mated up to the 3sgte.. and you will need a engine mod plate depending on the mod plate guy u might need the 185 front brakes on ur car
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gearbox swaps
Next Topic:soarer cd stacker problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:57:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049171447753906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.