Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » insurance???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pops_1j
Occasional Poster

March 2005
icon5.gif  insurance??? Sun, 03 July 2005 00:29 Go to next message
where can i get insurance for my cressida, i've rang up nearly everyone and they just hang up on ya. can anyone help me out?
  Send a private message to this user    
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: insurance??? Sun, 03 July 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shannon's
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: insurance??? Sun, 03 July 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons had no troubel insuring my cressida with 1j. Vigile was cheaper, but i prefer Shannons.
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: insurance??? Sun, 03 July 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wrong forum dude.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance??? Sun, 03 July 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 12:57

wrong forum dude.

How so?
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: insurance??? Sun, 03 July 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just cars Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell us how you go, i got a quote from just cars a while back for a cressi with a 1j and it was something round the 1600-2100 range i think. Thats for a single owner 19 yr old male with 30% no claim bonus.
Once again after the dyno day my interest has been sparked in these beasts after seeing a few turn up by a few i mean alot, both mx83 and mx73, though one 83 was a 2jzgte.
pops_1j
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(just car) ended up being cheaper then shannons by over $500
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how old are you dude?

shannons have offered me nothing but the cheapest so far (just car was over $1k more exxy), but shannons dont really like under 25s... but they do have awesome perks to their insurance.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got two quotes for mine. Shannons gave me the $10k cover I was looking for, but wanted $1500 a year. Just Car Insurance would only cover me for $7k, but were $850 a year. Both were informed of every modification in detail.
pops_1j
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm 18 the cars reg in my dads name i guess thats why they gave me a price exxy is over a grand but lets hope i never need to do it... shannons didnt seem to keen to insure me but were very helpfull
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell Shannons you're part of a car club. Make sure you have some info about the club and what you get out of it for credibility. Shannons politely told me to go to Just Car before I rang back saying I was a Toymods member Razz
pops_1j
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i told him that thinking it would have a good effect on it. but they told me the same thing (i'd ring just cars) so i did
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they took toymods into account when i called shannons (i would join if i took up the insurance but they still said no full comp on a supercharged mr2 for me btw im 22 and have a 35% no claim with nrma and a half decent driving record no fines in the last 4 years.

guess its who you speak to at the other end of the line i found just cars nicer than shannons and they would give me full comp abiet for a price i think im going to go through a broker for full comp once i get my car finnished
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, it depends hugely on who you speak to, and how nice you are - i think the people who take the calls have a lot of discretion as to how much you end up paying.
pops_1j
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think thats very true! both parties (shannons and just cars) where very nice and helpful we have turboed, super charger cars!!! its gunna be hard to get cheap insurance no matter wat. we just gotta try and get the best to suit your own details and mods
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im 18, am insured with just cars as they were only ones who would insure me, driving st162 with a 3sgte told them bout all mods, no previous insurance in my name,no loss of license and i pay 900$ which includes fire and theft, thats for 3rd party property.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and just for the Sydney people, that Just Car quote was for full comprehensive Wink
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1337 (lol @ l33t) to insure my 1JZ Cressida for $12000 through Vigil (Full comp). Age 26, 30-40% NCB, 1 driving suspension (contested in court and won).
No at fault accidents.
Must be because these cars are fairly common and panels etc can be sourced from wreckers etc cheaply (except the engine of course).
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: insurance??? Mon, 04 July 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im gonna give vigil a call i am hearing good things about them. my accident history is less than glamorous so it never helps me but hitting a kangaroo is just unfortunate im still paying for it tho whenever i need insurance
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: insurance??? Wed, 06 July 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i insured mine through shannons when i first put the 1j in, it went up 12 bucks per year on what i was paying nrma for a stock cressida.

shannons still insure me noe for $30k and it costs me $90 per month.

i would pay the extra and go through shannons

i dont know what just cars is like on claims.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: insurance??? Thu, 07 July 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1200 Crying or Very Sad Shocked
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: insurance??? Thu, 07 July 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 16:17

i insured mine through shannons when i first put the 1j in, it went up 12 bucks per year on what i was paying nrma for a stock cressida.

how old are you??
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: insurance??? Thu, 07 July 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 08:32

how old are you??

had it insured with shannons since i was 21

even when i was 21 it was only $1280 per year.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: insurance??? Thu, 07 July 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 09:13

how old are you??

even when i was 21 it was only $1280 per year.

I certainly should've checked out shannons when looking for insurance for my car then.

Just cars quoted me at $2,600 a year for my soarer. Confused
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: insurance??? Fri, 08 July 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 09:13

how old are you??

even when i was 21 it was only $1280 per year

did you put the 1jz in after you turned 25???

cause basicially they said to me supercharged no way not at your age...

In any case im gonna give em another try if that dosent work out im going to try a broker.. Im just too worried about the car getting stolen.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2005 00:33]

1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: insurance??? Mon, 11 July 2005 04:44 Go to previous message
Just got the insurance on my 1J powered Cressida. Ended up going with Shannons.

It is a GLX with a standard setup on the engine, 17s and a bit of a stereo. It is kept in my driveway off the street and is a daily driver.

I have 3 speeding fines and 3 cars already with Shannons. One old HR (was really hot in it's time), a practical, but thirsty XE wagon and a ZL LTD (that my girl will not let me sell).

I am 25, have a 60% no claim bonus and the car is insured for $14K - I'll insure it for more once it is finished.

Cost me $1156.96 which works out to be $96.32 if I pay monthly.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 13:46]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Insane looking RA28
Next Topic:KE30 Rallying
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 08:50:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065529346466064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.