Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 01:39 Go to next message
I was sick and tired of all these quotes people give, that there cousins neighbours friend got. This is here to show, a real quote and details, I pretended i bought the car, i plan to get one next year, Cheers.

-Age; 23
-Location; South West Sydney
-Never had insurance before
-2 speeding fines one which was a suspension in 2005
-not on finance
-car is in locked garage

JUSTCAR
Car - 1988 Toyota Supra/$9500/manual/twinturbo/(((STANDARD-NO MODS)))
Agreed Value - $9500

Comprehensive - $1698
-excess-$1600+($500 due to 1 licence suspension) or THEFT $1200

Third Party - $650

SHANNONS
Car - 1988 Toyota Supra/$9500/manual/twinturbo/(((STANDARD-NO MODS)))
Agreed Value - $9500

Comprehensive - $2750 Shocked
-excess-$1100

Third Party - $643

YOUNG AND COOL
- Dont insure cars 15 years or older

VIGIL
- Dont insure Imports

They also told me a MZ20 Soarer with similar year is the same.

This is the car i got info from:
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2438877&current_r ec=3&used_rec=2&total_rec=19&sort_type =&total_rec=19&sort_type=&price_max=10 000&make_id=8&model_id=68&state_id=-1& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;search_distance=25

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------

JUSTCAR
Car - 1991 Toyota Soarer/$10500/auto/twinturbo/(((STANDARD-NO MODS)))
Agreed Value - $10500

Comprehensive - $1930
-excess-$1600+($500 due to 1 licence suspension) or THEFT $1200

Third Party - $658
Fire and Theft - $950

SHANNONS
- Wont insure me now, because i need to do a Advance driving course and need to have owned a modified car Laughing, so they will insure me a MA70 Supra but not a jzz30 Soarer Rolling Eyes.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2107026&current_r ec=2&used_rec=0&total_rec=21&sort_type =&total_rec=21&sort_type=&price_max=15 000&make_id=8&model_id=140&state_id=2& amp; amp;search_distance=25

Cheers, SMT Cool .

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 00:10]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sucks to be you then Smile

my quote for an ma61 with 1jz turbo conversion, and a list of mods to make most insurance companies cry, was about half your quote. agreed value $10k
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 11:48

sucks to be you then Smile

my quote for an ma61 with 1jz turbo conversion, and a list of mods to make most insurance companies cry, was about half your quote. agreed value $10k

Whats your age, and year model of the car?.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
age 24
year 1984
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know i could get it cheaper through a broker, but just thought i might try, i was expecting 3/4k for comp like many people have said before, its pretty good considering my previous insurance status and driving history.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh....
my previous insurance history is 1 at fault accident which caused $0 damage to my car about 6 years ago. driving history, 1 speeding fine about 4 years ago, 15-30.

my quote was thru shannons.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait until you are 24 (or is it 25) - the price of insurance will drop by a lot because you change age catergories.

Also with Just cars for some reason my second year was cheaper than the first???
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 12:21

Also with Just cars for some reason my second year was cheaper than the first???

that's because your no-claim bonus increases, as well as your age. both will reduce insuance costs Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I rang up justcars they said even for comprehensive they would only payout $4000 maximum. So that covers shit all of the actual cost.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that's fucked in the anus.

the best thing about Shannons (apart from being cheap if you're a sensible/evasive driver) is the extra perks. get to keep your wreck (HUGELY important for people like me, where the shell is worth fuckall, but the rest of it is worth a fortune), choice of repairer (who really wants their car to go to a mechanic they don't know?), and of course the free windscreen Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 10:29

When I rang up justcars they said even for comprehensive they would only payout $4000 maximum. So that covers shit all of the actual cost.

Ummm, that doesn't make sense... seriously..

If the car is insured for 8k, then the pay out is 8k, minus the excess, minus the cost of the wreck if you buy it back.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no just cars is dodge, when doing quotes online, even for say a JZZ30 soarer purchase price of say 13K they want 3.5K a year for premiums and will only pay out 5K Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So how can they say the car is insured for 13k if they only pay out 5k?

Thats gotta be false information.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no you put in the purchase price and then they make there own agreed value its bullshit i'd like to see them buy a replacement jzz30 for 5K
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car: very modified corolla (shell and a few interior trimming are the only original corolla bits)
<-----this one to be exact Smile
Agreed value: enough Very Happy Very Happy (enough that if it goes I can get something cool to replace it Wink )
Comprehensive insurance cost: $390/year Very Happy excess $400 Cool
Insurer: Shannons

With all the perks Draven mentioned above Very Happy I have a perfect driving record which probably helps, also I am getting old and have been with Shannons for a while with this car and my previous car.

I would find it hard to justify the insurance premiums some people pay, $3000/year for a sub $20000 car! F$%k that Rolling Eyes

Any youngsters I know with WRX's etc have the car insured under their parents name and the youngster is listed as a user/driver of the vehicle. Don't know how much cheaper that way of doing it is though??????????

Hehehe sucks to be young and trying to own a nice car.....

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 03:37]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Off topic but the guy says his supra is 3 litre twin turbo ?
the motor looks like a 1ggte and they are only 2 litre?
He also says it's an MA71, The "M" suggesting a 7mgte ?

But having said that.

I've got a shithouse driving record and just cars insured my 1ggte SA63 in my name for $600 with a $1300 excess for 3rd party fire and theft
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 13:34

Off topic but the guy says his supra is 3 litre twin turbo ?
the motor looks like a 1ggte and they are only 2 litre?

But having said that.

I've got a shithouse driving record and just cars insured my 1ggte SA63 in my name for $600 with a $1300 excess for 3rd party fire and theft

It does look like a 20L 1ggte, anyway i said it was a MA70 3.0L Twin turbo when i made the quote.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 03:56]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma70 is single turbo.

always negotiate.

NEVER get quotes online.

always negotiate.

if u dont get a good operator hang up and ring again.

always negotiate.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 04:50]

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vigial do insure imports mine is an import mr2 (turbo) its insured with them.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rang comm insure and they wouldn't bother with me
but i rang just cars:

19 years old male <---- i am with this one
MA61 with 7MGTE with mods etc etc
$318 third party
$50x third fire theft
$2800 full comp

Shannons:
$500 third
$800 fire theft
$4000 full comp
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 13:34

he could of meant 4M Rolling Eyes Razz
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 14:50

ma70 is single turbo.

always negotiate.

NEVER get quotes online.

always negotiate.

if u dont get a good operator hang up and ring again.

always negotiate.

Whats all this about, i got the quote's over the phone.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insurance is expensive but youll be lovin it if anything were to happen to your car, my last car was stolen with no insurance and i lost everything its the worst thing ive ever been through. why not just insure against fire and theft?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 15:48

Whats all this about, i got the quote's over the phone.

it wasnt all aimed at u
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOCKA wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 15:49

insurance is expensive but youll be lovin it if anything were to happen to your car, my last car was stolen with no insurance and i lost everything its the worst thing ive ever been through. why not just insure against fire and theft?

My mate bought a 180sx for $12,0000, got a loan for it, had it stolen two weeks later (3rd party) Shocked , now hes paying off a 180sx he doesnt have, and is driving a 1980's volvo around Sad .

JZZ30 Soarer Update Above.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 07:04]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't drive an uninsured car past the end of my driveway.
what if you put somebody in hospital or paralize them ?

Also i knowa guy who had his uninsured car stolen.

It's your own stupid fault if your car is uninsured.

if you can't afford to insure it then you can't afford the car it's pretty simple yet so many ppl can't understand it.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wasn't uninsured he just didn't have comprehensive insurance
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another perk with shannons, is when it comes to modifications, they dont care what or how many, only that it is legal. And the cost is the same weather it has 1 mod or 100. (assuming same value for car)
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 17:15

Another perk with shannons, is when it comes to modifications, they dont care what or how many, only that it is legal. And the cost is the same weather it has 1 mod or 100. (assuming same value for car)

Justcars is the opposite, they only care about how many mods you have not what they are, ie, 7mgte to 1jzgte conversion is counted as 1 mod, just like any other modification.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another reason why shannons cranks.

they wouldn't like me if I told them my panels and interior trim are about the only standard items in the car.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good write up. i couldnt be bothered reading all the replys so im sure some1 has allready mentioned it but you didnt say whether or not youve had any accidents
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at just cars you can have as many mods as you want providin they are legal.. dont know what some of yous are on about. but they are tight arses when it comes to agreed value smeh so long as it dont get stolen im right the engine is all the car is worth. 500 bucks for a new shell and im laughing at just cars if you just have third party fire and theft like me u get to keep the car also its when you have full comp is when they take it.. or have to buy it back for stuff all what good is it to them
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Shannons, pay basically nothing for my car with everything listed on full comp and yes, it's in my name...
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get a steering lock and carry the ECU with you when u leave the car Razz

when i get my 1g ra40 goin, im going to have the 22pin ECU plug so that i can unplug it and take it with me/hide it
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that used to be my plan - take the ecu with me. now that I have a stereo, it's going to have to be a big fuckoff alarm unfortunately.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

As mentioned, Vigil does insure full imports.

My old girl has full comprehensive insurance with them for an agree value ($12.5k) for under $400 per annum. I get to keep the wreck, choose my own repairer and have 24/7 road assist and free towing (for some specified distance that I can't remember).

Of course, I've got full no-claim bonus and I'm an old fart, so that helps in the costs. Plus, the car is insured as a "sometimes driven" as opposed to "daily driver" vehicle. I'm gonna up the value to $15k soon, then try for $20k in a year or two. I estimate that's how much it'd cost me to get another RA25 in the same condition as mine.

I spoke to Shannons but I didn't like the sheila on the phone - so I went to Vigil.

seeyuzz
river
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 21:13

that used to be my plan - take the ecu with me. now that I have a stereo, it's going to have to be a big fuckoff alarm unfortunately.

need a bigger handbag Razz

or

a bigger pocket
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Mon, 11 July 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 20:25

good write up. i couldnt be bothered reading all the replys so im sure some1 has allready mentioned it but you didnt say whether or not youve had any accidents

No accidents, otherwise i would have said it, for not disclosing something like that, in the event of an accident they could refuse a claim.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad is right !
with just carsi can do whatever i want to my car aslong as i tell them about it and it's legal.
I forgot to ad my licence is suspended and was suspended when i insured the car.

I was under the impression just cars were the only ppl who would insure forced induction car to a younger person.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no NRMA will insure you on pretty much everything bar a few improts they just charge thru the roof aka 12K per year for a soarer rofl Very Happy
Most of the others will insure you to you just have to ring up like comminsure, allianz etc and they assess your ful sicness over the phone and then decide whether to insure you.
Woot for being a boring accountant with a clean driving record no accidents etc i think i'll go well over the phone when it comes time to upgrade.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 12:57

no NRMA will insure you on pretty much everything bar a few improts they just charge thru the roof aka 12K per year for a soarer rofl Very Happy
Most of the others will insure you to you just have to ring up like comminsure, allianz etc and they assess your ful sicness over the phone and then decide whether to insure you.
Woot for being a boring accountant with a clean driving record no accidents etc i think i'll go well over the phone when it comes time to upgrade.

The area you live in can have an impact, ie. insuring anything modified in Bankstown.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they don't like my postcode either, mutters about having the same post code as minto ahhhhh.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 12:54

berad is right !
with just carsi can do whatever i want to my car aslong as i tell them about it and it's legal....

....I forgot to ad my licence is suspended and was suspended when i insured the car.

Your license suspension will come back to haunt you later on, specially if you have an accident, they can refuse your claim because of it.
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just bought a 91 soarer TT last week. went through just cars and got a %60 NCB cause of my perfect driving record Very Happy

cost me just under 1700 for comprehensive (haha bad spelling!!!) which isnt to bad. thats for agreed value $11000 completly stock.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 19:05

i just bought a 91 soarer TT last week. went through just cars and got a %60 NCB cause of my perfect driving record Very Happy

cost me just under 1700 for comprehensive (haha bad spelling!!!) which isnt to bad. thats for agreed value $11000 completly stock.

what just under $1700, like 1690?.
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Tue, 12 July 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmm..... more like 1656 or something.... cant remember exactly. thats living in newcastle though remember. not sure about sydney though i will soon find out as my girlfriend just got a job in sydo. so its moving time!!!!!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Wed, 13 July 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brett_celicacoupe wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 19:08

when i get my 1g ra40 goin, im going to have the 22pin ECU plug so that i can unplug it and take it with me/hide it

And how does that stop them from backing a flatbed up to your car, dragging it on, and stripping it elsewhere?

Nothing will stop them from taking your car if they want it.
You just have to make your car look less wanted.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Real Insurance Quote Wed, 13 July 2005 06:41 Go to previous message
its an ra40 they are ugly as shit like my rona no-one wants to steal em. Don't worry just make sure your intercooler is painted black so they can't see it unless they really look and no-one will touch the darned thing. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:crank question
Next Topic:wheels for an st141 corona
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:02:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082581043243408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.